Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I can’t watch this show when i’m feeling down it’s horrifically sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God I forgot how loving awkward that Raw interview was

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how many people out of 100 do you think are the guy who would say they were trying to do this or that to help a person who died a long time ago because the deceased can't call that person out on lying? I done it once but i was Telling the truth, which makes it more difficult to figure out the right stats

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

how many people out of 100 do you think are the guy who would say they were trying to do this or that to help a person who died a long time ago because the deceased can't call that person out on lying? I done it once but i was Telling the truth, which makes it more difficult to figure out the right stats

Hogan does this so much it’s like a comedy bit.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I can’t watch this show when i’m feeling down it’s horrifically sad.

I haven't watched the Owen Hart ep and the Benoit 2 parter, I think it's pretty understandable.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

probably somewhere between 68-70 out of 100

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It's probably because I lost my dad four years ago, but hearing Dave talk about the girls talking about saying goodbye to daddy through tears just KILLED me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

God I forgot how loving awkward that Raw interview was

I don't even know whether or not to believe Melanie's account of it. She's completely unreliable, but I can totally believe Vince was absolutely that gross and exploitative.

e: oh my God this Brian Jr. interview is heartbreaking.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 7, 2021

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Benne posted:

The only time I've seen Melanie was that weird interview on Raw and I know that was 23 years ago but she ... hasn't aged well

I mean, she's 56? And she did have a drug problem for a while. For 56, she really doesn't look all that bad and I don't understand why goons are freaking out about her.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Timby posted:

I mean, she's 56? And she did have a drug problem for a while. For 56, she really doesn't look all that bad and I don't understand why goons are freaking out about her.
I think they're referring to the things that are specifically signs of her drug abuse.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Timby posted:

It's the drug stuff. She looks like one of my mom's friends who got into meth when I was a kid that i watched deteriorate in real time until my mom finally cut her completely off. If you aren't familiar with those effects they can be shocking. And the show plays up the contrast specifically by showing a bunch of her glamour photos right before cutting to her now. People are having the intended reaction.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

davidbix posted:

I think they're referring to the things that are specifically signs of her drug abuse.

She has perfect teeth as an adult 25 years ago. Look at them in the interview. That's almost certainly meth use.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
between her mannerisms and the state of her skin it seems to me likely that she's still on or just recently get off meth. for as striking as the physical effects of meth can be, they can be reversed somewhat by being off it for an extended period and having your skin heal naturally or through treatment. my best friends mom was 50-something when she got clean for an extended period after her girlfriend died and looked like she lost 10 years of age after a few years of treatment and taking care of her skin.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Kim Wood is a national treasure and the stories on the new Dark Side of the Podcast ("I'LL FUCKIN' WALK!") make him even better.
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1390507684693221383

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
where did you guys find Kim? was he a known person of interest before this? episode 1 (all I've seen) makes him seem like a longtime Dave Meltzer source.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Reality Protester posted:

where did you guys find Kim? was he a known person of interest before this? episode 1 (all I've seen) makes him seem like a longtime Dave Meltzer source.
Oh yeah, he's long been a known quantity in Pillman's story; he's in WWE's Pillman documentary, as well, and heavily cited in Liam O'Rourke's book and repeatedly alluded to in the big Observer bio features. He doesn't seem hard to track down, but that was Howard's job, not mine.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Someone fuckin' pay that guy to manage literally anyone in wrestling. I just want him to promo every week.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
somehow the most carny fuckin guy they’ve had on in three seasons isn’t in the business at all. that last line about money is the most wrasslin thing I’ve ever heard

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

between her mannerisms and the state of her skin it seems to me likely that she's still on or just recently get off meth. for as striking as the physical effects of meth can be, they can be reversed somewhat by being off it for an extended period and having your skin heal naturally or through treatment. my best friends mom was 50-something when she got clean for an extended period after her girlfriend died and looked like she lost 10 years of age after a few years of treatment and taking care of her skin.

A lot of people who get cosmetic surgery don't understand they still have to put in effort to keep up appearances afterward. I deleted the second sentence and this is the sentence that currently exists because I don't need goons trying to cancel me.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

not a fan of the "whore" bit but otherwise p solid

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
This is such a downer of an episode, but holy poo poo, seeing Brian's sister become the mom to those kids was so goddamn uplifting.

Also, it's a miracle that Brian Jr. seems like a normal person. I hope he becomes a huge star in AEW.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Man I gotta watch the Kanyon episode even though it's gonna make me cry, dude was so good in the ring.

For the Nick Gage one I wonder if they're gonna include the promo he tried to cut while he was bleeding out just before he died.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

davidbix posted:

Oh yeah, he's long been a known quantity in Pillman's story; he's in WWE's Pillman documentary, as well, and heavily cited in Liam O'Rourke's book and repeatedly alluded to in the big Observer bio features. He doesn't seem hard to track down, but that was Howard's job, not mine.

Did you guys try to ask about Lexi Pillman at all?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Red posted:

This is such a downer of an episode, but holy poo poo, seeing Brian's sister become the mom to those kids was so goddamn uplifting.

Also, it's a miracle that Brian Jr. seems like a normal person. I hope he becomes a huge star in AEW.
I definitely look at Brian Jr. differently after watching the episode, especially because his stepdad was a supervillain level of level of monster, which I had no idea about. He's not perfect, but most of his lesser moments as a public figure can be chalked up to naïveté a a lot more than they can be chalked up to malice.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did you guys try to ask about Lexi Pillman at all?
That's WAY above my pay grade.

Speaking generally, if there's something you think should have been included that wasn't, it was likely just a matter of time management.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Part two was "better" than the first, it seemed much more focused even if it didn't go any further into Pillman's apparent own shittiness.

I had never seen that Raw interview with Melanie until one of the NY64 tournaments here a few years ago and it really is very gross. Like, regardless of how you or I think of her now, it might actually be the most disgusting WWE segment of all time, at least top three. Which takes some beating!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, Brian Jr has every right to be completely hosed up after all that. Yikes

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I did wonder about the other two kids, since they mentioned five kids but only interviewed three, but figured it was a matter of time management and/or they declined to interview for this.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

davidbix posted:

Speaking generally, if there's something you think should have been included that wasn't, it was likely just a matter of time management.

I would've been curious about him reconnecting with the Harts in the WWF, or his past with Terri Runnels, but understandable.

I'm also curious about how many benefit shows were run for his family, and how much money Melanie blew through instead of supporting her kids.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

does the hat they use for Flashback JR get bigger every time

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ok, so Bischoff claims he let Pillman go to build his profile so Bischoff could actually pay Pillman what he wanted on the return. But if Bischoff has the control over signing people I thought he did couldn't he have just paid Pillman the money anyway if he really wanted to?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Ok, so Bischoff claims he let Pillman go to build his profile so Bischoff could actually pay Pillman what he wanted on the return. But if Bischoff has the control over signing people I thought he did couldn't he have just paid Pillman the money anyway if he really wanted to?

Because if Bischoff doesn't tell this lie, he has to admit that Pillman played him hook line and sinker (which is what happened).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CVagts posted:

Because if Bischoff doesn't tell this lie, he has to admit that Pillman played him hook line and sinker (which is what happened).

I guess I really wanted to know just how good a lie that really was.

I mean, poo poo, if I were Bischoff I'd say he got one over on me even if he didn't because it's a good story. Then again if Bischoff could tell a good story WCW might still be around.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The bit about telling Bischoff it had to be a real firing because otherwise Meltzer would report it was fake and the jig was up was pretty funny

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love that in 2021 Bischoff is still trying to put over his side of the story when literally everyone else has contradicted him. Dude just refuses to take the L.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 8, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I guess there's just a conspiracy by the rest of the industry to make little ol' Eric Bischoff look like a loser.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"I cannot recall"

-Bischoff on 83 Weeks, in response to every time Conrad Thompson brings up an asinine decision he made during his WCW tenure that even I remember

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 09:26 on May 8, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's not even that Bischoff refuses to accept he was conned, in his version of the story he can't even just be a guy doing business as usual without a con being involved... he has to claim he was somehow actually the REAL instigator of the con and the true mastermind etc. It's just so pathetic, just accept you got conned! It's okay! People get conned, hell this one would make for a fantastic story and the guy is long dead so it's not like you're letting him get one over on you! "Holy poo poo I couldn't believe it when I realized what they'd pulled off, you have to admire the balls of the move!" etc.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nick Jr. Face posted:

"I cannot recall"

-Bischoff on 83 Weeks, in response to every time Conrad Thompson brings up an asinine decision he made during his WCW tenure that even I remember

I've never listened to it but I'm told that comes up more than enough that if you were hoping for good stuff out of 83 Weeks you'll probably be disappointed.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There's very little good stuff in 83 Weeks. It's either Bischoff saying he can't remember, or him ranting about Meltzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Seams posted:

There's very little good stuff in 83 Weeks. It's either Bischoff saying he can't remember, or him ranting about Meltzer.

At best his clips with Conrad provide some good Botchamania sizzle reels and that’s about all I get from it.