Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

brb buying some fedex and UPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Gotcha makes sense. I was thinking of the Russian missiles that could spam lots of non-nuke missiles to overwhelm missile defense.

You can see the mass launch and interceptors coming up from this angle.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1392202926299418627

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Immanentized posted:

Oh. This should be fun

I checked the price and not fun enough. Yellen should find her spine and do something on the US side.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I live in a "luxury" apartment in VA that's basically a studio closet for 1.2k. Anything that's not "luxury" here means roaches and dogshit maintenance.

YET YOU PARTICIPATE IN SOCIETY

Sounds right? 20 years ago I was paying 900 USD for a roach studio in South Central LA.

My mortgage in NOVA is a little higher :smithicide:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't know what this is.

An alt-coin. Think of alt-coins like penny stocks. They all have hopes and dreams of Elon tweeting about them, but they are all throw-away investments for the most part. There's a tweet saying they were hacked, but :shrugs:.

A colleague is heavily into crypto, and one of his main reasons is crypto doesn't count for FAFSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Iain posted:

Not sure if this is right the place or the resources thread to post this since it is limited time, but Ancestry and Fold3 are offering free military records searches until Monday.

https://go.fold3.com/freeaccess?xid=2690

I found my grand fathers WW2 registration card which was pretty neat. Godamn we were both 20 when we joined :eyepop:

Just wanted to say this has been a good source of info for our family.

Found out the following:

Great Great Grandad's Civil War (Union) headstone request in the late 1920s and some pension stubs.
His brother and he were in the same company and the brother was noted as a prisoner of war. There was a family story of the brother being a POW, but now we have confirmation. That brother also refused a service headstone per family history.

Grandad's two injuries in WW2. He died in his 50s, so his sons never really got a chance to talk to him about the war. But, we were able to piece together a story about him being injured in a bombing raid in Italy with a hospital record from fold3.