Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Happy Loyalty Day! Your president and mine, Joseph R. Biden, has given out a unifying and bipartisan Happy Loyalty Day, fellow humans!

quote:

On Loyalty Day, we celebrate our allegiance to the project of this great Nation and the democratic ideals woven into the fabric of our Constitution. As Americans, we do not command loyalty, but seek to earn it through our actions — including by living up to the principles enshrined in our Constitution and respecting the will of the people as reflected in the democratic process. Drawn together by the promise of equality, freedom, and justice, we are a Nation of shared ideals and strong, resilient people. Here in America, loyalty does not mean fealty to any one leader or political party, nor does it mean unthinking praise or willful ignorance of our shortcomings — it means loyalty to our common ideals, and to one another. It means standing united as one people, even as we cherish our differences and respect dissent.

Our country is a diverse tapestry of many cultures, heritages, religions, and languages, brought together around the values and ideals we all share as Americans. Together, we celebrate our differences and draw strength from our common commitment to perfecting our Union. No matter what challenges come our way, our Nation holds strong together — bound by our Constitution and the rule of law, uplifted by individual liberties and promises of justice we have worked hard in each generation to secure and expand, and consecrated by those who have sacrificed to preserve, defend, and care for our Nation.

We see loyalty in the members of our Armed Forces, who selflessly serve in harm’s way; in their families, who, in the timeless words of the poet John Milton, “also serve who only stand and wait;” in our educators, who dedicate their lives to nurturing young minds; in our first responders, who put their lives on the line to save others; in all those who have the courage to call out our Nation’s imperfections when we fall short, and who continue to push our society to live up to its founding promise of freedom, justice, and equality for all. May 1 is also International Workers’ Day, and we honor the workers whose service and sacrifice has helped turn the tide against the COVID-19 pandemic. On this day, we show our gratitude to our essential workers — and to all of the workers who have organized and fought to improve our Nation and create a fairer and more just society for all.

To acknowledge the American ethos of patriotism and the sacrifices so many of our fellow citizens have made, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529, as amended, has designated the 1st day of May each year as Loyalty Day. On this day, let us reaffirm our commitment to the values that bind us together and honor all those who have defended our freedom.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2021, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon the people of the United States to join in this national observance, display the United States flag and pledge allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fifth.

In this thread how about us underclass say all the reasons we are loyal to the United States!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I, for one, am glad the United States lets me buy many products for my weak, scaleless skin. Plus eating at fast food terrariums is the best, I love having my body feel tender and marbled at the end of the day.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Good Morning Sunday Morning

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i had to look up what 'loyalty day' is so i did

lmfao america sucks rear end

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Most progressive president

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Did Biden think Americans would suddenly care about May Day or whatever as if they ever have in the past? I mean Europeans barely give a gently caress, toss a couple molotovs for kicks whatever no one or nothing is hurt or broken, you ooh and ah at the fire for a second and everyone has a few laughs and goes to the bar for a beer, even the cops

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if youre gonna replace may day at least make it pay day biotch wheres my money

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

yellowcar posted:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im loyal to the united states because im too much of a useless dipshit to defect to china

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Private Cumshoe posted:

Did Biden think Americans would suddenly care about May Day or whatever as if they ever have in the past? I mean Europeans barely give a gently caress, toss a couple molotovs for kicks whatever no one or nothing is hurt or broken, you ooh and ah at the fire for a second and everyone has a few laughs and goes to the bar for a beer, even the cops

Invented in the 50's. The most progressive president is just sitting solidarity with Joseph McCarthy.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
seeing some disloyalty in this thread on loyalty day. what has america come to?

keep in mind that every nation is america so your loyalty is mandatory.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im loyal. loyal to your mom sucking my drat dick. consensually of course.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
america is hosed up lol

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

gently caress Loyalty Day and gently caress McCarthyism.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im loyal to bofa

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1388538267377848321

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Adbot