Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

condorman said they tried to catch the orbs with a net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

condorman said they tried to catch the orbs with a net

unfortunately the nets were all made by a Polish subcontractor and were, again regrettably, labelled "for butterflies only". reports indicate they were ineffective

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mind the bridge

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
The bridge was getting too close to the truth, it had to be eliminated.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://medium.com/@beatriz.villarr...my-f73566768a3e

quote:

I have had a lot of time to think in the last couple of days and feel compelled to share my reflections.

Each day, I realize the depth of how stigma, the categorization of “UFO” or UAP as a dumping category, and the subsequent methodologies to study the phenomenon go together. Many UFO/UAP organizations do excellent and admirable work by collecting UFO/UAP reports and searching for underlying explanations (meteorological phenomena, birds, balloons, etc.). The remaining category, the one they cannot explain, will be called a “UFO” or “UAP,” and when this has been done, one can ask serious experts from different disciplines to have a look. We can, of course, also do the same thing by using telescope surveys and various sensors to watch the sky and learn a great deal about what flies in our skies. However, when we collect witness reports and break down the observations into categories, we do not learn the nature of the object, but rather how good or bad people are at identifying an object in our skies — and that is not where we want to go.

By choosing the name UAP/UFO, our methodology to study the phenomenon mirrors the definition and makes the said “UAP” severely difficult to understand in detail. Adding experts from many disciplines is unlikely to help in dealing with the huge amount of false positives and negatives. Once the failure to bring serious results comes, the stigma grows larger roots and makes it even more difficult to study the phenomenon.

To break this cycle, we need to focus on clear hypotheses for what we believe we are studying, no matter how crazy or stigmatized such ideas appear to be. We need to drop the discussion about “UAP” and “UFO” and talk about clear concepts e.g. flying saucers or glowing orbs. We should not be afraid to talk about extraterrestrial artifacts or non-human spaceships and how to test if such can be found. A flying saucer or a glowing orb has clear distinctive physical features that can be looked for in a survey. The term “flying saucers” gives us a clear hypothesis and something concrete to look for. Such experiments are more carefully designed and more efficient, and can save us from wasting time on false positives (especially those that bring national security concerns). Another strategy is by basing the hypothesis on the five observables, even though also these observables were influenced by the background terminology.

I recognize that it is hard to change terminology, as our entire wiring is built around it. At this point, I would break down the issue into a few testable problems where the terminology is either clear or of secondary concern:

1. Can we find signatures of NHI/ET artifacts or spaceships outside Earth’s atmosphere? Can we find signatures of flying saucers or mysterious orbs inside the atmosphere?
2. Is there any correlation between aircraft accidents or disappearances and “UFO sightings” or hotspots? How about boat accidents or disappearances and USO sightings? (Here, the categorization is of secondary concern as the goal is not to understand the nature of the objects, but the level of threat they pose.) The level of threat can be clearly tested this way.
3. Are there any physical objects with anomalous properties or materials left behind at locations where a flying saucer either landed or crashed?

Maybe it was the most brilliant manipulation in history to stigmatize the term “flying saucer” and reshape the problem into a dumping category as “UFO” and “UAP”, as this truly affects our thinking and capability of solving this issue that has bugged our society for 70 years. But if we keep talking about UAP and UFO, we can almost guarantee that no solution will come in the next hundred years either.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Houle posted:

Couldn't you just like....put a gigantic cardboard box over top a nuclear site and do a bunch of nuclear things until an alien shows up and knocks over the gigantic stick? The box would need to be massive, like the size of a sports arena but also be sturdy enough to be tilted up at a 30 degree angle and to collapse down from that angle. The stick would need to be strong enough to hold up this box but light enough to pull it out of the way with a bunch of tanks or whatever.

Kind of lazy UFO community. Just need a few billion to make their own nuclear test site and bribe the right red state officials to zone it out there and to commission a gigantic box and fashion the materials for it that likely don't exist. I hear job creation.

if the birds thing our nuke plants and weapons of mass death are interesting then just wait until we're scooting around our solar system in jalopies propelled by thermonuclear rockets

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm not really a huge fan of the term UAP. It's not destigmatizing anything, it's semantically more accurate but only because it says even less than UFO, and it comes straight from the MIC.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'll just call them Clefairy from now on.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

they are the fae: flighty anomalous entities

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tekne posted:

:hai:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

it occurs to me that uap and ufo are both actually inaccurate terms because sometimes there are usos (which are also frequently ufos).
how about umos or umps- unidentified moving objects/phenomena?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Hatebag posted:

it occurs to me that uap and ufo are both actually inaccurate terms because sometimes there are usos (which are also frequently ufos).

uap was modified to be anomalous rather than aerial. it’s a good term imo because it also covers say some weird plasma ball or whatever which is not necessarily an object

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Hatebag posted:

That's why the a got changed to anomalous

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

oh i didn't know that. well it's stupid anyway. i much prefer an acronym to an initialism, though that's also a criticism against ufo unless you pronounce it "oof-oh" in which case you sound like a real dumb dumb

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

we can start calling them WITs for what is that

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I pronounce it “oofology” only when Dan Aykroyd is involved

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mediaphage posted:

yes! that's good!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Tekne posted:

Yes, I love the FAE

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
The spanish sounds good

OVNI

Ov nee

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hatebag posted:

oh i didn't know that. well it's stupid anyway. i much prefer an acronym to an initialism, though that's also a criticism against ufo unless you pronounce it "oof-oh" in which case you sound like a real dumb dumb

https://www.oofos.com/

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

mediaphage posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
In Frasier, it is canonical that John Glenn saw aliens while he was in space and was told to lie about it when he got back

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
Posting birds in the bird thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUPQfUywA_E

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

You can literally just make an accelerator in your garage or basement it's a fun legal high

I know roughly how to make the detector, how do you make the accelerator?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Yessss, this is great vibes, and I can tell the bird thinks so too~ :lovebird:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hatebag posted:

unless you pronounce it "oof-oh" in which case you sound like a real dumb dumb

You're just doing it wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5UkA2Gg-Cc

lsculpt23
Aug 3, 2022

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

John Dee should have listened to Edward Kelley when he tried to warn him that the spirits he was negotiating with were no angels.

I'm pretty sure the modern state of the Anglo-Saxon world can be traced back to that man and his imperialist dreams

I have been saying this for years. If it is any one person's fault it is Dee's.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

:haw: "Hello Angels? Tell me where there is buried treasure."

:angel: First let us teach you enochian, which wi-

:circlefap:" TREASURE. NOW. GIMME TREASURE"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Inspector Hound posted:

I know roughly how to make the detector, how do you make the accelerator?

I recommend this guy Neptunium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYSEC2mvFnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2V3J9eSDOI
One note iirc is that he did end up buying the emitter in the second thumbnail instead of machining it from scratch, if that matters)
    There's some key points he has that i feel are pretty important compared to other internet assholes:
  • Very easy to follow along and replicate his process, also easy to examine it for errors. He's pretty much doing the scientific method at least in a small way.
  • Not wishy-washy bullshit like say isaac arthur falling up his own rear end. This is real, established work that he's reduplicating, in person, in his garage.
  • I would say almost the opposite of NDT brain or w/e, he's actually doing the science, doing the engineering, no frills or bullshittery, just a normal dude doing this stuff and reporting back in on the results.
Fuckin, Isaac Arthur had a vid along the lines of "can we TERRAFORM the MOON?/?" and I knew it was gonna be murderous to click it but I loving did it anyway. Dude goes in and starts defining different kinds of terraforming, which is good, but then gets into these bizarre tangents like moving the actual moon's orbit and poo poo like this and it's like you know what, gently caress this poo poo. If I'm going into what's basically science magic I'd rather be looking at like actual crystal balls or card drawing goons instead of this trash. Like gimme the j/o crystals and frame dragging vortex generators or w/e. If you wanna consider something speculative Godier is way more reasonable than Arthur imo. Anton might be 50% wrong and belting out halfbaked reporting but at least it's grounded in something.

I'd argue that citizen scientists can and have pushed the boundaries, and in the early days that's maybe what the whole of science was (except idk it was all rich fucks doing it back then). Is that what Neptunium is doing? No, he's basically redoing work that's ~80 years old at this point, something like that, maybe more. Just total normal guy doing it, no wild bullshit. Not breaking unity in the basement, not building a fuckin time machine, but getting out the wrenches and actually torquing down the bolts and everything and putting together advanced (to me at least) components and confirming that they do in fact operate the way they are intended to operate without blowing up the neighborhood or dumping microwave interference all over the place and that kind of stuff.

I'm still annoyed that I started to get reccomends about shitvids with a thumbnail that's an ai generated furry in a space suit with the caption "is it ETHICAL to UPLIFT lifeforms?" and ofc I goddamn well know it's not going to be an even slightly interesting or half serious discussion of what the ramifications of doing that might be. Meanwhile, there's channels that get like 13 total views that have really intense analysis of scifi books from 1965 or some poo poo and a half century ago they've already laid out this entire concept so well that basically everyone needs to log the gently caress off.

Well, that's the end of my rant. IMO Neptunium is p good and is a part of the for-real science youtube sphere, like how maybe Extractions & Ire is out there doing chemistry and crap. Np also has a vid on skinwalker ranch that I didn't get a chance to check out yet lol so when I have time I'm gonna get his take on that. (guess he thinks the show's bullshit designed to make a buck, p much?) Even if Np went out and literally bought every component of this machine and lego-pieced them together from instructions he found online, I feel like that's kind of a moderate to big deal for some random youtuber tbh and not something to scoff at. It's not like the prehistoric technology guy actually lives in his fuckin hut in the wild.

e:
I also wanna point out I think Anton might be doing youtube as his day job and if he is he has to get these vids out all the time. This must suck rear end if true. That would be a good way to make what could be a passion into a hell, and could explain why he's not firing on all cylinders on all vids. Still think some of this insane research is plausibly the beginning of extremely wild new technology.

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 10:47 on Mar 27, 2024

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

One note iirc is that he did end up buying the emitter in the second thumbnail instead of machining it from scratch, if that matters)
    There's some key points he has that i feel are pretty important compared to other internet assholes:
  • Very easy to follow along and replicate his process, also easy to examine it for errors. He's pretty much doing the scientific method at least in a small way.
  • Not wishy-washy bullshit like say isaac arthur falling up his own rear end. This is real, established work that he's reduplicating, in person, in his garage.
  • I would say almost the opposite of NDT brain or w/e, he's actually doing the science, doing the engineering, no frills or bullshittery, just a normal dude doing this stuff and reporting back in on the results.
Fuckin, Isaac Arthur had a vid along the lines of "can we TERRAFORM the MOON?/?" and I knew it was gonna be murderous to click it but I loving did it anyway. Dude goes in and starts defining different kinds of terraforming, which is good, but then gets into these bizarre tangents like moving the actual moon's orbit and poo poo like this and it's like you know what, gently caress this poo poo. If I'm going into what's basically science magic I'd rather be looking at like actual crystal balls or card drawing goons instead of this trash. Like gimme the j/o crystals and frame dragging vortex generators or w/e. If you wanna consider something speculative Godier is way more reasonable than Arthur imo. Anton might be 50% wrong and belting out halfbaked reporting but at least it's grounded in something.

I'd argue that citizen scientists can and have pushed the boundaries, and in the early days that's maybe what the whole of science was (except idk it was all rich fucks doing it back then). Is that what Neptunium is doing? No, he's basically redoing work that's ~80 years old at this point, something like that, maybe more. Just total normal guy doing it, no wild bullshit. Not breaking unity in the basement, not building a fuckin time machine, but getting out the wrenches and actually torquing down the bolts and everything and putting together advanced (to me at least) components and confirming that they do in fact operate the way they are intended to operate without blowing up the neighborhood or dumping microwave interference all over the place and that kind of stuff.

I'm still annoyed that I started to get reccomends about shitvids with a thumbnail that's an ai generated furry in a space suit with the caption "is it ETHICAL to UPLIFT lifeforms?" and ofc I goddamn well know it's not going to be an even slightly interesting or half serious discussion of what the ramifications of doing that might be. Meanwhile, there's channels that get like 13 total views that have really intense analysis of scifi books from 1965 or some poo poo and a half century ago they've already laid out this entire concept so well that basically everyone needs to log the gently caress off.

Well, that's the end of my rant. IMO Neptunium is p good and is a part of the for-real science youtube sphere, like how maybe Extractions & Ire is out there doing chemistry and crap. Np also has a vid on skinwalker ranch that I didn't get a chance to check out yet lol so when I have time I'm gonna get his take on that. (guess he thinks the show's bullshit designed to make a buck, p much?) Even if Np went out and literally bought every component of this machine and lego-pieced them together from instructions he found online, I feel like that's kind of a moderate to big deal for some random youtuber tbh and not something to scoff at. It's not like the prehistoric technology guy actually lives in his fuckin hut in the wild.

e:
I also wanna point out I think Anton might be doing youtube as his day job and if he is he has to get these vids out all the time. This must suck rear end if true. That would be a good way to make what could be a passion into a hell, and could explain why he's not firing on all cylinders on all vids. Still think some of this insane research is plausibly the beginning of extremely wild new technology.

yeah lol i can’t stand isaac arthur. again it’s fine if people like it but it’s just some guy what iffing the same ten topics in a different way with no real science 90% of the time. and that content is fine but people keep talking about it as some kind of bastion of science comm.

relatedly i think it’s dumb to see youtubers calling themselves “futurists” to be frank but

anton is doing fine with his insane subscriber count i assure you. this doesn’t really have anything to do with how many videos he puts out, it’s been there since the beginning. his best videos are where he describes some observational astronomical phenomenon because it’s easy to grasp what’s happening from a straightforward read of the paper

in a lot of vids tho he either doesn’t understand the science or is really bad at communicating it and it shows when he starts explaining something and then gives up and goes “basically…this thing happened” lol

anyway i like seeing people trying to do more science outreach but i think it’s important to separate actual reported science from fantasy and way too many mix the two

anyway that black hole paper is interesting but i really can’t see it as meaningfully new technology in the way you’re talking.

mediaphage has issued a correction as of 11:26 on Mar 27, 2024

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

btw the particle accelerator links are dope thanks for sharing

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I mean like the gels getting chemically elecrowelded and whatever other crazy poo poo. Being able to reversibly anchor materials like that seems potentially pretty big & especially for producing anything related to graphene and possibly the cyber chip still.

The acoustic black hole is maybe interesting in the sense of being able to manipulate things under p wild constraints but idk it's probably not as imminently relevant. The whole trope of swirling liquid metal engines being a major component of the antigravity ufo drive has been there for a while for sure tho

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The acoustic black hole is maybe interesting in the sense of being able to manipulate things under p wild constraints but idk it's probably not as imminently relevant. The whole trope of swirling liquid metal engines being a major component of the antigravity ufo drive has been there for a while for sure tho

like ok assuming you think a ufo uses some kind of swirling metal power source it’s still just a topographical similarity

especially for producing anything related to graphene and possibly the cyber chip still.

it’s an interesting lab demo at the moment for sure but i don’t know what you mean by this

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

goon project: the gang builds an even larger hardon collider

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

e:

As someone working in a company building particle accelerators, thanks for these vids

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

blatman posted:

in a…circle…mayhap?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blatman posted:

Can't get a bigger hardon collider than your mum

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

y'all read this?

https://zenodo.org/records/8213330

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mediaphage posted:

like ok assuming you think a ufo uses some kind of swirling metal power source it’s still just a topographical similarity

it’s an interesting lab demo at the moment for sure but i don’t know what you mean by this

the first one's just ye classick lore of ufos where you have this mysterious substance with ~quantum properties~ that are macroscopical, but the second one is more concrete, concrete enough that even i could come up with a sort of coherent plan to develop something.
This wouldn't be a "chip" in the same sense that musk might mean it, it's going to be more like an integrated layering system that's not inside anyone's braincase and isn't drilled into some poor monkey's spine or anything grotesque.

The first thing you need to do is categorize all your electrically conductive plate materials, and see which ones are biocompatable and under what circumstances. This is probably in literature, you don't wanna be leaking idk toxic lead into someone's rear end. The next part of this is to then go over all your gels and see which ones are biocompatable in the same way. How do they interact with living organisms, particularly mammals, especially humans. Ofc . This base level compilation of all the existing research is p much the most critical and boring part of the whole thing, and is super laborious. Ironically an "ai" would be super useful here if they didn't just hallucinate lies all the goddamn time.

Then you start doing the actual experimental analysis part, which is also a two parter. You gotta confirm that the paper is real and all the gel fusion stuff exists and works the way they say it does. Then you also take the compiled info and do your own paper extending their work so that you have more comprehensive information about how these bonds bond and all this kind of poo poo. Gel abc on plate xyz with voltage 123 for time etc. Then all this poo poo again for as complicated as you want to get. Knowing this allows you to build multiple forms of complex, potentially very thin, gels on top of each other.

Once you have a good grip on this, the next phase is to examine how these bonds behave in the context of a living organism. Inside and between actual tissue layers. This also involves doing a lot of work prepping these different gels and materials in sterile environments.

There's a lot of steps but what you're heading towards is this:

We already have the ability to print extremely thin and small electronic circuits and effectively sterilize and encapsulate them.
We already have long had the ability to induce currents from external sources, you don't need to directly plug in, particularly over short distances.
If you have the ability to produce these complex gel layers, you have the ability to dope them with various kinds of hormones or cells, cells taken from the patient's own body even.
All of this can, at least in theory, be entirely automated using robotics that create these extremely thin layers, which a doc then oversees the implantation of. The biological "chip."

Why would you plug in a loving ethernet cable into your brainstem like it's the matrix when you can have all the "serious" or "difficult" part of the so-called cyberchip completely outside of the body itself? You can instead implant a layer into the skin of Fatty McGoon's hand so when he's in his mom's basement he puts on a fingerless :krad: bluetooth glove and he's automatically jacked in and able to stumble around posting by braille. When they're not wearing this glove it's an inert part of their body indistinguishable from anything else. It's not the fully advanced cyberweb future yet. You don't want that future, it's stupid.

The basic concept of the cyberchip, as i'm thinking of it, is more the question of "why would you intercept information from any part of somebody's neurology or whatever, when you could instead merely present to or accept from them?" You're literally making more work for yourself for no reason other than to make it more dangerous to everyone involved.

There's a side track as well. This kind of gel bonding can work with plates, right? And it can work with some gels regardless of the direction of voltage flow, right? So why wouldn't it work with particles instead of plates? Or platelets? Why couldn't you produce a, well, medgel? You get wounded and someone can slop this crap into the injury and induct a voltage and it fuses the wound shut? Yeah if you get a complex wound like a blood vessel rupture that's not going to work outside of surgery, but what about people who have complicated injuries like muscle tears that literally have no way to be fixed, or people who have injuries that are not as serious as getting your arm shot off but more serious than a bandaid? Paramedic but not life flight? If that can be made to work it could then also be directly applied to the whole cyberchip bullshit and make it more plausible. It could at least be used to stabilize injuries and speed the body's ability to heal, if you have this gel with various medications dispersed within it and it's already literally touching the injury site, and applied to all forms of surgery.

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

the first one's just ye classick lore of ufos where you have this mysterious substance with ~quantum properties~ that are macroscopical, but the second one is more concrete, concrete enough that even i could come up with a sort of coherent plan to develop something.
This wouldn't be a "chip" in the same sense that musk might mean it, it's going to be more like an integrated layering system that's not inside anyone's braincase and isn't drilled into some poor monkey's spine or anything grotesque.

The first thing you need to do is categorize all your electrically conductive plate materials, and see which ones are biocompatable and under what circumstances. This is probably in literature, you don't wanna be leaking idk toxic lead into someone's rear end. The next part of this is to then go over all your gels and see which ones are biocompatable in the same way. How do they interact with living organisms, particularly mammals, especially humans. Ofc . This base level compilation of all the existing research is p much the most critical and boring part of the whole thing, and is super laborious. Ironically an "ai" would be super useful here if they didn't just hallucinate lies all the goddamn time.

Then you start doing the actual experimental analysis part, which is also a two parter. You gotta confirm that the paper is real and all the gel fusion stuff exists and works the way they say it does. Then you also take the compiled info and do your own paper extending their work so that you have more comprehensive information about how these bonds bond and all this kind of poo poo. Gel abc on plate xyz with voltage 123 for time etc. Then all this poo poo again for as complicated as you want to get. Knowing this allows you to build multiple forms of complex, potentially very thin, gels on top of each other.

Once you have a good grip on this, the next phase is to examine how these bonds behave in the context of a living organism. Inside and between actual tissue layers. This also involves doing a lot of work prepping these different gels and materials in sterile environments.

There's a lot of steps but what you're heading towards is this:

We already have the ability to print extremely thin and small electronic circuits and effectively sterilize and encapsulate them.
We already have long had the ability to induce currents from external sources, you don't need to directly plug in, particularly over short distances.
If you have the ability to produce these complex gel layers, you have the ability to dope them with various kinds of hormones or cells, cells taken from the patient's own body even.
All of this can, at least in theory, be entirely automated using robotics that create these extremely thin layers, which a doc then oversees the implantation of. The biological "chip."

Why would you plug in a loving ethernet cable into your brainstem like it's the matrix when you can have all the "serious" or "difficult" part of the so-called cyberchip completely outside of the body itself? You can instead implant a layer into the skin of Fatty McGoon's hand so when he's in his mom's basement he puts on a fingerless :krad: bluetooth glove and he's automatically jacked in and able to stumble around posting by braille. When they're not wearing this glove it's an inert piece of their body indistinguishable from anything else. It's not the fully advanced cyberweb future yet. You don't want that future, it's stupid.

The basic concept of the cyberchip, as i'm thinking of it, is more the question of "why would you intercept any part of somebody's neurology or whatever, when you could instead merely present or accept information to and from them?" You're literally making more work for yourself for no reason other than to make it more dangerous to everyone involved.

There's a side track as well. This kind of gel bonding can work with plates, right? And it can work with some gels regardless of the direction of voltage flow, right? So why wouldn't it work with particles instead of plates? Or platelets? Why couldn't you produce a, well, medgel? You get wounded and someone can slop this crap into the injury and induct a voltage and it fuses the wound shut? Yeah if you get a complex wound like a blood vessel rupture that's not going to work outside of surgery, but what about people who have complicated injuries like muscle tears that literally have no way to be fixed, or people who have injuries that are not as serious as getting your arm shot off but more serious than a bandaid? Paramedic but not life flight? If that can be made to work it could then also be directly applied to the whole cyberchip bullshit and make it more plausible. It could at least be used to stabilize injuries and speed the body's ability to heal, if you have this gel with various medications dispersed within it and it's already literally touching the injury site, and applied to all forms of surgery.

been saying this