Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

we had a good run in the old thread. rip

incredible lol at flavius pruning the flower garden and keeping xelkelvos and ferrinus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ArfJason posted:

to R is human
to mod is pedophile

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao i missed this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dongicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjH1wCx6Zos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
u ever think about that the same ppl who celebrated a whole forum getting slandered also get hella pissed about slander turned the other way lol. and the one guy who disagreed went out like litvinenko :thunk:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
also rename this thread to the mod haters thread. let freedom ring

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Fyad hasn't been funny since probably 2010?

Dunno what this thread is about

this is the shitposting thread. need galactic acid to make the new one. mf'er will close it down if anybody ruins it. his eyes hold no mercy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

they keep getting banned for wanting to gently caress a vtuber or something

the avatar or the actual person? even though i already know the answer...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Wait, someone out there wants to gently caress a real person instead of some animu streamer thing?

i assumed they had irl media jobs or somethin leveraging into social media careers no? or is this like being one level removed to protect against creepers? like mf'in streamergirl pro. pretty smart if so.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
drat they really are completely virtualized egirls lmfao. absolutely milk those nerds wallets dry

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

lol this is it for me. idgaf about r word, from the start only complained cause of the arbitrary enforcement of rules which 100% were always meted out against posting enemies and ignored by others, applied to the whole "mods are pedophiles" thing too and basically everything in the history of the website. its totally absurd that words like "oval office" are banned in the joke politics forum on a website where 9/11 set to yakety sax was its most significant contribution to the world. i shant post in cspam again because the mods are idiots who punish people for saying oval office and it may be revealed at a later date that some of them have committed crimes of a sexual nature. i shall stick to the pink forum and laugh at you all assuming that i am not banned for this post given the ruling that it is illegal to laugh at the mods now. please organize people around you and at your workplace and dont post online all day about "leftist" politics because it will rot your brain and you will never change anything or organize anyone.

cspam mods peekin at fluffdaddy's forum having 4 users and being like "now this is guy we should take a lesson from" lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Populon posted:

he was the one that killed the succ zone too wasnt he?

to be fair, the admins took an interest in it and there was no way their own mods would actually stake out a hard line for people who post in the forum lol. did the same derail technique too.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
:gritin::gritty:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lol that they haven't been deleted

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

straight up cretins itt

you laugh about the idea that someone who was sexually abused wouldn't want to be called a pedophile and then you act all mad that i completely write off your complaints

lmfao at mod team getting angry for 3 months over this when they could have been transparent and it would have been crushed asap. goon interpersonal skills ftw.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

this is a good example of why it's a good idea to just moderate language when asked to in a social space (especially an organizing space!!), either by an individual or general culture, rather than to immediately stand on principle and start playing devious logic games or whatever. somebody asking you to clap quietly or refrain from using a particular word understands that they're imposing on you and wouldn't do so unless the alternative felt even worse. these conflicts aren't actually about determining which words are innately evil (the idealist perspective), but rather a process of negotiation and contradiction that manifests as an ad hoc consensus about how we talk to each other (the dialectical perspective)

It wasn't an ask lol. On one hand they irrevocably tainted it with cynicism in their handling of it and on the other informed us of how little they think of us. It pwns, I love goons so much.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

well it's an unfortunate situation all around. somehow i imagine that "please don't call me a pedophile" would not have the desired result in most cases in C-SPAM or another rules-light forum, however, especially not after you've just probated someone's friend for using the wrong language

You use your big boy words and anonymize it and say "For one of our moderators, this issue is actually hurtful, going forward we won't be lenient in punishing this joke" instead they went "ah hell, it just went outta fashion didn't it. It's old!" Now you have two different explanations from the same people. Except one is post-hoc and from a, now, untrusted party because of their behavior and the fact that they lied by omission if we take them on face value. What I'm saying is we need to get mods into communication classes asap lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
when trotsky doesn't close one door, god doesn't open another

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

smarxist posted:

this Marx guy had some good ideas, i'm finding that a lot of his frameworks for analyzing societal phenomena still resonate today 200 years later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3Hg6FBBSU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

I'm being facetious here but you are the one claiming that the explanation for the rise of ISIS is just that "they're a bunch of lunatics"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
g*ddamn celot is trying to beat the t-man record for number of post on the same page or something

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
dunno whats nuts about islamic fundamentalism. seems pretty tame

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
to be fair its you alls fault to fall for skygod trolling from like <2008

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Victory Position posted:

this runs parallel with many other Marxist-Leninst memes commonly found on the internet,

https://i.imgur.com/gGqFLXy.mp4

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

note that this is actually and literally why ableism is bad, because it's part and parcel of the liberal paradigm in which all material outcomes are merely reflections or manifestations of innate psychic quality or lack thereof

kill the indian, save the man

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Celot posted:

I’ve been here since before LF. What’s with the weird need to pretend religious fundamentalists are sane?

allah was also here before LF

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

a lot of that chart is questionable, but if you can reason out how education isn't directly a part of production, you're either way smarter than me or way way dumber

I could teach you how to build a rocket. But it doesn't mean anything if you are and always will be a burger flipper. So it consumes social value (i.e. my time or a teachers or what not) but does not produce any. Just like how a pinkerton with a machine gun could be required to make steel, but does not produce any.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
A Mod chooses, a Poster obeys

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
An imbecile is haunting cspam

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

there is no reason to use the phrase "short bus people" when there are far more descriptive words available, like "anarchist"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

even in the face of planned functional illiteracy, people need to be able to fill out an application to flip burgers or build rockets or be an enemy of the people. whether the gatekeeping is necessary it's there

I'm not saying its not required to get us there, just that the part where value is created won't be when you are taught to write. It's like this. If I showed you the long graph of things needed to create a paperclip, this god like view of it, there would be a convergence of multiple factors into one point presumably: the transformation of capital, natural resources, land, worker labor, etc into a paper clip. If I gave you this chart of causality what would you call the 'means of production'?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
That is has more cost is precisely what I'm saying. The binary is simply for the purpose of presentation, irl it'll be jumbled up. You might well be tutored and such on the job, for example. Regardless, a capitalist would view all this as a cost not value production, which they want to capture. To me, whether learning to write or speak or build a rocket or training to jump 10 feet the complexity is irrelevant. A society is expending value, which is produced elsewhere and which is finite, in order to do so but not capturing any in return. Not yet.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I would contend that labor power is inseparable from labor power's ability to think. education is a necessary precondition for labor. it doesn't matter how you divvy up your superstructure and base, education stands outside in a sense because it's prior to any interaction between labor and resource that could be considered production, not prior in a temporal sense, prior in a logical sense.

Yeah, that's all I'm saying. That's why education isn't a lump sum either, you'd learn broad modes of thinking in a educational institution and specific schemas at a workplace.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when flavius gets demodded do they add his star to the wall in the lobby?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
kill six billion ukrainians

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

an actual lol from me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jeffrey gets the news about why 2 mods fell

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Leftists these days are evenly spread across the spectrum too.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I can't imagine the mind required to watch a few eps of the simpsons randomly then commit to watching the whole thing