Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
while we're at it, why was kenny being such a jerk to him anyway :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
The ending really dragged and needed to be pared down some, the last 5 minutes or whatever was just solely MJF and Jericho up top and nothing (that we could see at least) going on in the ring. MJF still throwing Jericho off at the end was great, but they should have just done a wide shot of that if they knew the landing was set up the way it was. That alone would have kept all of the steam going through tot he end.

Overall voted good because there was a lot of really fun stuff in the match, especially Hager's house of fire entrance and everything Sammy did. The ending felt like a bit of a let down but no where near the extent of the exploding barbed wire match. I hope they reupload it to youtube because the PiP also came at terrible times and really screwed up the flow of the match. This is one I would've preferred to see on PPV I guess.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jericho was fingerpoke'd right off the cage, AEW is dead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alaois posted:

Keith Mitchell has like at least 30 years of experience

only a few more years until he is good

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roasted Donut posted:

The ending really dragged and needed to be pared down some, the last 5 minutes or whatever was just solely MJF and Jericho up top and nothing (that we could see at least) going on in the ring. MJF still throwing Jericho off at the end was great, but they should have just done a wide shot of that if they knew the landing was set up the way it was. That alone would have kept all of the steam going through tot he end.

Overall voted good because there was a lot of really fun stuff in the match, especially Hager's house of fire entrance and everything Sammy did. The ending felt like a bit of a let down but no where near the extent of the exploding barbed wire match. I hope they reupload it to youtube because the PiP also came at terrible times and really screwed up the flow of the match. This is one I would've preferred to see on PPV I guess.

now this i can get into

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Funny thing about the ending is I probably would have thought it was lame if a lot of people on here weren't speculating either Sammy or Jericho would quit to save the other.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alaois posted:

you're wondering why Orange Cassidy didn't give Kenny the reaction he was desperately fishing for???

That's a fair point, but it would have been better if Kenny had gotten frustrated by OC not giving a poo poo instead of giving his sunglasses to Nak and swaggering away. I see where your head's at, though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

you're wondering why Orange Cassidy didn't give Kenny the reaction he was desperately fishing for???

Kenny Omega kept getting more and more unhinged while Orange Cassidy had to do zero work. Like this is peak Orange Cassidy trolling a self-serious idiot.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the ending was whatever, at this point I'm just hoping we can put a pin in the inner circle and call it over so P&P can go be the biggest faces in the tag division, Sammy can become the singles star he's destined to be and Hager can go away

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

Kenny Omega kept getting more and more unhinged while Orange Cassidy had to do zero work. Like this is peak Orange Cassidy trolling a self-serious idiot.

he's the Poster's Wrestler

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like how much sammy did to gently caress him self for the team but also surrendered in the moment to save his dad. i liked that instead of disliking it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CombineThresher posted:

I liked this show a lot but I do wonder what the point of Orange not responding to any of Kenny's bullshit was.

Orange Cassidy, a wrestler known the world over for reacting to stuff.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

QT Marshall kicked out a tombstone and crossrhodes back to back lol

QT Owns.

He's no Christian Cage, but QT Marshall has been one of the best characters in AEW since he did the "Cody's Partner" match way back when

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also can I just call back to the Tombstone Reversals spot because I laughed like an idiot at it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CombineThresher posted:

That's a fair point, but it would have been better if Kenny had gotten frustrated by OC not giving a poo poo instead of giving his sunglasses to Nak and swaggering away. I see where your head's at, though.

i think kenny was clearly frustrated by OC in the promo, dude gets more and more animated when someone isn't playing his game

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

also can I just call back to the Tombstone Reversals spot because I laughed like an idiot at it

it was great fun

i can see cody and QT doing it as a drunken bit at a big BBQ

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Roasted Donut posted:

There was definitely some weird pacing in the latter part of the match, the commercials definitely suck, and the final spot could've been better, but none of that made me dislike the match that much, personally. I watched the whole thing then came into the gameday thread totally confused that people were making GBS threads on it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remember when WWF cut a big slit in the top of a car and it ended up being a pretty obvious big Old hole on the car for no reason because they walked on it a little bit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Truth. Also remember if you say the ending shouldn't look so bad you're actually begging for Jericho to dive head first into concrete. Apparently.

Sammy will be a huge star one day.

You're a poo poo stirrer

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

CarlCX posted:

the ending was whatever, at this point I'm just hoping we can put a pin in the inner circle and call it over so P&P can go be the biggest faces in the tag division, Sammy can become the singles star he's destined to be and Hager can go away

Pretty sure AEW has "Breaking up teams" on a list labeled "Sports Entertainment Bullshit"

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

The final stretch wasn't much better on Fite, which is a bigger issue than the bump. In concept everything they did was a good idea but the execution left me totally cold; if MJF bopped Jericho a few more times with the ring Sammy surrendering wouldn't have felt so limp to me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AEW/TNT needs to get someone to sponsor "limited commercial interruption"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked that hole.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cody and QT are my favorites I love them, that match was wonderful

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

why can't heels be more like faces

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

CarlCX posted:

This would be great, though. Miro vs. Sammy for the TNT title gun be gut.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jonny Nox posted:

Pretty sure AEW has "Breaking up teams" on a list labeled "Sports Entertainment Bullshit"

scu's disbanding next week, after losing sky over a month ago

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

the commercials really held the match back for me, honestly. cut it down to 30 minutes commercialless so you can have the wardlow entrance and the ring destruction on camera, and speed up the finish so it flows better and people aren't hanging on the crash pad visual and it'd have been fantastic

too much dead time in the last 10-15 minutes or so

100% agree

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Cavauro posted:

i liked that hole.

That's what he said

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

they just broke up Kip and Miro, SCU are ending their partnership after they lose another match and the longest running storyline in all of AEW is the constant shifting, fracturing and reformation of the Elite

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I gotta admit i was a bit disappointed in that finish, but mostly it was minor stuff piling up. Like Sammy surrendering when it didn't look that dramatic yet, the shots where you could see the unpainted side of the cardboard, the panning of the stage before the drop that tipped us off that it'd be a crashpad. Like just straight up a different camera angle would've fixed it enough for me to love the ending.

Either way the match slapped/10

next week looks insane

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

they just broke up Kip and Miro, SCU are ending their partnership after they lose another match and the longest running storyline in all of AEW is the constant shifting, fracturing and reformation of the Elite

Miro forgave Kip! He just wanted to talk. :)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

i like how much sammy did to gently caress him self for the team but also surrendered in the moment to save his dad. i liked that instead of disliking it

controversial

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
As for positives, I loved that wide shot at the end of a.bloody MJF with the Blood and Guts banner behind him.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MorningMoon posted:

I gotta admit i was a bit disappointed in that finish, but mostly it was minor stuff piling up. Like Sammy surrendering when it didn't look that dramatic yet, the shots where you could see the unpainted side of the cardboard, the panning of the stage before the drop that tipped us off that it'd be a crashpad. Like just straight up a different camera angle would've fixed it enough for me to love the ending.

Either way the match slapped/10

next week looks insane

next week's one of the best advertised cards they've ever had. a little sad there isn't any clear room for a Surprise Debut to happen, but we'll see how all the toxxes from the last thread will go

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

AEW/TNT needs to get someone to sponsor "limited commercial interruption"

Here's the thing, if NXT hadn't moved I bet we get that for the last half hour. But with no NXT there's no reason to do that. Shows like this are here to draw eyeballs, not so that we can all post emojis at 4 PM tomorrow but because they want us to watch commercials. It is less than ideal to watch but it's just the nature of wrestling as TV rights content.

Unless TNT gets to a place where they can compete for #1 on cable and they get obsessed with it like USA did so they'd run commercial free Raws to gimmick their numbers.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
- Opener was fine. Pretty much what I expected. Sets up some good stuff for Double or Nothing.
- Tag eliminator was pretty good. Glad SCU won.
- THA DOCKTAH vs Shida is gonna bang. Very excited for that.
- Omega's promo went a bit long, but I'm still excited for either him and PAC or him and Orange Cassidy. Both are likely to be awesome.
- THE MAN WHO DOESN'T MIND DYING VERSUS THE MAN WHO DOESN'T MIND KILLING HIM

I thought the main event was pretty awesome. Surprising to see so many people down on the ending. I don't really get why. I thought MJF looked awesome covered in blood. Definitely predicted he'd throw Jericho. I guess some folks are upset the bump didn't look as brutal?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Can I just say that I love how the whole company built this whole major event around doing a big thing to get MJF over as a new star?

I know it might be a bit old hat to congratulate AEW for stuff just because WWE has sucked at it for two decades now but it still makes me happy, I am far from numb to it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Nothing wrong with breaking up teams when they've run their course and there's a post plan for them. WWE will break up a team when that show's division only has 3 tag teams, have both wrestle singles matches for 3 weeks, then send them to catering until they're released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember when that guy said cuck on the show?