Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
They didn't need fewer commericals (although that would have helped) they needed to space the spots and transitions with the commericals better. Coming back to Jericho vs mjf on the roof was a wtf moment

Edit match was good on the whole though, fun show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

- Opener was fine. Pretty much what I expected. Sets up some good stuff for Double or Nothing.
- Tag eliminator was pretty good. Glad SCU won.
- THA DOCKTAH vs Shida is gonna bang. Very excited for that.
- Omega's promo went a bit long, but I'm still excited for either him and PAC or him and Orange Cassidy. Both are likely to be awesome.
- THE MAN WHO DOESN'T MIND DYING VERSUS THE MAN WHO DOESN'T MIND KILLING HIM

I thought the main event was pretty awesome. Surprising to see so many people down on the ending. I don't really get why. I thought MJF looked awesome covered in blood. Definitely predicted he'd throw Jericho. I guess some folks are upset the bump didn't look as brutal?

I think most people would have been fine with it as a wide shot (if they used an above the cage angle it would have been cooler) vs the close up where you can see the staging, but I dunno I thought it was pretty cool. Like the Hell in a Cell where the big bump was into a truck full of stuff was wacky but it was still pretty cool.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
durr I'm pretending i don't know the difference between forcibly breaking up a team and moving characters onto new poo poo that they're either down with or proposing themselves

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SonicRulez posted:

- Opener was fine. Pretty much what I expected. Sets up some good stuff for Double or Nothing.
- Omega's promo went a bit long, but I'm still excited for either him and PAC or him and Orange Cassidy. Both are likely to be awesome.

I thought the main event was pretty awesome. Surprising to see so many people down on the ending. I don't really get why. I thought MJF looked awesome covered in blood. Definitely predicted he'd throw Jericho. I guess some folks are upset the bump didn't look as brutal?

I was fine with the bump, but the fact that they didn't even try to paint the bottom of the cardboard took away from it a bit. I still wouldn't want to take that bump though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The ending made sense to me? Both sides give all they have, neither can make the other submit, so MJF takes advantage of their face nature by putting their beloved leader/mentor in danger. (And throws him off the cage anyway.) Also sets up some potential drama with Sammy being the one who surrendered, like he'll probably be down about that and need to prove himself even more.

Both teams look strong, the Pinnacle are established as a big deal without the Inner Circle being really diminished.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Remember when that guy said cuck on the show?

quit making stuff up to cheese me off. I'm badly cheesed

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Shard posted:

You're a poo poo stirrer

Nope. Just echoing what a lot of people said in the GDT. I thought the match was good on the whole

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Max Caster called them the Young Cucks, and I don't know how to accept that.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

flatluigi posted:

next week's one of the best advertised cards they've ever had. a little sad there isn't any clear room for a Surprise Debut to happen, but we'll see how all the toxxes from the last thread will go

drat right we do. Gotta get my butt moving on mine!

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

As for positives, I loved that wide shot at the end of a.bloody MJF with the Blood and Guts banner behind him.

It's the one aspect of wrestling I've missed the most on the national stage. Wrestlers covered in blood is just money, whether standing victorious or defeated or just for a really cool shot like Britt vs. Shida and then vs. Rosa.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Alaois posted:

they just broke up Kip and Miro, SCU are ending their partnership after they lose another match and the longest running storyline in all of AEW is the constant shifting, fracturing and reformation of the Elite

Yeah, I guess. SCU is breaking up because CD is basically done, the Elite is constantly shifting but not going anywhere.

Also, Kip and Miro haven't broken up. Miro forgave Kip.

Anyways I don't see Jericho hanging up his boots for awhile yet, so expect Sammy and PnP to wander around with Gold while still being IC.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SonicRulez posted:

people were mostly upset the crash pad looked too much like a crash pad with painted cardboard on top of it, instead of something more convincing, then some people got mad at those people for thinking it undercut the match enough for the whole thing to be trash, and then that fed into each other a whole bunch more than it should've

it was fine, it could've been better, and i think the commercials hosed the pacing of the match and did more to take away from it than the crash pad being too obvious

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sleep with the vicious posted:

They didn't need fewer commericals (although that would have helped) they needed to space the spots and transitions with the commericals better. Coming back to Jericho vs mjf on the roof was a wtf moment

Good luck doing that with 10 guys and 0 referees. Maybe no ref matches don't mix with live tv.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Huntman posted:

It's the one aspect of wrestling I've missed the most on the national stage. Wrestlers covered in blood is just money, whether standing victorious or defeated or just for a really cool shot like Britt vs. Shida and then vs. Rosa.

The hot crowd was also great. I've missed hot crowds.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Wait did they not have picture in picture going on?

Did they not show MJF escaping from the cage?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pass by this post, like usual or not, but i wanted to see what a couple of the pics i've seen on this page would have looked like together from one person's post.

it's been done, and i'm about to see if i like what it looks like. so go ahead on to the next post now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SLUM KING posted:

Wait did they not have picture in picture going on?

Did they not show MJF escaping from the cage?

they did have Picture in Picture and they did show MJF escape the cage and start climbing

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

The ending made sense to me? Both sides give all they have, neither can make the other submit, so MJF takes advantage of their face nature by putting their beloved leader/mentor in danger. (And throws him off the cage anyway.) Also sets up some potential drama with Sammy being the one who surrendered, like he'll probably be down about that and need to prove himself even more.

Both teams look strong, the Pinnacle are established as a big deal without the Inner Circle being really diminished.

simple, Sammy should have taken more time to surrender and MJF should have taken less time to toss Jericho.

It would have worked better if Sammy had been all bluster until Jericho has a foot hanging over the edge of the cage, and MJF just unthinking tossed Jericho the second the bell rang.

I love the ending they tried. Don't know if it landed.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Yep. It adds such a huge amount to the show. Looking forward to how loud that place will be for DoN.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like if Sammy had chased Max up and they brawled a bit and Max had him beat after the ring punch and Max held Sammy hostage and CHRIS surrendered that would have been a better ending, and directly established Max vs Sammy blood feud for the next decade

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The hostage situation with the shove after is great, it just had the wrong participants

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Double or Nothing is gonna be crazy. I wonder if they'll start letting in more people for live shows after Double or Nothing or if we'll get more live weekly shows post-DoN.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is Cage just not getting his title shot?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

E: im dumb, ignore

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sleep with the vicious posted:

Showing Jericho slowly climbing the cage in PIP was fine with me. Cutting back to the ring destroyed was a big WTF

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

smarxist posted:

I feel like if Sammy had chased Max up and they brawled a bit and Max had him beat after the ring punch and Max held Sammy hostage and CHRIS surrendered that would have been a better ending, and directly established Max vs Sammy blood feud for the next decade

Yes.

But, I feel like AEW wants to frame this particular story as MJF and Jericho with their families so the finish is MJF and Jericho because they are the protaganists in this story.

but yeah, they could have done the Vengeful Dad story after that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

smarxist posted:

the inevitable end to this feud is the inner circle finally breaking up, and having jericho sacrifice the match to save sammy reinforces the group instead

when jericho's back on tv he's going to blow up at sammy and insist he would've been fine, and i think mjf's going to stoke that fire by drawing parallels to himself and throwing in the towel on cody

El Gallinero Gros posted:

cassidy and pac are #1 and #2 in the rankings after hangman lost; hangman dropped hard but it didn't shoot brian cage up past those two

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Might not be a bad use to write Jericho off for a bit and maybe Inner Circle splinters from that

but then again I used to think Inner Circle was going to implode every other week so idk

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
next week is going to be loving insane

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Brian Cage? Just because he beat the number one contender doesn't make him the number one contender. I think he moved up to three in the rankings

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hopefully that guy debuts for aew next week. Don't know why it wasn't tonight. maybe too embarrassed to go out there with the cardboard

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

smarxist posted:

Tony is starting to get that early 2020 fire again!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blue Justice

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

I have high expectations for Miro v. Allin. A man who knows no fear vs. Man's Fears Personified.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Alaois posted:

Blue Justice

:hai:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

hopefully that guy debuts for aew next week. Don't know why it wasn't tonight. maybe too embarrassed to go out there with the cardboard

"Jesus Christ what kind of mickey mouse operation have i signed on to?! Can we get out of this?!"

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Cavauro posted:

he didn't want bully max caster to bully him on national tv

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As for positives, I loved that wide shot at the end of a.bloody MJF with the Blood and Guts banner behind him.

Yeah that was incredible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

okay hear me out: what if, instead of a crash pad, MJF put Jericho in a barrel that was on top of the cage for some reason and then pushed him off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

in their partnership with Warner Brothers and Mortal Kombat, MJF should have froze Jericho and pushed him onto the concrete to shatter into a billion pieces