Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Assuming you lived a full natural lifespan of a human being till about 80 years old, where and when throughout all of human history would be best to live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
probably right about now, op.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Way before internet.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I would probably be dead without modern medicine and standards of care

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

probably right about now, op.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ONLY DEPRESSION KIDS REMEMBER THIS *poses with iron lung*

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

can i choose who i am because that makes a pretty big difference

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Diogenes lived in a barrel for 80 years, you'll be fiiine

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the hyborian age obviously

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Colonel Cancer posted:

Diogenes lived in a barrel for 80 years, you'll be fiiine

his dad was rich as gently caress, he was a trust fund baby larping being poor

edit: don't get me wrong, diogenes was the die from which all shitposters are cast and his legacy is an important part of human history, but his dad was still fuckin loaded

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Being a white man in his forties in 1985 America seems like the best possible life.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
silent generation hippy who made millions off something creative in the 60's and spent 70's-present day loving baked

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
sometimes when i get bummed about being stuck inside during the pandemic i think about how people lived in leningrad for the entirety of the siege (2 years and 4 months), enduring shelling, starvation, brutal winters, and no booze

so, you know, nowadays things aren't so bad

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

maybe in the prime of one of those early hunter-gatherer cities where they hooted and hollered all day and might have hosed around and did a little farming

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
future times when i can b0ne d0wn with tali and liara & ALSO i have cool power armor.

IF IT HAS TO BE THE PAST the medieval times and im a wizard. a battle wizard. nuff said

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
2080-2160

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Definitely the hunter-gatherer eras before humans developed complex cities and got into warfare. I bet I could gather a shitload of berries and I love naps, if I’m guaranteed to make it to 80 that’s the hard part taken care of.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
123 million bc. i am a small rodentlike creature. i sire 1000 babies in a full rodent lifespan of 3 weeks and then get eaten by a velociraptor.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
being qin shi huang would've been pretty cool i'll go with that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

thug life op hth

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
living out on a small Greek island or amalfi coast in like 200 ce just netting sardines and grilling up fish, squeezing olives and drinking wine all day

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
truckin n fuckin

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Mayor Dave posted:

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

That is good

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

probably now, maybe born whenever lets you die of natural causes around 2030 or so, maybe 2040 if you're in the northern hemisphere. rich, obviously.

if we survive the next 1000 years then there's probably going to be a several thousand year period that absolutely kicks rear end in a way that's still comprehensible to us. literal space future utopia (by our standards) poo poo. beyond that probably kicks rear end too but in a way impossible for us to fathom.

maybe there's another big catastrophe like capitalism lurking out there, but if not things are probably good as hell for whatever becomes of humanity for a long long time. probably very chill & cozy existing as a thin film of computronium around the event horizon of a black hole, thinking slow thoughts for a duotrigintillion years until even the black holes evaporate.

pretty good, op!

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

To crush your enemies, etc...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Being a white man in his forties in 1985 America seems like the best possible life.

Yeah, being white and an adult but not too old in the 80s so that you get to live through the life-prolonging advances of the 2000s

Boomers had it best

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the best life is to be a garden hermit on a 17th century french noblemans estate

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Cat life. 80 years, 9 lives. no thought. no bills. just meow meow.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I feel like knowing you’re gonna live to 80 is kinda cheating since a lot of the bad times involve dying young.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Hand Knit posted:

I feel like knowing you’re gonna live to 80 is kinda cheating since a lot of the bad times involve dying young.

Living and watching everyone else die is worse imo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jon Irenicus posted:

I would probably be dead without modern medicine and standards of care

It's kind of funny to think of how this applies to pretty much everyone who has ever had appendicitis. Just a complete death sentence prior to decent surgery standards.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
any time period where there was bad bitches big blunts and cold drinks. gas thread

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Crazypoops posted:

Living and watching everyone else die is worse imo

i would simply kill hitler

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i'd rather live a life as either a three-toed sloth or capybara

a life of nothing but vibin

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

today if you’re rich

otherwise probably like a bazillion years ago in the palaeolithic era before we discovered the devil agriculture

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'd have enjoyed visiting Belle Epoque-era Paris.

I mean, not all the making GBS threads, but the sex and drugs would be great.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Ancient Lemuria

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
always wanted to be one of those guys who can still get boners on cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

oral sex wasnt invented until the 1970s so any time pre then would be pretty rough. i think being a rich guy in a major european city in the 2000s or so would be cool