Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
does anyone have a link to the oildome story? i want to read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

thank you sir

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

looks a lot cummier than i imagined it

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Untrustable posted:

Well the couple times I fought with him, he just kept his hands hella low. Like near his midsection.

wonderboy of the oildome

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

i'm a little conflicted about the people that look like death at weigh-ins and miss weight (or barely make it, but look like they won't survive to actually get into the cage)

like on a human level, it loving sucks seeing fighters look dehydrated and clearly suffering real bad -- just watching some of these guys and girls not being able to stand up straight is brutal.

but the sports fan part of me takes over and remembers that these fighters are the ones choosing the weight classes they fight in, and anyone who chooses to have a brutal weight cut in order to make the limit is doing so because they want to have a competitive advantage over someone who is smaller than them or doesn't have to cut as much weight.

i hope they figure some kind of system to discourage these massive weight cuts but i suspect it'll take a few more deaths to force the athletic commissions and promotions to come up with some rules to protect these fighters from themselves

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

:golfclap:

If CM Punk wants another run at the Octagon, him vs Cerrone could be fun(ny).

man what if cm punk beat cowboy though...

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

i hope so. chandler blocked me on twitter when he said he was fighting to represent the "stars and bars" and i told him that was the name of the confederate flag lol

lmao, y'all think that was him genuinely being that ignorant or was it a dog whistle thing?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

being a fat schlub with no experience fighting a toddler much less anything mildly threatening, i have zero confidence i could beat any of those things with my bare hands (including the rat, the house cat, and the goose)

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

tho only questionable one might be crocodile since they are ambush predators and without element of surprise/a body of water and just you, the croc, the cage and herb dean, you might have a chance + can't teenage zookeepers just hold their mouths shut since they have very little power opening their mouths

how are you gonna submit the croc? if you're literally just holding its mouth shut the whole time while presumably not being very active, herb is gonna stand the fight back up

edit: i dont think any of our frail human bodies can do real damage to a croc

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

The big juiced ginger guy they are prepping for the fights in this killed his wife a few years later. And yeah, don't make fun of travellers they aren't known for their sense of humour.

:wtc:

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

I'm honestly kinda surprised it's this soon

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

crepeface posted:

it somehow still would be

at this point i have to imagine he has a humilation fetish

i mean showing up fat and washed up to get knocked out for 500k is a pretty good gig if you can swing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

CommonShore posted:

:btroll:Carlos Felipe vs Jake Collier
They call Collier Fatboy Fat. He was a tall lanky middleweight who said gently caress it and went up to the heavyweight limit. He brawls and often looks embarrassing. His last fight was a sloppy trash fight win over Gian Villante. Felipe is a Brazilian who weighed like 340 lb at age 14 and now manages to make 265. He is also a loving trashweight. His last fight was a lackluster decision win over Justin Tafa after which he celebrated as if he had won the world cup instead of apologizing to the world for having made us watch it. Trashweights.

Thank you for writing this, made me grin like a loving maniac while reading it.