Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Marching Powder posted:

there's an art sub in this forum right? surely i could throw some money at an art goon to do up a logo for oildome. i don't know why i want a rashguard with an absurdly obscure meme on it but i'll be happy every time i look at it which would make it more valuable then most of my possessions.

I mean, there are art goons in this very thread.

Describe what you want and I can probably help. I just don't know where to begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I mean, there are art goons in this very thread.

Describe what you want and I can probably help. I just don't know where to begin.

er, 'oildome prison championship' in full, acronym, or both. imagery would be a bottle of baby oil, a championship belt, prison bars, or a slippery when wet sign. poo poo i don't know i'm not an artist or funny. but if anyone wants to give this a crack i would actually pay for your time if you send me a dm.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
gently caress that old thread was wild. it features me wondering seriously why demian maia was a +400 dog against loving kamaru usman. it also features me not believing that cmpunk could possibly be bad enough to lose to a journalist with some amateur boxing experience they picked specifically to be bad enough to lose to cm punk. to say i was wrong on both counts would be wildly charitable.

one more good quote from the thread:

quote:

TIL in prison you will be labelled a f****t if you do not step into the oildome and wrestle with the oiled up naked openly gay guy

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

the Diego stuff reminded me, who was the ufc fighter who has TBI and can't really make ends meet and Dana made him gamble $10k at the tables instead of just giving him some money?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Spencer Fisher, who Diego said he wanted to have The King in his corner for this bout with Cowboy that got scratched

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Marching Powder posted:

er, 'oildome prison championship' in full, acronym, or both. imagery would be a bottle of baby oil, a championship belt, prison bars, or a slippery when wet sign. poo poo i don't know i'm not an artist or funny. but if anyone wants to give this a crack i would actually pay for your time if you send me a dm.

I think we have to work backwards from the central character. Untrustable, do you have any idea what kind of stance your brother took when some challenger would enter the cell for a fight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Untrustable, do you have any idea what kind of stance your brother took when some challenger would enter the cell for a fight?

please say in the stance that kids doing karate are in before they start their kata

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

Spencer Fisher, who Diego said he wanted to have The King in his corner for this bout with Cowboy that got scratched

Well, poo poo :(

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Holy poo poo. One of my personal rules is if I realize that I had the same idea multiple times, I need to follow through on it.

linked an art goon. this is the result. they're going to send me a variety of files for the hi res image so if you ever go ahead with this project and want to use this, just hit me up. i thought it hit all the major notes.

no pressure though ive lived this long without an oildome rashie

https://imgur.com/aQEWavF

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
looks a lot cummier than i imagined it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Nis posted:

looks a lot cummier than i imagined it

guess the artist read about the gay man inviting a parade of prisoners into his body oil sanctuary and making intimate contact and wasn't reminded of an un-cummy situation.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'd have gone with the OG UFC logo man and made him naked and covered in oil but I'm no artist.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

I think we have to work backwards from the central character. Untrustable, do you have any idea what kind of stance your brother took when some challenger would enter the cell for a fight?

Well the couple times I fought with him, he just kept his hands hella low. Like near his midsection.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Untrustable posted:

Well the couple times I fought with him, he just kept his hands hella low. Like near his midsection.

wonderboy of the oildome

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

I'd have gone with the OG UFC logo man and made him naked and covered in oil but I'm no artist.

lol if there was some way to make the lubrication pop on a rash guard i'd commission this too.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Really still wish I could get an "Oil Dome Contender" gang tag.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Untrustable posted:

Really still wish I could get an "Oil Dome Contender" gang tag.

You can.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was envisioning a mashup of a stereotypical b-league mma logo and a baby oil logo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I was envisioning a mashup of a stereotypical b-league mma logo and a baby oil logo

that sounds good as hell

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Reyes got super hosed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DilkerYQ6eM

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fight Night Rodriguez vs Waterson Breakdown

Disclaimer for gamblers – I am not a gambler. I talk about odds, but I use them as a talking point. When I highlight an underdog I’m not endorsing any kind of bet. Rather, I’m asserting that a fight looks more competitive to me than the betting line suggests. You’re responsible for your own decisions.

Holy poo poo this card is a shell of its former self. The headline was supposed to be Dillashaw vs Sandhagen, but instead we get a headline that really should be on the prelims somewhere. Is Michelle Waterson a draw? Anyway…

Flyweight Marina Rodriguez vs Michelle Waterson
At flyweight? Really? For those of you who don’t know, Michelle Waterson was the second Invicta atomweight (105 lb) champion and has long been judged undersized at strawweight. The “Karate Hottie” is coming off of a surprisingly fun split decision over Angela Hill in September, and losses to top contenders Esparza and Jedrzejczyk before that. Her fights are often bad, but they’re fun when her opponent presses the action. Rodriguez is also a strawweight, and she just had a very impressive win over fellow prospect Amanda Ribas (it had the weird stoppage where the ref kinda bumped into her but didn’t stop it). Rodriguez has some great muay thai and hits quite hard for her weight class. Actually a decent fight.

Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs Alex Morono
Diego Sanchez was supposed to be here, but he got fired and Morono is in (google “Diego Sanchez drama” for details). Morono is a Texan BJJ black belt with pretty heavy hands and some decent aggression. He’s coming off of a decision loss to Pettis, where he was outclassed but still stuck in there. He’s 7-4 1NC in the UFC. Do I need to break down Cerrone? He’s coming off a majority draw-cum-NC with Niko Price.

:siren:Welterweight Neil Magny vs Geoff Neal
Hey this is fun! Geoff Neal is a prospect coming off of a headliner loss to Wonderboy. He’s a good boxer but he was exposed as not having a great corner or great fight IQ. He’s now 5-1 in the UFC. Magny is tied for the most wins as a welterweight in the UFC. Do I need to break him down and introduce him? He’s coming off of a 5 round decision loss to Chiesa.

Heavyweight Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs Maurice Greene
MRdL is making his 12th UFC walk. He’s best known for being submitted by forearm choke (Romanov) and getting Von Flued. He also lost to Struve in 2019. Heh. Mo Green is the crochet guy with weird eyes. He arm triangled Gian Villante from the bottom but then got TKOed by Greg Hardy.

:siren:Lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira vs Gregor Gillespie
Ferreira had a 6 fight streak going on but then dropped a FOTN split decision to Dariush in February. He’s quite good and well-rounded with a BJJ base. Gillespie is a chud who is a great wrestler but he got Bernie Sandersed in November 2019 by Kevin Lee. I think he had a fight booked but caught covid, if you track this kind of thing. This could be an excellent grapple fight.

:siren:Strawweight Amanda Ribas vs Angela Hill
Ooh I like both of them. Ribas is a great BJJ champ who has good offensive muay thai, but her defense, or at least striking under pressure, got exposed by Marina Rodriguez last time out. She has a win over Mackenzie Dern. Angela Hill is a veteran muay thai based fighter and a super cool person. She bounced back to her split decision loss to Michelle Waterson with a one-sided decision win over Ashley Yoder.

Prelims
Heavyweight Ben Rothwell vs Philipe Lins
Lol why is this on the undercard when the even trashier heavyweights are on the main? “Of Mice and” Ben Rothwell is a veteran with some top-tier wins. His last two fights are less than top tier – he squeaked by OSP and then lost a decision to Tybura. Lins is 0-2 in the UFC with losses to Arlovski and Tanner Boser.

Middleweight Phil Hawes vs Kyle Daukaus
Hawes is a good looking prospect right now. He’s a DWCS guy with a quick KO over Jacob Malkoun and then a good decision win over Imavov after that. He’s a punchy wrestleman. Daukaus is the younger brother of that cop heavyweight, and he’s 1-1 in the UFC with a loss to Brendan Allen.

Featherweight L’udovit Klein vs Michael Trizano
Trizano… I recognize… is… uhh… oh poo poo he’s a TUF winner. Lol. He’s a wrestler and he has fought only twice since winning then, going 1-1. Klein is a Slovak going by “Mr Highlight” who had a great debut back in September, getting a quick KO.

Flyweight Ryan Benoit vs Zarrukh Adashev
Benoit is 3-5 in the UFC. Adashev is an uzbek who is 0-2 in the UFC and 3-3 overall. Tyson Nam put him away violently back in June. I think he’s a famous kickboxer or something? But he seems like he’s poo poo at MMA. Who here is the can?

:frogsiren:Middleweight Jun Yong Park vs Tafon Nchukwi
Park is a Korean who is 2-1 in the UFC (consecutive fights on Zombie cards) – he’s the Iron Turtle! He’s basically a bald Asian guy who wades forward and throws haymakers. He’s the guy who lost a fight because of wrestling and then just decided to become a wrestler and then wrestled the poo poo out of a Welsh guy. Nchukwi is a 5-0 Cameroonian fighter who comes in with an impressive DWCS appearance and a UFC decision.

Welterweight Christian Aguilera vs Carlston Harris
Aguilera is 1-1 in the UFC. Harris is a Guyanan-born Brazil-based fighter with a 14-4 record, making his UFC debut.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

“Of Mice and” Ben Rothwell

Nice.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

that is some good poo poo

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Thoughts:

I’m into Neal on Neil violence.

Why is Angie Hill so low on the card? She’s at least as fun/skilled as Michele Waterson, and the UFC is basically operating on Who’s Line Is It Anyway rules as it is.

gently caress, I thought I had a third point. But I don’t.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

None of us ever have points. Points are forbidden in the dome. Everything must be smooth and...domed.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Thoughts:

Why is Angie Hill so low on the card? She’s at least as fun/skilled as Michele Waterson, and the UFC is basically operating on Who’s Line Is It Anyway rules as it is.

Well Angie lost to Michelle in her (Waterson's) last fight, though it was a close decision and she did beat up Ashley Yoder since then.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Thoughts:

It's okay, everything's made up and points don't matter

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

excellent news fight fans, Nick Diaz is BACK

https://twitter.com/AlexBehunin/status/1390104270624550914?s=19

he will be hosting/livestreaming a 2 hour self defense course for popular cam girls in the near future

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Aye Doc posted:

excellent news fight fans, Nick Diaz is BACK

https://twitter.com/AlexBehunin/status/1390104270624550914?s=19

he will be hosting/livestreaming a 2 hour self defense course for popular cam girls in the near future

lol Nick Diaz/FightCircus crossover event when?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nick Diaz unintelligably shouting over his own echo, in what appears to be an empty warehouse fitted with a green screen, as he attempts to teach strippers how to use nunchuks via video conference call is that little dash of 2000s MMA absurdity I have so desperately needed during these trying times.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I want someone on that chat to comment:

"Take your mouth guard out when you talk!"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Nick Diaz unintelligably shouting over his own echo, in what appears to be an empty warehouse fitted with a green screen, as he attempts to teach strippers how to use nunchuks via video conference call is that little dash of 2000s MMA absurdity I have so desperately needed during these trying times.

how much is it? i'd pay ppv dollars to watch nick diaz tend a garden, teach self defence, eat a hearty meal etc.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Snowman_McK posted:

The og gladiator intro but even more baby oil

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

kensei posted:

I want someone on that chat to comment:

"Take your mouth guard out when you talk!"

*mean mugs*
bitch, imnah wearin uh mouthguard

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...y-city/2587798/

Guess who is commiting fraud while in public office!!!!

It's

Tito Ortiz, :ortiz:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's

take it to the b league thread (the b is for bemboozlement, which is what tito is doing, which is when you do stealing of the money at a job)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

I want it to be just like Bas Rutten's Lethal Street Fighting. But Nick tells you to sucker punch people after blowing weed smoke in their face and how a bicycle can be used to fend off a bear.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's

i know he might be one of the dumbest people on the planet, :ortiz:, and it varies state-by-state, but how much could someone possibly pocket in unemployment on a $1,500/month salary? plus he's a goddamned city employee, so his salary is both publicly available and a part of the city council minutes. also, the council minutes would indicate if he was in attendance or absent. if you don't show up, you aren't unemployed, you just skipped work lmao.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

i know he might be one of the dumbest people on the planet, :ortiz:, and it varies state-by-state, but how much could someone possibly pocket in unemployment on a $1,500/month salary? plus he's a goddamned city employee, so his salary is both publicly available and a part of the city council minutes. also, the council minutes would indicate if he was in attendance or absent. if you don't show up, you aren't unemployed, you just skipped work lmao.

https://iasip.link/?IlRpdG8gT3J0aXogR29lcyBPbiBXZWxmYXJlLg==

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

lmao