Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Forceholy posted:

Gonna be cool and good when masking is de facto banned in about two years

Come again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This tracks with the last time I had the flu (2013). I spent a week feeling like I wanted to die.

I may or may not have also broken my nose by falling in the bathroom. I never got confirmation one way or the other, and to this day I still don't know if I've ever broken a bone.

I get the flu shot every year now, for  some reason.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

When I had covid the only symptoms I had were one day of high fever, diarrhea, and joint pain, followed by three days of diarrhea and joint pain, followed by 5 days of joint pain, and five golden rings.

Are you sure you're not mixing up COVID and "The Twelve Days of Christmas"?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yeah the last part was what’s called hanging a lantern on it, I recognized that my litany of ailments sounded like that song so I added that, as a dumb joke. I had covid, I repeatedly tested positive and had a fever of 103 Fahrenheit. I swear my joints still hurt and it was weeks ago. I also have a cough now, which I did not have before or during my time with covid.

Ah, we shitposted past one another. I am an fool and an oaf.

(In all seriousness, hope you recover - and in full - soon.)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Life finds a way

Thanks, I hate it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Private Cumshoe posted:

Most offal is fine if it's prepared correctly

But if not, it’s something offal.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kestral posted:

People do not understand the difference between a bad cold and the flu. Influenza nearly killed me, and some of the damage inflicted is permanent. That disease does not gently caress around, get your flu shot.

Last time I had the flu was in, like, 2013. I felt like I wanted to die for a whole week.

I've made a point of getting my flu shot every year thereinafter.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I've been wearing N-95 masks everywhere (still) since 2020.

Still haven't had it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DeceasedHorse posted:

Same. caught it on work trip this week, maybe because of some largely unavoidable mask-off time at the airport (thanks TSA). Maybe my boss will take my concerns about work travel seriously now? Hahaha…

The TSA makes you do what??

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:what: ...in full sentences?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I haven't read it because I'm already depressed enough about the state of public health, but there''s The Premonition by Michael Lewis.

The Premonition is really well written. I read it and recommend it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Senor P. posted:

Do we have a long covid thread somewhere?

Or is this it?

this thread's pretty long

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cactus Ghost posted:

is long covid that gif from fyad with the super long cat

Or like the "Do you love the color of the sky?" tumblr post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Funny, I got Novavax this time around. Every mRNA version after the very first shot had me develop a fairly intense reaction (sandbagged in bed for a whole day). The Novavax was on par with the flu shot (i.e. at worst a sore arm).