Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joke: NXT was dragging down AEW's numbers by being on the same night.
Woke: AEW was inflating NXT's numbers by giving people something to switch to during commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

explosivo posted:

Is Cody's "big announcement" tonight definitely about his opponent at DON? All the promos I've seen have just said "Cody makes an announcement" :geno:

I feel like they’ve been framed as being about his plans for DoN.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
The image is him in front of a Double or Nothing background, so it's probably about his reality TV show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He's going to announce he's giving his timeslot at DoN to the QT vs Dustin bullrope match! What a guy

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

He's going to announce he's giving his timeslot at DoN to the QT vs Dustin bullrope match! What a guy

P sure the build is leading to Comoroto vs. Dustin in a bullrope match.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1392564575061557248
I know everybody knows this and it's been said before but it rules how much AEW loves hyping up each week's show ahead of time so you know what to look forward to. It's the kind of thing that I never truly realized how bad WWE was at that poo poo until AEW came along and actually gives you things to get excited about each week. I guess WWE literally cannot do this because they're often writing their shows the day/night of the show.
I feel like that's because before the arrival of AEW, WWE coasted on its reputation as the "only" major North American promotion for the longest time and always counted on fans to tune in no matter, and they don't know how to break that cycle for some dumb reason.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

My favourite cat died of aggressive lymphoma on Sunday. She only started to show symptoms last Thursday, and I've spent almost every moment since then either worrying about her or being sad that she's gone.

AEW can't fix this but I do look forward to being distracted for two hours.

She was such a good cat. :smith:

Lost my cat four years ago and felt like absolute poo poo. She was 15 and every day I came from work she asked for a hug and rested her head on my shoulder. Condolences and hope Miro murderingforgiving Darby cheers you out.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT MY DUDES!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1392564575061557248
I know everybody knows this and it's been said before but it rules how much AEW loves hyping up each week's show ahead of time so you know what to look forward to. It's the kind of thing that I never truly realized how bad WWE was at that poo poo until AEW came along and actually gives you things to get excited about each week. I guess WWE literally cannot do this because they're often writing their shows the day/night of the show.

Hell WWE will advertise matches that just don't happen

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtOS23ncag

The IWA Midsouth story at the end of this video is hilarious.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

P sure the build is leading to Comoroto vs. Dustin in a bullrope match.

Him too! What a nice guy cody is!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
feels like Skeggo My Eggo is trending tweener at a pretty good clip

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I love the Varsity Blonds and their cheesy GnR knockoff theme

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

explosivo posted:

nxt kinda does it sometimes. the other two absolutely do not. maybe one never more than 2 in advance

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I feel like that's because before the arrival of AEW, WWE coasted on its reputation as the "only" major North American promotion for the longest time and always counted on fans to tune in no matter, and they don't know how to break that cycle for some dumb reason.

they don't know how to change? WWE straight up doesn't need to change, there's no monetary reason given the deals they are on. We're in the content era now, where a strong brand from the 20th century before media fragmentation is worth its weight in gold.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

is pepsi ok posted:

I love the Varsity Blonds and their cheesy GnR knockoff theme

On Dark they had Julia Hart come out as their cheerleader and came to the ring in letterman jackets and it was absolutely perfect.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I was into Varsity Blondes until I found out that Pillman Jr never had the makings of a Varsity athlete, and was instead a vile thing, a gamer.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm sorry your immersion was broken like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was into Varsity Blondes until I found out that Pillman Jr never had the makings of a Varsity athlete, and was instead a vile thing, a gamer.

The Weeaboo Blondes doesn't have the same ring to it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat My Fuc posted:

stolen letter jacket valor

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Once again, Kong: Skull Island is on TNT. It's not a bad thing just big monkey.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Rarity posted:

the bishounen blondes

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Live Critical Botch will probably be hilarious.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Watched Sammy's Vlog yesterday, realized I hadn't watched BTE. Watching it now. Something is really funny to me that Stu's reaction to losing his mind, confirming it with Cutler, is "That's not good. That's not good!"

edit: "I didn't like this BIT, this is a BAD BIT"

dromal phrenia fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 12, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

Also Kenny's got other feuds going on right.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

pretty sure im going to jacksonville for the friday/saturday/sunday aew festivities because i absolutely cannot help myself and i need to celebrate full vaccination somehow

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Source: Fightful Select. Pay 'em 5 bucks! Do you like Shawn Dean? Then go give Fightful 5 bucks.

one of the highlights of sammy's vlog is watching shawn dean just turbofucking every extra and bullying them when they try to act like they're still friends with him

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sadly he's also complicit in the vanishing of the BTE Belt into the void of Sammy's vlog.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the true show is tomorrow: number

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Pylons posted:

AEW relics, huh? pretty rude to refer to Sting that way!!!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

They should merge with Janella & Sonny, go all synthwave and come out to Kavinsky.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtOS23ncag

The IWA Midsouth story at the end of this video is hilarious.

"Eager To Wrestle" Ethan Page is a great gimmick

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's not confidence, it's all eagerness.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All Eager Ethan Page

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

the true show is tomorrow: number

numbers are prisons depart from number

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gonna do my first :toxx:

A week's probation for my silly rear end if Miro doesn't snap up the title tonight

which will be good for PSP as I will be losing my mind and gettin' Big Mad about it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
huh, julia hart's 19

does that make her the youngest wrestler to appear on aew

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

huh, julia hart's 19

Tied with Dante Martin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what was ben carters age?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

flatluigi posted:

huh, julia hart's 19

Aren’t top flight super young? I don’t know which one is the younger.

E:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

what was ben carters age?