Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for April, 2021?
This poll is closed.
:sweep: Kenny Omega (AEW/IMPACT World Champion) 33 35.48%
:gitgudhorn: Hikaru Shida (AEW Women's Champion) 18 19.35%
:stwoon: Kota Ibushi (FORMER IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.08%
:fuckoff: Will Ospreay (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 4 4.30%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (WWE Champion) 0 0%
:science: Jun Akiyama (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:bustem: Keiji Mutoh (GHC Heavyweight Champion) 3 3.23%
:dance: Rich Swann (FORMER Impact Champion) 1 1.08%
Utami Hayashishita (World of Stardom Champion) 0 0%
:smugdog: Roman Reigns (WWE Universal Champion) 4 4.30%
Sasha Banks (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (Smackdown Women's Champion) 12 12.90%
:angel: Tsukasa Fujimoto (ICEx Champion) 0 0%
Asuka (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 2 2.15%
:pkmnwhy: Rhea Ripley (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
Rika Tatsumi (Princess of Princess Champion) 7 7.53%
:nah: (None of the Above) 8 8.60%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this was a pretty tough field but I went with Rika because she's relatable. She's also top of the pile in an extremely competitive company where any defense is a hot item because they book lots of outs in case of injury/retirement/etc.

I had to think hard about Shida or Omega tho. They're both doing great jobs leading the dogs on a run. AEW the straw that stirs the wrestling world's drink right now. Shida has quite a list of world class talent gunning for her. And Kenny just had Andrade schmozz a AAA ppv just to call him out(while also making a subtle power statement he's got all of lucha libre united in this endeavor).

And can't say enough Rich Swann's run. Dude is some kind of wizard turning poo poo into gold like that. TNA's resurgence as a canadian indie with TV(shot in nashville) while rebuilding several burnt bridges absolutely hinged on Rich Swann's hype defenses. And that Kenny Omega match was boooonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

2 days in, 2 days to go, can Omega drag the Impact title along into the winner's circle with him and the AEW title? Only time (and your vote!) will tell!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Jerusalem posted:

2 days in, 2 days to go, can Omega drag the Impact title along into the winner's circle with him and the AEW title? Only time (and your vote!) will tell!

He ain't dragging it with him, he's reaching for the nearest handhold to pull himself into the winner's circle, and then after dislodging the title from its forgotten perch on the cliffside, he's crawling onto that platform, first by smacking the belt down, and then pulling himself up after it.

Or to put it another way, somehow, one of the most talented wrestlers on the planet is only actually the best champion of last month strictly because of the Impact title and that's something that is causing numbness on one half of my face.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I voted for Rika Tatsumi because the Itoh match was very very good and I'm very high on TJPW this year.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh absolutely, he's listed as both so it would absolutely be a win for Impact as well as AEW, and indeed all the votes he gets will also be counted towards the Impact promotion in addition to AEW for stats purposes (which will cause an overhang) but that's just the way it has to be.

I actually think that it shouldn't count for AEW - he didn't defend the AEW World Title in the month of April and so he's not on the poll because of that: its because of the Impact Championship. Its an incredibly pedantic point but I'm a rather pedantic person.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

I actually think that it shouldn't count for AEW - he didn't defend the AEW World Title in the month of April and so he's not on the poll because of that: its because of the Impact Championship. Its an incredibly pedantic point but I'm a rather pedantic person.

He successfully defended the AEW Title against Rich Swann.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

IceAgeComing posted:

As far as i'm aware (through a quick Wikipedia search) both titles were on the line. He defended one, won another, it's just the Impact title people are voting for because LOLTNA

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Personally I voted for Kenny more because he's the best wrestler in the world and a perfect cocky heel champ who is consistently entertaining and less because of LOLTNA, but I won't tell you that you're wrong if you have your priorities the other way around either.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
voted for ibushi in protest over the feb result

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact, and TNA, deserve this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

3 days in, 1 day to go, and Omega is pulling away with twice the votes of Shida now, thanks to 86.2417% of his votes coming from people called Steve who have a particular point they want to make towards Trudy about picking up wet towels off the bathroom floor. But his lead isn't insurmountable and there's still a day to get your vote in!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I voted for Kenny Omega AEW champion not TNA champion so please remove half a vote from Kenny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In April, nobody could deny Kenny Omega. Not the Young Bucks. Not Rich Swann. And not Punch Suplex (Tokyo Joshi) Pro either. With 35% of the vote against his nearest competitor (and fellow AEW Champion Hikaru Shida) with 19%, Kenny Omega easily took the win for the second month in a row. The Belt collector has the AEW Championship and the Impact Championship to his name now, plus of course the AAA Mega Championship though he hasn't defended that so far this year... but was challenged for it towards the end of April by the newly free Andrade which... well that's just goddamn awesome. Outside of Kenny it was of course Hikaru Shida in second place, with Bianca Belair's Wrestlemania main event and title win earning her a third place spot with Tokyo Joshi Pro's Rika Tatsumi close behind in 4th.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip ?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969449
???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006