Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you wear shoes in your own home?
Yes
No
I wear Sketchers by Goku™
View Results

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Big Beef City posted:

Why don't you just cut your legs off?

Honestly sometimes I wish I was a living head in a jar like on futurama. Not having to worry about limbs and internal organs and disgusting bodily functions would be worth the decrease in mobility. Plus, I couldn't get fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm always wearing socks though always

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm mostly barefoot around the house but sometimes I'll put on shoes when I'm working from home, for some reason it helps get me in work mode.

At my last job there was a guy who was the opposite, he always went barefoot in the office. And I don't mean socks, he went totally bare footed every day and I found it creepy. I shouldn't be looking at your old man toes at the office.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Sometimes but only when I am being a disgusting loving garbage person who dares to wear my filthy clod-hoppers inside.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

My wife is Japanese/Filipino, so i'm pretty sure that wearing shoes in the house is grounds for divorce.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I not only don't wear shoes in my own home, I often don't wear pants.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

uber_stoat posted:

slay them with a broad sword.

I think this usually only applies if they're also wearing a skeleton costume/superman suit

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I never wear shoes around the house, but if I'm headed out the door and I've already put my shoes on when I realize I forgot something, I'm not gonna take them off again to go back in and grab it real quick. Unless they're really muddy or gross, but where I live the soil is pretty sandy so it doesn't get all thick and clumpy on your shoes even if you go out when it's wet.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
I hate wearing anything on my head, hands, or feet. I only put on shoes when I leave my apartment, and those are flip flops because I am a lazy derelict.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Cacator posted:

Americans wearing shoes in their homes, where their wives sleep, where their children play with their toys, is why the country is in decline. quod erat demonstrandum

I step directly on my wife, children, and their toys daily so I'm not seeing what the big deal is

Bad Purchase posted:

I never wear shoes around the house, but if I'm headed out the door and I've already put my shoes on when I realize I forgot something, I'm not gonna take them off again to go back in and grab it real quick. Unless they're really muddy or gross, but where I live the soil is pretty sandy so it doesn't get all thick and clumpy on your shoes even if you go out when it's wet.

That's another thing it's so dry where I live that the only thing you can really get on the bottom of your shoes is a little dust. Not something to worry about overmuch

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Barefoot, socks, or slippers if it's cold enough. If someone comes over they seem to automatically take their footwear off unless they're not staying; I think this is a Canadian thing. My partner wears rubber flipflops in the house but he's diabetic and his doctors have told him to protect his feet.

I had an Aussie housemate years ago who was amused by the Canadian habit of wearing socks or slippers indoors ("the building is heated!") and especially the habit of taking good shoes with you in the wintertime to change into when you get to a party.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Drimble Wedge posted:

I had an Aussie housemate years ago who was amused by the Canadian habit of wearing socks or slippers indoors ("the building is heated!") and especially the habit of taking good shoes with you in the wintertime to change into when you get to a party.

i can understand that... i've never lived anywhere i needed to worry much about massive snow falls and i doubt most Ozzies have either but the freakish ice storm we got earlier this year has impressed on me the advantage of having some big gently caress off shitkicker boots for when things get frozen. you don't necessarily want to wear those into a party.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

Okay I'm going to be nice here I'm not judging

But wtf

Stuck in Larry's attic, plz hlp.

Grumblepuff posted:

This is the first poll I've not voted for Goku because it's so important.

We take our shoes off in the house and bust out comfy-rear end slippers.

People who wear shoes inside the house have an illogical amount of faith in their fellow man. I don't trust anyone to not have just peed or shat on the ground when I leave my house.

This is the way to do it.

Bad Purchase posted:

I won't take them off either, but i'm squicked out with each step I take.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I have slippers bhitc (for when its cold)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I feel like a more interesting question has arisen... regardless of shoes do people where socks inside or just completely freeball (of your feet) it

Strategic Tea posted:

I have slippers bhitc (for when its cold)

Don't call me a bhitc you classless pig

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Ever had some fucker wearing shoes walk in and track fresh dogshit around the new wool carpet?

I haven't as I tell everyone to take their shoes off before they come in.

Freeball it in summer. Socks in winter. No shoes (unless you forgot something and you're in a hurry).

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Shoes are just floors you take with you.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have one pair of crocs for indoors and one pair of crocs for outdoors and one pair of crocs for the bedroom :twisted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
New goon recognition phrase:
Do you wear shoes in your home?
No, I am protected from savagery

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
nno TAINT MACHINE option this thread is RUINED

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Ew no, OP.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A mans home is his castle OP I do whatever the HECK I want to in it!

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

numberoneposter posted:

i have one pair of crocs for indoors and one pair of crocs for outdoors and one pair of crocs for the bedroom :twisted:

Polyaligamist!

Also for everyone wearing outdoor shoes indoors that have never owned a dog - at some point a dog has pissed on everything

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I like to wear high heels, suspenders and a bra.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
omg yes you should see what crawls around on the floor

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
No I’m from Canada if someone wore shoes in my place I’d be like what the gently caress that’s gross you walk into public bathrooms in those things

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

dee eight posted:

omg yes you should see what crawls around on the floor

I do. I crawl around on your floor.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
while you're down there, look under the fridge. i think there's part of a ham sandwich under there.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Dedicated house sandals in warm weather, sheepskin slippers in cold.
Also, we do not abide by the tyranny of pants in this house.

I dearly wish American houses had a space at the entry for shoe switching like Japanese residences have.

Bobbot
Mar 16, 2021

Although it may seem as if I cannot hear you, let me reassure you that you are being heard.
I wear sandals with socks while inside my house.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Do Americans not have doormats?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sometimes on sometimes off. not too hard to sweep a bit. i dont really care and will never mention it. thanks op :tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Shoes are just floors you take with you.

yup

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I wear reebok sneakers at the house and another pair I swap out for work.

Swapping my shoes out Mr. Rogers style.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

actually that's none of yr business. what i wear on my feet in my home is MY BUSINESS

Boots in house wearer spotted. And I bet there's dried dogshit caked on the soles.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Nope. Socks in winter and barefoot the rest of the year. I hate shoes and rarely wear them unless I'm leaving my property.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

CaptainCrunch posted:

Dedicated house sandals in warm weather, sheepskin slippers in cold.
Also, we do not abide by the tyranny of pants in this house.

I dearly wish American houses had a space at the entry for shoe switching like Japanese residences have.

Honestly most do. There is something called "foyer" that suits this purpose, and if there is no room for a foyer then there is often a small section of tile/wood right at the front door so you can take off your shoes without dirtying your carpet.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Come on people you wear those shoes into public bathrooms and poo poo lmao

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

AFAIK it's not considered bad or rude or weird to leave them on all the time in the Chicago area which is where I live now.

Maybe it's okay in the suburbs but if you try to come into a house with your shoes on in the city that pisses people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

PinheadSlim posted:

Honestly most do. There is something called "foyer" that suits this purpose, and if there is no room for a foyer then there is often a small section of tile/wood right at the front door so you can take off your shoes without dirtying your carpet.

You’re not wrong, but none of the residences I’ve been able to rent have that.

My fault for being poor as poo poo and living in apartments for my entire adult life I guess.

(None of the people I’ve visited who do have foyers have a “shoes off” policy. Their loss.)