Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
No pictures but I made a cold salad out of some chinese noodles, broccoli rabe, spinach, onions and some peppers coated in a vinegarette made from orange juice, ginger, rice vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, grapeseed oil and a dried chile. poo poo was, frankly, off the gad damned chain. The broccoli rabe and spinach were fresh from my garden too making them even more delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wendigee posted:

Titties with a side of rear end

What did you make the titties out of?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Let's see, rice with some stir fried vegetables in a tasty sauce, some sliced cucumbers I quick pickled earlier in the day, hard boiled eggs and black and white sesame seeds. It was seriously good. My sauce was freaking amazing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Costco brand hotdog topped with kimchi, red onion, and gochujang. It was pretty good for a high-falutin' fancy dog.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Roasted a tasty chicken and made a noodly side with peppers, red onions, and a vinaigrette made of coconut milk, fish sauce, rice vinegar, agave, the goo from cooking off the veg and some grapeseed oil. It was good. We almost never eat meat so it was a nice treat.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My chicken from last night was turned into a stock. Left the garlic and lemons it was stuffed with in it while it boiled. Even had some saved up mushroom stalks to toss in. Cooled it, pulled off the fat then heated it back up. Harvested up a bunch of broccoli rabe chopped it and cooked it into a nice soup. Served that over noodles and had a side of quick marinated pan fried tofu. Extra firm.

I am like some kind of god of cooking. No mere mortal can cook like this.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wendigee posted:

I threw up in my mouth buddy. What the gently caress. Chicken Tinder was not mentioned once in your post

I'm not allowed to use chicken tinder anymore...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My little kiddo is sick and wouldn't eat anything all day so we basically bribed him with McDonalds tonight. Not good, but satisfying to see my kid put down a few calories.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Rice bowls tonight. Started a pot with some garlic, coffee, and dried red pepper. Let that get really smelly then tossed in like 5 chicken thighs. Cooked those for a bit then poured over some tomatoes we canned up last year and about a quarter cup of veg stock. While the chicken poached I made up some rice with my secret rice ingredient: tomato and chicken bouillon and a bay leaf. Got my beans drained and tossed in a pan with some garlic, salted butter, a little stock and a pinch of coffee
Cooked those until the butter and stock made a nice little sauce. Took the cooking liquid from the chicken pot and slapped that through the blender. Shredded the chicken and mixed it up with that sauce and reserved a little sauce for serving. Rice on the bottom, beans in the middle, chicken on top. Sauce and finished with a little queso fresco.

Oh my God, goons. It was so loving good.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 22, 2021

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

if you think im gonna spend even 2 seconds verifying something to not look like a moron in public then you got another thing coming

Like that lady who wrote that book!!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

listen, somewhere, someone has pre measured out a small bowl of red pepper flakes and it's that person that deserves scorn here ok

*hides small bowl of dried rep pepper flakes*

:sweatdrop:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Cilantro....paste???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I need a tube of this.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Cilantro never goes bad in my house as basically all I cook is Mexican and SE asian food. I just want to squeeze that green slime right into my maw.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

i wanna kiss cilantro on the mouth and let its soapy delights clean away my sins

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, tonight was marinated chicken thighs and fancy looking noodle salad. So I marinated some chicken thighs in gochujang, fish sauce, soy sauce and orange juice. While that sat I thinly thinly sliced some onions and red peppers. I cooked those in a hot pan started with ginger, garlic, and dried red pepper until they was all floppy then added soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Cooked for a minute to melt everything together and set them aside. Started up water and cooked up some Chinese noodles we buy in bulk from the restaurant supply. Got my non-stick tearing rear end hot and slapped the chicken thighs in skin side down with the rest of the contents of the marinade bag until the skin was good and browned. Flipped them and put them in a 500 degree oven.

Dressing for the salad was a vinaigrette made from tangerine juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, agave nectar, and the tiniest bit of sesame oil emulsified up with grapeseed oil. Took the cooked and cooled veggies mixed them up with the drained noodles poured over the vinaigrette and added a handful of white and a handful of black sesame seeds.

I'm like cooking on a different plane of reality. This is what 4th dimensional cooking must be like.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
C-c-c-chili Dawgs.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
BLT is a master level sandwich if done correctly.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Breakfast scramble.

What?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

what you got in there? spring for all the goodies? veggies? all weather mats? taters???

Just some finely chopped onion and pepper and bit of bacon. Simple and tasty. :frogbon:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
BLTs made with some yummy lettuce we picked from the garden. Cooked the bacon in the oven on a rack and let me tell you if you haven't tried cooking bacon in the oven for a BLT what are you even doing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
We (my wife since I am second dose covid vax sick) harvested up our remaining spinach for the year and made up a huge batch of pesto for freezing. Spinach, parmesan, walnut, garlic, lemon juice and grapeseed oil. We ate that bad rear end poo poo on the twirliest of pastas: Rotini.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I just made a giant simple salad: romaine, shredded carrots, shaved red onion, parm, my own red wine vinaigrette

would have included some rotisserie chicken but the store was out :argh:

You go back and DEMAND they put a bird on a spit for you.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tell them you'll take a seagull.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
A delicious noodle dish but gently caress that. The wife made cookies.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
We're not there yet but I'm getting ready to break down a chicken for a full day marinade in yogurt, lemon, and cucumber. My dinner will be better than yours.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Boooooooooooooooooooooooorittooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Chili without beans makes me sad. It's like the flaccid penis of chili.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
It's that time again for potatoes from the garden. Dinner was some fingerling potatoes split in half and cooked in cream until slightly softened, removed from the cream and seasoned, then pan fried flat side down until carmelized. They were served with fried eggs and a dusting of fresh herbs.

Extremely simple, extremely delicious.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tofacos with a summery potato salad.

Tofacos were tofu grated on the box grater and cooked with genero taco seasoning, queso fresco, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and salsa verde. First time trying this tofu grating business and it worked seriously loving brilliantly.

Potato salad was all about inspiration from the garden. Fingerling potatoes, some peppers I roasted on my camp stove, some green onions and radish greens all dressed with a tiny bit of mayo, lemon juice, watermelon jelly and fish sauce because who would eat a food without glutamates????

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Bloop posted:

When still on cob, corn fucks you

Country girls make do, Bloop.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tiggum posted:

I ate it at 17:30 so you might not count it as dinner, but what does time even mean in covid lockdown?

Mushrooms, cabbage, kale, carrot, broccoli stems. Cooked the mushrooms then took them off the heat and mixed through the vegetables.

I'm a big "eat with your eyes" kind of person and, let me tell you, that plate is making my freaking mouth water. So colorful!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Bloop posted:

I ate leftover pizza

It was still hella good

Dinner twinsies.

:wotwot:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

last night I made smoked sausage and shrimp jambalaya

tonight is going to be salmon teriyaki with broccolini and rice

...I want these things

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Colonel Cancer posted:

Reheated marinated pineapple tofu, garlic trout and assorted vegetables

I'm confused but also interested.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

have any of you ever had salmon salad? Like, canned salmon + mayonnaise style as if it were tuna. I haven't ever used canned salmon but maybe that'd be good. with a SHITLOAD of dill, natch.

This is one of those things that conceptually sounds great but, goonmod, it is not. Oh god the texture of canned salmon is not that of it's delicious shelf-mate tuna. DON'T DO IT MAN.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tofacos. :hai:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Stewed a whole chicken in coconut milk, whole tomatoes, dried chilies, jalapenos, ginger and garlic. Pulled out the chicken to serve and put the coconut milk mixture through the blender. Cut up some potatoes and green beans from the garden and tossed them into the curry to cook until tender but not cooked to gently caress. Served it over some basmati rice.

God it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

His Divine Shadow posted:

Best way pictured below.

Confusing this for my toothpaste was a surprisingly delicious mistake.