Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you wear shoes in your own home?
Yes
No
I wear Sketchers by Goku™
View Results

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys don’t have Bed Boots (tm)? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

well rules are different when you live in a 1960s sanitarium

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Okay I'm going to be nice here I'm not judging

But wtf

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My home has a floor so no, of course not

I always thought people wore shoes at home only on television sitcoms as a joke. That's why the audience whoops like monkeys when someone enters the room "OH YES OH MY GOD HE'S DOING THE SHOES AT HOME GAG AGAIN WOOT WOOT WOOT"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Spinz posted:

Okay I'm going to be nice here I'm not judging

But wtf

Dolphins, spins. Their semi aquatic ways are not like ours.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Also to be honest if I had carpet instead of tile throughout the house I'd probably take them on and off as I go in an out. But with tile it doesn't matter too much, and with kids and dog the floor is gonna be dirty all the time. Couldn't imagine having carpet and trying to keep it clean.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Even I take them off before getting into bed.

Oh god, I know I know. But when I was a kid that's what the people I knew did when getting into a hotel or something. I didn't know it was weird until doing the same when living in a non-US country.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

My feet start to break if I'm not wearing shoes for five minutes, so I wear 'em at home and at other people's homes.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
When I get home from work I put on wooden shoes. I live in an apartment and I hate my neighbors.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wabaki

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I wear socks now but when I was a kid I went around barefoot in the house most of the day and when I would go to bed I had a foot towel by my bed that I would use to towel off the accumulated dust and hair from my feet from walking around the house before I got into bed

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Shoes on in the house, Oklahoma. I work from home and have a standing desk, so I wear comfy shoes

Edit: To be clear, if someone asked me to take my shoes off before entering their place, I absolutely would no problem. But everyone I know wears shoes until they go to bed

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I am sitting here at my computer working from home fully dressed with shoes on eating a Rachel made with pastrami

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No I always take my shoes off at the floor mat in front of my door. I step in a lot of dog poo poo in my line of work and I wouldn't want to track that around my house.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Years ago I had a roommate that would not take his shoes off in the house until the moment he laid down on his bed. I don't know why it annoyed me but it did and even thinking about it now annoys me.

He ended up in federal prison for murder and had to wear slippers all the time so maybe he was happy there.

I wear socks in the house and usually go barefoot outside, with flip flops in my car in case I need to go into a business.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
who did he murder

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
A shoe salesman
He wanted all the shoes

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I wear shoes at home because I'm not a foreigner.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I feel like it's not a huge deal, especially if you vacuum and mop the floor every weekend like I do. Usually I take off my shoes pretty quick because it's uncomfortable, but it's not like, a rule set in stone

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Play posted:

I feel like it's not a huge deal, especially if you vacuum and mop the floor every weekend like I do. Usually I take off my shoes pretty quick because it's uncomfortable, but it's not like, a rule set in stone

I vacuum twice and steam mop once a week.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

what is surge? are you like a professional water bailer or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H2kxPehTxY

Surge is the 90s personified.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Fancy Hat posted:

If you wear shoes in your house, sorry, but I'm going to call a professional to get you the help you desperately need.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Not wearing shoes in your house is easy, but what's your approach when a guest walks in with their shoes on, like a loving dog (with shoes on)?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
How in the gently caress did "No" get 69,000 votes in like an hour?

Also I grew up in the midwest (rural IL) and nobody took off their shoes in any house ever. I didn't learn to do that until my first trip to Japan in the late 90s. I've done it ever since and our friends and family know that and take their shoes off when they visit. AFAIK it's not considered bad or rude or weird to leave them on all the time in the Chicago area which is where I live now.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

a sneaky mod stuffed the ballotbox with 69420 votes

they want to oppress posters who wear shoes inside!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Our first floor is wood and tile and stairs begin carpet. I always kick mine off at the front door cuz i'm a weeb and got into the habit in japan but wife grew up with a dirt floor so she tends to wear hers until she goes upstairs. It's weird tho, when I get to my parents house and kick my shoes off my dad (75) always comments where's yr shoes why don't you ever wear shoes

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I do. My carpet is filthy

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
just glue pieces of clean shag carpet to the bottom of your feet

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Apparently a lot of people know that not wearing shoes in the house is....nice!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not a checkbox poll, ban OP.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Elephant Ambush posted:

Election fraud.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mudskipp posted:

Not wearing shoes in your house is easy, but what's your approach when a guest walks in with their shoes on, like a loving dog (with shoes on)?

slay them with a broad sword.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Not joking, my wife is Japanese so she'd lose her mind if I did, but regardless I never did or have anyways except in my parents' house when I had to run and grab something really quick. It's why vacuums and brooms were invented.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Canuckistan posted:

I work from home, so I have a pair of indoor-only shoes with custom orthotics. Anyone working from home should be wearing shoes during the day because going barefoot all the time is just hard on your feet and can cause all sorts of problems. Take care of your feet!

Lol it’s actually the opposite. Wearing shoes makes you walk on your heel rather than the balls (lol) of your feet, which is super bad for you. Still, shoe supremacy 4life!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I wear shoes at home because I'm not a foreigner.

This is a lie, I wear shoes indoors because I'm on the spectrum and have sensory issues. I really, really dislike the feeling of my feet touching the floor directly.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nigmaetcetera posted:

This is a lie, I wear shoes indoors because I'm on the spectrum and have sensory issues. I really, really dislike the feeling of my feet touching the floor directly.

Why don't you just cut your legs off?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
you people dont got house shoes?

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
i have a pair of house jordans that i wear sometimes when it's cold, but I've never worn them outside

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Voted yes because the answer is SOMETIMES

I don't if I'm just hanging around, but if I'm ready to go and forgot something or just need to run in and get something... it depends on what I'm wearing. I'm not going to sit down and take off boots and probably change my socks* and re-lace my boots because I forgot to grab something across the room.

I know some people are that anal about it but I'm not

Just sitting around watching TV in shoes though lol no but my parents do. I can't explain why

*If i've been wearing my shoes for any amount of time and sweat at all, if I take my shoes off those socks are DONE and I need new ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Americans wearing shoes in their homes, where their wives sleep, where their children play with their toys, is why the country is in decline. quod erat demonstrandum