Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I wanted this game so bad

they had an arcade cabinet at Straw Hat Pizza but we didn't have any quarters so I didn't get to play and I was obsessed with going back and playing it
I'd already decided the dude with the huge axe would be my guy, dunno why
but by the time we went back, it'd been replaced with a Crazy Taxi cabinet controlled with a joystick (?)

when I found out it was ported to n64, I looked in every funcoland / electronics boutique / babbage's / software etc, but they never had it
eventually n64 games started disappearing from stores
huge time gap
suddenly remember my childhood obsession. look it up... immediately lose interest

although I now have a sneaking suspicion what it was that drew me to the dude with the axe
:thunk::gaysper:

on the flipside, I had a similar experience with Zombie Revenge, except I actually did play it when I grew up, and that game is off the loving hook
it sucks, but it kicks so much rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the n64 is cool because the exclusives like mario 64 and ocarina of time and beetle adventure racing give you the impression that it might be a legitimate system but then every single game that was also on the playstation or pc is absolute complete rear end compared to the real version and you realize what a terrible joke the whole thing is

I was an n64 kid and I didn't find out until my late 20's that you were supposed to be able to watch the tapes in tony hawk

my roommate was so pissed off she left the room to buy a copy of the playstation version on ebay

Cubone
May 26, 2011

this was a great game for couch co-op because KURT ANGLE JUST GRABBED the commentary was so badly programmed that it was basically just good ol' J.R. screaming random sentence fragments during THE TWISTY ROCKETS! your conversations

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I remember when Ash caught his raytheon

Cubone
May 26, 2011

simpsons road rage is one of the only games I've ever sold

not because I hated it, I just played it to death and didn't feel like I'd ever want to play it again

I got about $6 for it and used that to buy Jet Set Radio Future for about $2
the clerk looked at me like I was out of my mind when I told him what I wanted. I hope he looks back on that day and realizes he was in the presence of a game purchasing genius