Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you wear shoes in your own home?
Yes
No
I wear Sketchers by Goku™
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this thread is for scientific discovery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Yes I do. I'm wearing some right now.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm homeless

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Socks yes, shoes no

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I am protected

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I voted no because usually I don't but sometimes I guess I do? Am I in trouble now?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Nah man that’s grimey

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there are probably some sick fuckers out there that roll out of bed directly in to shoes. makes me sick just thinking about it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jesus loving Christ OP how did you not list Hulk Hogan's Meat Shoes as an option?!
What the gently caress am I paying you people for? HMM? THIS TRASH?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
do sandals count

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

If you wear shoes in your house, sorry, but I'm going to call a professional to get you the help you desperately need.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I do because my shoes are so comfy I forget to take them off when I get inside, but my wife yells at me and then I take them off. loving bitch always trying to control me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah sorry I’m in and out all day long. I do take em off once I’m done for the day though. We also have three dogs and a kid so carpets were out long ago. Quick sweep daily and vacuum twice a week.

I only know one person who is a shoe-taker off and we follow the rules when we visit her place though.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
How am I supposed to take my pants off when I get home if my shoes are still on??

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
actually that's none of yr business. what i wear on my feet in my home is MY BUSINESS

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah sorry I’m in and out all day long. I do take em off once I’m done for the day though. We also have three dogs and a kid so carpets were out long ago. Quick sweep daily and vacuum twice a week.

I only know one person who is a shoe-taker off and we follow the rules when we visit her place though.

to be clear here im not talking about having a rule about shoes being off, i just mean is it the default if you're going to be around the house for a while. i don't think it's weird to leave them on when you know you have to leave again in a bit or whatever. and i never force people to take them off in my house (no carpet so who cares)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I take my shoes OFF in ANY home which is why I've been BANNED from my CHURCH since it IS after all The LORDS house.
Apparently my bare feet were 'distracting' and 'disgusting' and 'making Ms. Wilson ill'. Whatever. Just. WHATEVER St. Michael's Catholic Church I'll play your little 'game'.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I lost my legs in a horrific accident. bet you feel pretty bad now, huh?

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
This is the first poll I've not voted for Goku because it's so important.

We take our shoes off in the house and bust out comfy-rear end slippers.

People who wear shoes inside the house have an illogical amount of faith in their fellow man. I don't trust anyone to not have just peed or shat on the ground when I leave my house.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I always have my shoes on because you never know when that phone call is going to come.

Like I pick it up when I'm wearing slippers or just socks and I hear "SUUUUURRRRRGE!" and like gently caress man now what I'm wasting time here!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

STABASS posted:

I lost my legs in a horrific accident. bet you feel pretty bad now, huh?

then what's with the fun shoe buddy?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

I take my shoes OFF in ANY home which is why I've been BANNED from my CHURCH since it IS after all The LORDS house.
Apparently my bare feet were 'distracting' and 'disgusting' and 'making Ms. Wilson ill'. Whatever. Just. WHATEVER St. Michael's Catholic Church I'll play your little 'game'.

gently caress Ms. Wilson. Barefoot is Legal.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I always have my shoes on because you never know when that phone call is going to come.

Like I pick it up when I'm wearing slippers or just socks and I hear "SUUUUURRRRRGE!" and like gently caress man now what I'm wasting time here!

what is surge? are you like a professional water bailer or something?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Yeah because the house I’m in rn is pretty disgusting and we have a nasty dog that drools and barfs because she’s old and then the smaller chihuahua does the butt scooting thing. Shoes off in my room though because I don’t let any people or dirty animals in.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
A friend I play counterstrike with wear his shoes all the time and once he found out how much the rest of us hated it he started routinely telling us he was ready to play, shoes on, let's go

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

My house doesn't have a floor.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No, I have carpet so shoes off.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 14, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

to be clear here im not talking about having a rule about shoes being off, i just mean is it the default if you're going to be around the house for a while. i don't think it's weird to leave them on when you know you have to leave again in a bit or whatever. and i never force people to take them off in my house (no carpet so who cares)

Oh. Yeah if I’m gonna be chillin for a while I’ll put on slippers or a pair of indoor sandals. Our kid takes his shoes on and off whenever he goes in/out and my partner wears slippers unless she’s going out. Honestly for me it’s more of a comfort thing because I’ve had hosed up feet since birth and shoes provide structure and support.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I don't typically wear shoes in the house but I voted yes because I don't mind it either. It's not a "Shoes are too gross to step on my floor" thing it's a "I'd rather just not wear shoes" thing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i sleep in my shoes

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

No! Shoes are designed to be easy to put on and take off so it's no big deal to leave them by the door in order to have a cleaner house. If you've ever hopped shoes on into a bed with a non-US person (for whatever reason) you'll learn real quick how gross your idiot county's customs are. I did :sweatdrop:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Laopooh posted:

If you've ever hopped shoes on into a bed with a non-US person (for whatever reason) you'll learn real quick how gross your idiot county's customs are. I did :sweatdrop:

what

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aardvark! posted:

there are probably some sick fuckers out there that roll out of bed directly in to shoes. makes me sick just thinking about it

You take you’re shoes off to go to bed? :thunk:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Laopooh posted:

No! Shoes are designed to be easy to put on and take off so it's no big deal to leave them by the door in order to have a cleaner house. If you've ever hopped shoes on into a bed with a non-US person (for whatever reason) you'll learn real quick how gross your idiot county's customs are. I did :sweatdrop:

Even I take them off before getting into bed.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there's nothing wrong with coming home from work and flopping onto bed face down without undressing at all. the shoes should hang off the end though

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I think the real heathens are the ones who sleep in socks.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

vibram five fingers + daisy duke cutoffs 24/7

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I work from home, so I have a pair of indoor-only shoes with custom orthotics. Anyone working from home should be wearing shoes during the day because going barefoot all the time is just hard on your feet and can cause all sorts of problems. Take care of your feet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Shoes never on, underwear rare
Hell I don't get properly dressed hardly ever now