Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Wait, the zombies also live in a society :psyduck:

Lol, I love Snyder so I'm definitely checking this out, even though I'm not too hot on his Dawn and am generally tired of zombie stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

They definitely seem more like ghouls than "proper" zombies in the trailer

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There is literally no evidence that Snyder is pro-life beyond the bad faith ravings of the stupidist people on the Internet.

He just told Sarah Polley he supported a women's right to choose as a trick you see

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

He misspent his goodwill tokens, the fool

He could have invested them at the clout bank, now his reputation is in tatters I bet

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its Chocolate posted:

I dunno. I just thought it was funny that there was such a turn. I dunno why people are talking about it in these weird gamified terms

You're the one who brought it up! But yeah it is a weird term in this context because Snyder doesn't need goodwill from fans (nerds or general audiences) to make movies - all he needs are financiers, even meddlesome ones

Even if Army ends up being a "flop" in terms of profit + favorable reviews, he's made several those before and it doesn't seem to matter much.

"Goodwill" is obviously extremely relative, as well as unimportant. Like there was apparently a big film twitter meltdown about him liking Kurosawa, with some people honestly concluding that one of the greatest movie directors of all time is bad now! Clearly the snydercut goodwill didn't reach them lol

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Does Netflix still count someone who watched the first five minutes and someone who watched the whole thing the same way

I remember when they also said this about Bright lol

Bright owns

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

This just proves that liking battle angel alita is a gateway drug

Could be but I haven't seen that

My gateway drug "bad movie that's actually great" was probably something way older, like Enemy Mine or Repo Man or something

I don't really remember that first high, that's why I'm still chasing it

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Enemy Mine is a masterpiece you hog

Unironic agree

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Thats nothing.

Dirty Dancing Havana Nights binches

Nah, that's one is actually just bad. OG dirty dancing is good tho

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

TBF about as many people live in Las Vegas as have died from covid-19 in the US.

:wow:

Coincidence??! Not likely! Think about it people; if Snyder is so op that his innocuous statements are capable of warping reality enough that Akira Kurosawa is now a bad director, how do we know he isn't capable of manufacturing a virus? It's awfully convenient that there's a global pandemic going when he releases a zombie movie . . .

I'm just asking questions please get woke to the king of covid19

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Finally caught this, it was really fun! Not sure where I'll rate it in his filmography, I liked it a lot more than his previous zombie movie.

Loved the dried out and hibernating zombies, and the ghouls of course! Time to back thread and read the tactical complaints/spoilers lol

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I mean op literally said the movie made his stomach hurt

You can't make this stuff up

Re: coyote probably got torn limb from limb, as opposed to being eaten or turned. Zeus is angry, but he behaves way less 'rapey' than his mythological namesake

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 8, 2021

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

There's an argument to be made with the captured women the ghouls keep, but Zeus isn't threatening Coyote because he's evil and horny, he's killing her in an act of revenge

Edit: wait, he does impale her with a thunderbolt . . .

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yo folks in the rush to dump on me I guess everyone failed to realize that I said the movie didn't make my stomach hurt, but whatever.

I'm sure Zack Snyder explicitly jacked a single shot in the Zeus + Coyote scene from Alien 3 and so I'm sure he wasn't going for rapey vibes or whatever, even though the alien in the Alien series is basically a walking metaphor for rape and so on. But the alien isn't a dude whose wife just got killed and who explicitly is very bummed out about having unsuccessfully attempted to reproduce with said wife. And the alien didn't literally just penetrate Ripley, whereas Zeus literally penetrated Coyote 5 seconds earlier. And the movie doesn't then have the alien leave Ripley alone, alive and unbitten, despite having killed or bitten every other human it has met, whereas that's what Zeus did. I'm sorry I said bad things about the latest Snyder movie and I'll accept another six pages of beating up on me if that's what people want but I think maybe there are better things to do with one's time. I do think it's kind of weird that Snyder elicits this sort of discourse more than other people but maybe that's not on his movies at all.

I apologize for my joke, I didn't realize that was a load-bearing "almost"

Edit: Snyder elicits this response because he is the king of rape, whereas Ridley Scott is a mere archduke

DeimosRising posted:

Wait isn’t that exactly what it does in that scene

Yup. And as has been pointed out, xenomorphs aren't just rape monsters, but also insects and dinosaurs and dragons and colonial rebels -a good reading really needs to address the context!

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 8, 2021

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

They're ghouls dammit, not zombies

Why shouldn't they dance

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Cafe Barbarian posted:

When they first saw the tiger, the Coyote explained that it's one of Siegfried and Roy's, and it 'guards the edge of their territory', they meaning the alphas. But in the moment I thought she meant that undead Siegfried and Roy control part of vegas and have zombi tigers patrolling, perhaps to prevent encroachment from the Blue Man or Penn and Teller tribes.

I have been wondering about the radios in the movie. They did have radios because Bautista called Notaro for updates on the helicopter sometimes, but then I feel like there were several other situations, for instance Chambers getting separated, where a radio call would have been a good idea.

More undead factions would have been great, maybe the sequels will have some!

I don't remember if everyone had radios, but it wouldn't have helped in the sleeper maze - the noise would have risked waking them up, and once they were awake there's no time or point in trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

The United States posted:

Why is he the director now

He broke into the safe and stole the script