Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
If you really need to go to the gym for the squat rack and are fine paying 75% markup curve be damned open er up then poo poo please enjoy yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

MarcusSA posted:

Ok we get it already.

Hey when the Covid19 virus mutates into a no poo poo for real rabies/zombie virus you just let me know because you will encounter that poo poo before I will (if you go to the gym)

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
The zombies thing just popped into my head tonight as I wondered what the consequences of so many warm bodies harboring so much of the virus asymptomatic or otherwise and how it's basically infinite dice rolls on the mutation factor because
Squat racks

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I am really really glad to see you guys finding that silver lining

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Currently out on the streets helpfully informing the local homeless about a pop up, walk up vaccine site in the area and getting them gallons of drinking water if they want. Guess what the overall reaction to the concept of vaccines is
hint FL

also I feel like poo poo that this is the best I can do right now short of screaming at the boardwalk or sidewalk to get vax which isn't even off the table .
M mom is a nurse and has been at the front lines if this thing the whole time. These factors are some of what contribute to 'doomposting'

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 10, 2021

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
the responses ranged from 'Oh thanks for the heads up yes ill take some water ' to 'hell no vaccines and hell no to your water I have a house'

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
T minus 24 hours for me people. Lets do this

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

stab posted:

103 days until my 2nd dose! :canada:

See I thought 4 weeks between doses was on the long side but when I hear about experiences like this from abroad I immediately count my blessings. Solidarity to you and yours .

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
double post drat walmart connection

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Just got my second shot!! We can do this people.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

congrats my dude.

I still haven't gone and gotten my donut and I should. I would like a donut :shobon:

I am celebrating with some huge home made 5 layer burritos 🌯

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
arm is starting to get heavy and numb here 2 1/2 hours later.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
oh yeah arms in pain now. The software updates must be extensive

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Yes the covid pandemic was preventable why is that headline news gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress
its got an image of thermometers and face mask procedures like its some seriously well guarded secret techniques its not

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
If they gave me a free donut everyday instead of just once then I could proudly eat my vax donut everyday I step outside as a political symbol that I could do

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, not wearing masks inside when vaccinated is one of those things where I think it would make sense in a world where all people are both honest and rational but in reality it will just be used as an excuse by idiots.

Also I want to think the lottery thing might make a difference, but we need to do more. The people I think we need to be reaching at this point are the people who aren't anti-vaxx, but are lazy, unmotivated, etc about getting the vaccine. Basically I think we got through most of the people who badly wanted the vaccines, but need to get to these less motivated ones now. They are the kind of people who only get the flu vaccine if they happen to have a DR's appointments in the fall and the DR offers it or if their work has a day when people come in and give out shots. I still think the thing we need to do is find a way to make it convenient in a way where it's at a thing they'd already be going to. Hold vaccine drives at baseball games. Put a booth right outside the grocery store, etc. Hell, hold events at bars where you give out vaccines.

I am not trying to be pedantic but have you spoken to this demographic at all? And how about the working class who work all under the table, untaxed cash, no health benefits. Sure they could go get the vaccine (without insurance ?) but they're already so 'unmotivated' the vaccine just goes to the top of the pile.
This really is Darwin calling

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Huh I was under the impression that insurance was required as they asked for my insurance info. But in retrospect that doesn't make sense and walk up clinics are a thing.
Point is that if people who have the option to haven't already taken steps to get the vaccine, there's no indication that they will in the future until something changes.
I dont mean to be doomer but we are gonna learn the hard way

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
You know What? gently caress it thread lets all watch the idiots die

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I am going to make a special offer for the thread. I will personally, on a busy night like tonight, go to the bar scene at 11pm or so and conduct as many short in person interviews as I can on why they aren't getting vaxed (audio only)
My question is do we really want to know the answers why? its just going to be stupid inane poo poo

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 14, 2021

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That seems like you'll invite a lot of hostility and hostility at a bar can invite bad situations.

I'm a very vigilant person though.

Oh I would not be stepping into any bars, just the heavily crowded streets outside the bars. And suffice to say people have seen me around before that I would probably be fine?
The convos would not be jovial though that is for loving sure

e i imagine my single line would be "Hey have you considered getting vaxed?" and then roll tape

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Platystemon posted:

Please don’t threaten self‐harm.

I get that this is a joke but this kind of interviewing is critical to getting these bumpkins to go get loving jabbed, it needs to be done. If we knew their specific arguments and beliefs maybe we can begin to debunk them

I am quite ready to take to the streets with the covid19 alarmism if thats unclear in any way

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

boar guy posted:

sounds like a good way to catch an rear end whooping

You would know all bout antagonizing people

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

holy poo poo were those boys queuing up for the bar at 11AM? Tenacious

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've kind of done this in my local walmarts and whatnot. Someone breathing down my neck maskless and it usually goes like this:

me: pardon can I ask you a question?
them: yeah!
me: I know the covid guidelines are uncomfortable for a lot of folks. I don't like them much, either, but I'm pretty sick so I follow them. How d'you feel about them?

It's usually either met with them moving back and glaring at me (yay!) or them moving back and us talking about often opposing viewpoints. I've convinced a few but not many. Most of the arguments I've heard are what you expect: it's got a really high survival rate, the vaccines don't work, etc. Talking to them about my ongoing ministry experience and everything else has certainly gotten some pauses.

This is awesome that you made this effort.
This situation, discussing covid guidelines with strangers, resembles the street preaching and evangelism I sometimes see in this area.
The point is, almost no one ever gets their mind changed on the spot. We can only 'plant seeds' in people's minds; they have to nourish the idea until it becomes action . But if no one decides its their responsibility to plant some loving seeds then we really are in for a bad time.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I’ve found the best way to change people’s minds is actually to just mind my own business and hope for the best. Some weird goon stammering accusations at strangers sounds really funny though, please record it and upload it.

Oh boy I think I will like what the gently caress else is there to do

e I am considering just doing a live stream instead so you guys can see the poo poo happening in real time

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
No I was actually thinking about getting a couple poster boards and strapping them to my body after writing
GET VAXED OR DIE SLEAZEBALLS
and then moseying up to drunks and seeing what happens
Get real guys this is going to be skateboard driveby vax shaming at 12 mph they are welcome to try and catch me and whoop my rear end lmfao

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Hey guys, its November 2034 the 15th anniversary of discovery of CoVid! You know what that means! Bring it (no closer than 6ft) in!
Optimus Prime, Shredder, half the Mortal Kombat cast, the Power Rangers (Morphed) are already obeying mask traditions and always have been, carrying the stuff for a HUGE PARTY

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I read pages like
https://usafacts.org/issues/coronavirus/state/
for my specific state and it just feels weird.
45% first dose 35% second dose; which seems unreal to me until I look at the age demographics

its so loving clear at what age group the 'hesitancy' originates and then it just cascades from there as people look to the example set by boomers

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Facebook Aunt posted:

Joined Pfizer Crew today. :toot: So far just some mild arm pain.

Congratulations and thanks .

I really should catchup on NEET has it been good

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Platystemon posted:

Capped for future archæologists.

Some activities are more safest than others.

I am not even being facetious right now; where was the miscommunication? this visual aid makes sense to me; 2 weeks after your vax you are good to go. Nothing else; so the CDC now saying "We didn't say everyone take off their masks" is in fact not walking anything back? it was clear to me at least what behavior is risky and what is not . People just don't wanna waaaa

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
sounds like a perfect storm of idiocy

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
aren't there some people in the thread with 3 vaccines in their body and they feel fine/indestructible

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I have gone back on occasion to the first dozen pages of the first thread and the videos of the people dropping dead on the sidewalk were and still are freaky.
Its just gon' be like that I suppose. I heard and reconfirmed the timeline of a 'crossfit coach' who died of this thing in 2020 and it was 2 weeks from diagnosis to life support/dead.
Now a crossfit coach could mean a lot of things from supplements in the immune system to high exposure but the point being is that people will just continue to drop like flies from this new form of natural disaster that, because of the overall human condition, seems to be unpreventable
..Lol

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
whoa thats loving dumb

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I am 13 days post shot 2 Moderna, no soreness anymore. I do workouts every other day including stretching and push ups so my arm is good. get that acid buildup baby

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I saw plenty of ads for The Good Doctor and it looked like he was getting emotionally battered right good

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker that's not what mayo says? Though numbers are continuing to track up so that's great.

GA is at 30.7% fully vaccinated. I am one of those people :unsmith:

this is a cool site thanks for sharing it

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Sorry goons, sexy nurse Halloween parties are way more dangerous for a number of reasons this year

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I hypothesize that people who have several dead friends by a certain age through whatever causes are desensitized to random inconsequential death to nebulous others such as India or Australia .
think about those at age 23 that have a dozen highschool friends in caskets, from car crashes and ODs and suicide .
They are the ones who don't have time to get vaccinated, and instead want to touch up their tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Crackbone posted:

I’m just exhausted of having to assume everybody I deal with is a dumbshit.

heard that friend. hope you and yours stay safe