Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A couple of days ago I made chicken hearts and vegetables in black bean sauce:

Today I just reheated some leftover pasta:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Had an extremely disappointing kebab for dinner tonight. If they don't ask what kind of sauce you want, you'd assume garlic, right? This place apparently doesn't give you any sauce unless you specify it as an add-on. And they put chicken salt on the chips without asking. :pastryno:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Jaxts posted:

Curry night

:same:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pasta!

With tomato, chilli and lamb.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

nexous posted:

Homemade pollo fundido

Idk if it’s regional. chicken chimichanga covered in jalapeño cream sauce

Why is it upside-down?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Fried onions and rice
    with soy and spice
    ate with some leftover chicken

Where's the second half of the poem?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I ate it at 17:30 so you might not count it as dinner, but what does time even mean in covid lockdown?

Mushrooms, cabbage, kale, carrot, broccoli stems. Cooked the mushrooms then took them off the heat and mixed through the vegetables.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

I'm a big "eat with your eyes" kind of person and, let me tell you, that plate is making my freaking mouth water. So colorful!!!

That's why I always get red cabbage instead of green. Can't tell the difference by taste or texture (I'm not sure there even is a difference) but it looks much more interesting.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Chicken sandwich with avocado, onion, sundried tomatoes, rocket, and baby spinach, in Turkish bread.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i thought bechamel doesn't have cheese?

Correct. Once you add cheese it's Mornay.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Years ago there was a TV show called Fat Pizza. The titular pizza place had the slogan "Fat Pizza pizzas: they're big and they're cheesy." There's a pizza place near where I live that always makes me think of that slogan, and they're great for when you want some good low-quality pizza. Because they're big and they're cheesy.

I've been feeling really tired the last couple of days (despite sleeping over 8 hours each night) and I've got a bit of a runny nose, a mild headache, and slightly sore muscles (probably from exercise, but you never know). So I went out and got my covid test and then couldn't be bothered making any kind of effort. So even though I had a (really good) pizza on Friday, I decided to get one of these today. Because they're big and they're cheesy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Cheese kransky and salad in bread (x3).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I just had a ham, avocado and onion sandwich cooked in a frying pan, with mayonnaise on the outside. Thought about adding some cheese; decided against it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I ordered Afghan takeaway. Was supposed to be a lamb shank with red berries, rice, salad, dip and bread. There were no berries or dip, and the "salad" was about four pieces of lettuce, a lemon wedge and a chunk of cucumber. The lamb and rice was extremely nice and there was more than enough of it for a very filling meal, but I am wondering what happened to the berries. And I would have liked an actual salad of some kind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The supermarket was closed due to covid so I couldn't get the food I wanted to cook (lamb and potatoes). Instead, I ordered what turned out to be the worst kebab I've ever eaten. An absolute culinary tragedy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

The supermarket was closed due to covid so I couldn't get the food I wanted to cook (lamb and potatoes).
Acquired lamb and potatoes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Galewolf posted:

I feel you, I got conned into trying out a hipster kebab place, with inexplicably attractive and hip waiters, open plan kitchen and warm yellow lighting.

They served a ~*fusion*~ Adana kebab from Welsh lamb mince and served with pickled onions and garnished with micro greens.

I had to eat a proper kebab cooked in a proper coal ocakbasi by a guy wearing a white t-shirt after dropping my ex to her house.
A kebab so bad it caused the breakdown of a relationship.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Carrots, beetroot, onion and bacon.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I made pasta. It's too good. I can't stop eating it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is that tomato paste(?) in a yogurt cup? I've never seen that before.

It's just one of the ways tomato paste is packaged. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

adeadcrab posted:

AKA the best way

I generally prefer the cans.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This sandwich had too many things in it. But it was good though.

Carrot, cabbage, tomato, avocado, cheese, bacon, burger, egg, mustard.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 11, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I made some con carne for my parents the other day and I put a couple of birdseye chillies in it, which is what I'd normally use, and for some reason they just disappeared. No trace at all. The chunks of chilli were still there, obviously but no flavour or heat. My parents had some chilli-infused oil in their fridge so I added some of that and it vanished as well. No impact at all on the end result.

But yeah, I put kidney, pinto and black beans in it and (aside from the bizarre disappearance of all trace of chilli) it was very nice. We ate it with rice and corn chips.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It was a very pleasant, sunny day so I went for a bike ride, bought some kopikos and then came home and ordered a pizza and drank beer.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I made a sandwich with cheese; apple; radish; onion; chilli and garlic sauce; and mayonnaise. It was extremely good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I cooked some potato gems, then poured baked beans and chilli sauce on top of them, covered them in cheese, and put them back in the oven for a bit. Pretty good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I bought some "cauliflower and broccoli rice" from the supermarket because it was marked down due to reaching its sell-by date. It smelled of farts. I cooked and ate it anyway, but it was real bad. I mixed soy sauce, chilli oil, hot sauce and chilli jam into it to try to disguise the flavour. It sort of worked. Not really.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

A win today from the "marked down" section of the supermarket: turkey burgers.

With alfalfa sprouts, cheese, carrot, cabbage, and chilli & garlic sauce.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pork fillets with carrot and zucchini.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

There were cheap prawns and tomatoes at the supermarket.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I looked up some peanut sauce recipes but ended up just making up my own. Peanut butter, dark soy sauce, curry oil paste, and a couple of chopped chillies. Served with rice, diced kangaroo, sesame seeds and spring onions. Extremely good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I cooked some frozen chicken tenders, then put kimchi and cheese on top and put them back in the oven to melt the cheese.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My brain isn't putting together how that works
:same:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sausages, cheese, tomato, and egg on sourdough.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Moved house a week ago and I've already found my new go-to pizza place:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

all💔⌚🤎😆 right ill bite. what's going on in there

Just what you can see, really? Ham, salami, bacon, mushroom, capsicums, onion, pineapple, olives. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I couldn't figure it out either. Is that really fatty bacon?
The big pieces of bacon? They're bacon. It's kind of unusual to have such large pieces like that, but bacon is a pretty normal pizza topping, right? And otherwise the list of toppings is pretty unremarkable for a supreme? Often you'll only get ham or bacon rather than both. Sometimes you'll get prawns and/or anchovies. Sometimes you don't get pineapple. But it's just a supreme. Pretty good one too. :confused: