Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Thank rask, we need a thread to discuss marxism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
The original explanations of surplus value and the tendency of the rate of profit to fall are both really important though, so if you aren't going to commit yourself to reading Marx, at least seek out a simplified edition or excerpts or something because you likely aren't going to find the same concepts defined elsewhere.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

You aren't wanted

poo poo they should make you a mod, you're good at this

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Bot 02 posted:

That makes one of you

lol

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

nudejedi posted:

nü-marxism

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

The word is just used as a weapon against bad mods with thin skin and piss poor reading comprehension. If they were to not touch this thread and gently caress off it would trickle to nothing. You ever see it used agains gradenko or brutalistmacdonalds or tiler kiwi? They come correct and back their poo poo up and are good posters.

Just give this thread an IK and let them handle things and gently caress off already.

how are you not extremely embarrassed, as an adult, to be typing this

Greg Legg posted:

I do think this weird overreaction is going to make people say it more.

I learned a lot from the previous thread and it's annoying that flavius keeps loving up all the good threads.

I mean, I learned a lot from the previous thread too, which is why it was so annoying to see people making GBS threads it up constantly calling people retards and pedophiles. i'm the guy who was probating people for doing that, but i can see how you're confused, i guess

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:siren:

anyway, from now on, and this includes "i'm not touching you" type posts:

saying the r-word is a sixer. repeatedly doing it will ramp you up to a day, 3 days, etc.

calling any poster a pedophile, or implying the same, is from this point on a ban+30

if you can't understand why these things are against the rules i don't care to hear your reasons and you should probably just find another website to post on

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Centrist Committee posted:

pedo isn’t a slur dumbass

i didn't say it was

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Victory Position posted:

let's detach that one level out; should people get into needless slap-fights with one another at all times?

you're being lazy and blaming ferrinus for trying to actually examine what people have been making GBS threads up the thread about for pages

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

straight up cretins itt

you laugh about the idea that someone who was sexually abused wouldn't want to be called a pedophile and then you act all mad that i completely write off your complaints

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i mean if that genuinely didn't occur to you I take back the cretin part but i just assume people understand how hurtful things like that can be

the r-word thing honestly doesn't even bother me personally, but it's a C-SPAM rule and i agree with the reasons it is

but the pedophile thing makes me pretty angry ngl

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Congenital iodine deficiency syndrome (also known as Cretinism) is a medical condition present at birth marked by impaired physical and mental development, due to insufficient thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) often caused by insufficient dietary iodine during pregnancy. It is one cause of underactive thyroid function at birth, called congenital hypothyroidism, and also referred to as cretinism
The term cretin was originally used to describe a person affected by this condition, but, as with words such as spastic and lunatic, it underwent pejoration and is now considered derogatory and inappropriate.

huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Edit ur post and probe yourself to keep your posting honor flav

i think I've only ever seen that term in Calvin and Hobbes but you're right