Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I don't know about these aliens or whatever but MUFON's streaming platform has a fuckton of homemade Star Trek episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Sorry for this powerful and very necessary thread derail but what in the aliens are inside this thread which is also probably an op? What kind of alien-USA alliance would that indicate?

666 space werewolven nuclear armageddon would be a very cool and good metal album name maybe

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Haha, yeah! The Bank of Gorgonax 7 issues no legal tender, anyway.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

A god-like Grey wearing cargo shorts who owns both a costco credit card and a washpo subscription quietly manipulating world events from behind the veil. "Trump was right about a lot of things" it mumbles as its tricorder laps up response data from nearby subjects.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Nothing is real - to map out the universe as anything other than the will of Zorpho of the Dread Planet Gorgonax 7 is a gross injustice to his dark powers.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

valp posted:

The biblical rapture is just aliens taking people off-world before the apocalypse, you can do that or you can stay on earth and hope you mutate into an X-Man when the solar flare hits.

Mutation implies evolution (I guess) which is very bad and evil too so this would be a really good hook to inject youfoh conspiracies into Qvangelism.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The future alien hyperevolved cephalopods are engaged in a temporal cold war with earth's native hyperevolved future crabs and their mind-cult of Crabitism. That's why so many UFO sightings occur over and around the ocean.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

"It definitely wasn't a big ag and/or gas company illegally conducting an unlicensed mass survey event over vast swaths of private property. Y'all are nuts."

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

skewetoo posted:

The shadow people are onto us the astral plane lucid dream crew. An invisible war is upon us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umzgS2VbINY

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Sandia the ET posted:

by many members of the federation

Everybody is going to feel real funny when it's revealed that this contact has not been from the benevolent Federation... but the glorious Klingon Empire.

Q'apla, fellow warriors, we will soon dine in st-vo-kor!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

ja-rulety taking us to that great fyre festival in the stars

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The only communication beams I receive while sleeping are from extended spaceship warranty scammers :(

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

111 pages until first contact

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I think it's sorta wild that we're remotely receiving technological enlightenment from the stars yet I still have to suffer earth toilet technology on the regular.

There has to be a better way.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Did E.T. have blue eyes in the film? What the gently caress.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I think that horniness is a sort of great filter for species with regards to first contact and access to the greater wonders of our universe. Horniness is weird and probably indicates a low level of development on both the physical and psycho-astral planes.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

au contraire, to deny horniness is to deny an integral part of the self. it's the hosed up unhealthy constellation of ideas in orbit around the hornt star that is a part of the major problems of human society

Okay, your statement checks out. Horny is galactic.

...Or, a single faction within The Federation is exploiting Earth-horny.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

It'd be pretty neat to collect data on some rogues. Geologically, how are they different than planets that are star-bound? I wonder if the initial heat from planetary formation is enough for anything neat/complex to happen once they're cast into the void.

Are they full of sexy shapeshifting alien blobs like in that one episode of Star Trek: Enterprise?

Edit: wangus

Rudeboy Detective has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Dec 22, 2021

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The first tangible artifact of humanity that an extrasolar civilization will find is the "stellar vault" satellite of NFTs that Musk is going to come up with and cast into the void between the stars in the next few years.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYW7kkHyI4

UFO: the show

It has: anime hair, workplace sexual harassment, puppets, nepotism, explosions, and UFOs.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

That thing is gonna peep so many great cosmic horrors it's not even funny.

Look forward to chuds sprouting cordyceps from their heads because of this. Just wild to think about.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

jim webb alien peeper

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Was this one built by northrum grummop too? Such craftsmanship.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

First Neil came for our UFO sightings, now he guns for Santa Claus and the very reason for the season. I will not stand for this. I will not condone this. This is too far, and I will be heard.

NDT, you fool, look what you have wrought upon yourself! You absolute weener!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Bob Socko posted:

Interesting that it’s theologians, as opposed to sociologists.

Nepotism can look pretty weird sometimes.

Though, I think most corners of our society wouldn't have too much trouble folding the existence of tentacled space-pagans into their worldview. Lunatic evangelicals, though, are going to absolutely lose their poo poo and become so untethered that they float away.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

On my home planet the dread planet of gorgonax 7 the only faith we have is that for the great starglethax of zorthon. Should your "jim spider web peeper" device lay eyes upon her awesome and terrible visage your entire species will descend into madness.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I hope they have good stellaris civics :ohdear:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

lol if you think we can even begin to understand the motivations of beings capable of bridging the stars

framing it as "because they are way more advanced than us so they must be logical and above earth ideological nonsense" doesn't seem sound to me when we can't even figure out why they allowed 9/11 to happen

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

"well actually the only thing we're going to "ligma" (as the kids love to say lol) is probably antenna or tentacle because those are forms more likely to evolve in biospheres vastly different than the one here on earth" -neil the grass tyson foods

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Goku was an ET when you think about it.

Goku was also a semi-divine saviour too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Goku.

Edit: Goku meditated.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

In...deed?

Are we in the deed, or in need of a deed?

Edit: or in the act of deed?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Happy new solar rotation fellow adventurers. Nanu nanu!

Thanks for the rad thread for posting in and reading.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I've seen this movie before!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's a bird ship

-doo doo doo doo doooo-

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Ska doesn't run!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I live under an approach path for a big airport and let me tell you all

I sure have seen some airplanes

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

when will congress get on board with WAP disclosure

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

they reproduce by burying themselves as untapped fossil fuel reserves deep beneath the sands iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

there's the military ranks and then the secret ranks like "best bud" and "cool coffee guy"

it's the latter that really matters