Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

How!
Oct 29, 2009

BillsPhoenix posted:

Did the Soviet Union have parks? Green spaces or 3rd places have been disappearing rapidly in the US - I remember explicitly being taught the USSR didn't have any.

As I think about it now though... I don't even know how the concept works in theory or execution in communism - you don't really need to have a space protected from capitalist development the same way the US does.

They even have ice cream parks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How!
Oct 29, 2009

BillsPhoenix posted:

Going through old notes and found the answer.

"State Capitalism".

I had forgotten all about this because it doesn't really exist. There is technically a theory answer though, and state capitalism is it.

The other ones are free market (no govt interference at all, or only govt for defense)

The ever popular laissez-faire, which the US teaches that the US is the best example. Govt does defense, and greater good regulation only.

And controlled capitalism. Add welfare to the above govt.

nvm sorry I don’t even want to engage

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I would like to thank this thread. I work with a young Mormon man with a very good heart, and the knowledge here has been instrumental in opening his eyes. It’s honestly heartening to talk to the younger ppl sometimes.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Can we just threadban this tedious motherfucker? His posts are barely English and we're lucky if he ever writes a complete sentence, let alone a complete loving thought.

hes actually kind of a good learning tool for idiots like me, but only because of the rest of you. it’s like “what to say to idiots at the bar 101”

How!
Oct 29, 2009

BillsPhoenix posted:

Someone summoned the anti coat?!?

Starting off with a missile and "negative" value. This isn't at all what I was going for. Marx, capitalists, are both cool with consumable products existing.

Anti coat is in refence only to use value. If something can have a use value, then something without a use value must exist.

So if a coat exists, that same linnen must be able to be arranged into an item with no use value, or "anti coat".

This entire argument is just a translation abuse by me*. If we use a more appropriate "value in use" translation, then it's more clear. Is there a value in using this item? A hammer can be used as a hammer. A broken hammer can not be used as a hammer. There is value in using a hammer. There is not value in using a broken hammer.

are you talking about art?