Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

youd for i posted:

https://www.uaptheory.com/

This site has an interesting breakdown of that puerto rico video. It may have been posted earlier in this thread.

Edit: didn't see it posted on the last page, sorry

Made it through the whole thread with skepticism severely strained yet intact but this finally pinged me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

1956 posted:

Some of these UFO reports have been publicized, but many have not. Very little information pertaining to UFO's was withheld from the press—if the press knew of the occurrence of specific sightings. Our policy on releasing information was to answer only direct questions from the press. If the press didn't know about a given UFO incident, they naturally couldn't ask questions about it. Consequently such stories were never released. In other instances, when the particulars of a UFO sighting were released, they were only the bare facts about what was reported. Any additional information that might have been developed during later investigations and analyses was not released.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Zisky posted:

I like the AIR-2 Genie, which was an unguided
air to air rocket with a 1.5 kt warhead meant to be used against Soviet bombers.

Wtf. Were they expecting the Soviets to do mass daytime bomber raids or some poo poo??

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

OK baizuo posted:

Aliens should pay reparations to Earth for all the people they abducted. If they refuse it means they're racist speciest and it's okay to nuke them and take their tech

Big bong brain idea: the greys are all semi-sentient worker caste being used to abduct and examine what they think are also semi-sentient workers, because the leadership class have only ever talked to presidents and billionaires and took it on faith that ordinary people are a lesser lifeform because that's how it works on their greys' own planet. So they think of us the way we study bees in a hive - don't hurt the queen cause that would break the system, but individual workers are expendable so there's no harm in scooping one out to get a closer look. Otherwise why would those few individuals have half the planet's resources if they aren't a special caste vital to the system?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I hope to gently caress we're the only planet in the galaxy that invented capitalism and they're keeping us quarantined until it's cured. Ii would make me indescribably happy to find out it's a human disease and everyone else thinks we're crazy, I can't bear the idea that constantly buying and selling poo poo is common across the galaxy.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Overworked grey drone trudges into the supervisor's office after the latest abduction.

'We tried psychic probes, anal probes, brain probes, even talking to them directly. They all say the same thing: it's worth more because everyone thinks it's worth more and it definitely doesn't do anything useful, it's just always worth more...'

'I don't believe it, nobody could run a society that way. There MUST be a hidden reason, you just need to probe harder!'

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wheeee posted:

bob lazar was a peon checking radiation badges and actual employees would gently caress with him telling him crazy stories, and bob being a narcissist ran with it to create his own mythology imo

Hey he saw a hand-bone-measuring precursor to a retinal scanner or whatever (aliens can spoof retinal scanners but they can't get hands right!) and that turned out to be real so everything else he says must be fact.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Kinetic rods seem one thing that would be built in large numbers but hasn't been. They're a good way to blow up wedding to small town sized targets in non-peer countries without even a small unlikely chance of the missile/plane/drone being shot down, and no nuclear ickyness that brings the UFOs. A sustainable alternative! And think of all the sweet sweet booming industry grift from making the antisats and countermeasures and ews and whatever the gently caress else.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Australian report loving rules.

This is a good one for the big science brains havers:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Maybe we should sweep the solar system for someone else's confetti

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If the vastness of space isn't more entertaining than our thrashing and self-destruction I am not sure what the point of an infinite cosmos is

An ant colony cannibalising itself is not uninteresting.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

The US Space Force is developing the global system to identify potential "targets" up to 36,000km away, in areas of deep space where a lot of military satellites are positioned.
Wait since when are there military satellites 36,000 k's away and wtf are they for??

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

36km is geostationary orbit. not sure how much military hardware is that far out, but its believable target distance.

Whoa ok, I didn't realize it was that close. Orbits are loving massive! The article I guess predictably uses the term deep space completely wrong.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rah! posted:

what if aliens just get around with advanced astral projection, and humans are notable in that we haven't figured it out and keep trying to use these crazy machines to do everything, strapping ourselves to explosives and launching ourselves into space and poo poo lmao :sad:

Unironically this.

Also spending several centuries going down a fossil fuel blind alley, building big metal burny machines and destroying all life, when normal people are well into genetically engineered spacewhale cruising by now.

Mechanical technology and engineering are a dark mistake caused by human brain dysfunction, we should be living in coral houses pulling nutrients from the wall-sphincter or something.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Think Less posted:

Has this been posted yet? Pretty wild read, and I really want to know what was on the missing page of the CIA docs

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k9qag/how-to-escape-the-confines-of-time-and-space-according-to-the-cia

Edit: Nevermind lol, apparently it was found and the author wrote an update

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7e4g3/found-page-25-of-the-cias-gateway-report-on-astral-projection

Man spends months investigating a missing page from a CIA report on astral projection, finally it turns up and says astral projection is impossible without first knowing yourself. Gets told to do something he feels is right with this information, so he asks for people's personal accounts of AP and turns them into an NFT. Lmao.

What's the term for wanting aliens to be real and here but only so they can wipe us out? Like posadism in reverse.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This one gets me, it reads exactly like every half-remembered-at-a-bar-30-years-later IN THE 'NAAAMMM lrrp/soc story ever, it just happens to have bird content.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wheeee posted:

she definitely displays some narcissistic traits and behaviours but like, not in a deliberate or trying to grift kinda way, more in a subconsciously driven by a desperate need to be special way

She comes across like she's seen some lovecraftian poo poo and all of this is her shattered mind's attempt to reconcile it with normal life.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wheeee posted:

I am Ra. What do you mean I'm funny? What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

I'm ascendin heah

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I googled jetpack man and idgi what's the mystery? It's a guy with a jetpack

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ESP, precog, limited telepathy, these all fall under multiple intelligence theory for me. almost everyone starts with a foundation, nature/nurture happen, and you end up with your strengths and weaknesses. almost everyone has some level of access to these things, but very very few in the white western world actually end up cultivating them because their systems/institutions dont support that role within their communities.

I get the feeling the more you 'know' as in the more facts you have in your memory about what we perceive as reality, the more you think of that reality as being concrete and absolute, the more you get effectively locked out of esp, because esp is somehow tied into the imagining part of the brain and if you can't imagine fantastic things happening then they simply can't. Like how the precognition in dune effectively locks you into just one future and the key to changing said future is to not look in the first place. Basically engineer brain is not compatible with esp and perhaps it dampens the ability of others you interact with as well? So modern society surrounds you with tech 24/7 and there simply isn't the space.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So if you saw a bird and someone asked you to draw a picture what do you do

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blatman posted:

I love how I know so little about the subject matter on the last page or so that I can't tell which posts are purestrain shitpost and which ones aren't so i'm just taking everything at face value, bring on the fringe science my body is ready

All posts are one with the creator, let the poo poo ray fill your mind-body complex

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pontificating rear end posted:

the closest to zen we're gonna find

Visualize the dark entities as the ballsack spider boss

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

imagination is only valued by americans if its successfully capitalized on. if its put to paper it has potential value but is still largely distasteful. if i were to spend a set amount of time practicing imagining something each week and never told anyone what it was, that would be wasted time in my society.

imagination is treated like a tool but its a medium and not everything there is as transitory as the thoughts we finger paint it with.

Starting to think about those hunter gatherers with their 16 hours of leisure a day.

Starting to think about how every successive piece of civilizational progress has resulted in less leisure time for just about everyone involved except for an elite few.

Starting to think about what happens if you have eight billion prefrontal lobes spending 16 hours a day just thinking about stuff, especially if they were all thinking about the same thing.

Now where was that paper about the air gapped RNG's after 9/11?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

In 1998 or 1999 I saw a weird as poo poo ufo in Yorkshire, England.
I was driving back from Richmond with my parents through the countryside and we saw an immense, black pyramid. The edges were glowing green and I’d guess the size would be several hundred meters. It span around a fixed axis and moved in a kind of way akin to the bouncing DVD screensaver. It would spin maybe 80 degrees and “bounce” back in the other direction. To our left was a farmhouse and we could see another family stood watching it. At the time my parents speculated they must have had a projector or something and we continued driving. But looking back that’s pretty much impossible right? Even now could you project a massive laser show into the sky at home?

I’ve never seen reports of anything at all similar and it’s always really bugged me. I wish I could have taken a photo or even drawn it immediately or something. I’d love to know what it was.

Apologies if this is off topic now we’re doing the dream stuff, but I’ve spent the past couple of weeks reading this entire thread and hoping to find a similar description lol.

I can't help with your giant black pyramid but my big takeaway from this thread is the the UFO stuff and the metaphysical stuff aren't in the same bucket just cause woo crystal bullshit gravitates toward itself, but rather are causally linked somehow. The dream stuff and the UFO stuff are literally the same topic is what I'm saying.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jazerus posted:

i, uh, is there supposed to be something here other than a single paragraph?? i am not compelled

Yeah same, wtf

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My uncle works at AATIP

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nothing like a hastily typed shower thought by a random internet person to convince me the federation is here

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Step aside grifter Lue, time for the real experts to weigh: anonymous celebrity gossip bloggers

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

i feel like cdan post are best read in hindsight so you can go "oh gently caress" later on lmao

D-Pad posted:

Why don't you just give us examples of them being right so we are all familiar with their track record?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rah! posted:

honestly i want to believe it

i even vaguely remember someone linking cdan a few years ago during the me too stuff, i think

butt there's no sources or anything, its just some dude writing a couple sentences about anonymous people, on a weird looking website. Kinda hard to accept that as a good source, unless you've already seen a bunch of his blurbs get confirmed

This is literally how phony psychics work. Throw out some vague info, sprinkle in some verifiably true stuff, credulous rubes and confirmation bias do the rest.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

slavvy you never shared your thoughts on splatterpunks any thoughts on splatterpunks?

I'm reluctant to google wtf that even is

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Louis and the Mellonman were hard up for cash
Spending all night grifting UAP crash
Louis was a boy scout 'fore he got in the CIA
The undercover Mellonman wants disclosure today

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NASA are openly working on a quiet supersonic jet, hardly a big deal https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/features/how-nasa-will-measure-quiet-supersonic-flight.html

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What arbitrary non-logic led to it being 19+?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The idea that the US government can cover up something so fantastic for decades on end is, by far, the least plausible theory put forward itt.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

i am harry posted:

there’s some conversation here and in the Epstein thread about things like psychic stuff and magic and such.

does the topic of synchronicity, which I think really ties a lot of those feelings and experiences together, deserve its own thread?

Carl Jung coined the term after a patient described dreaming of a scarab beetle, and then one landed on the window of his office.

I personally have had an insane amount of experiences that aren’t insane in and of themselves, but are so mundane and yet almost impossible to occur that they become insane, and have contemplated starting a thread about it all since different things sometimes come up in these threads about this stuff.

I’d also really like to read other peoples’ stories.

Enjoy:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wheeee posted:

it’ll never stop being funny when someone new stumbles in and decides they’ve cracked it, fuckin us navy has been getting bamboozled by birds and flares for decades those dipshits

If we plot these statistically I reckon they'll happen with alarming regularity, like every 6-8 thread pages. Almost like everyone itt being starved for content manifests as a seemingly original thought in some dumbledore's brain and draws them here subconsciously :tinfoil:

The climate threads work the same way afaict.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Objurium posted:

One thing that bothers me a bunch working back through the OSS podcast abduction cases is the incredible prominence of bipedal humanoids when the abductee actually encounters the creatures presumably in control of the craft.

It seems supremely strange and improbable to me that anything like a hominid would arise organically on another fertile planet that then produces a technological society that travels the cosmos to wind up interacting with a less technically capable primate. If any of the abduction cases are accurate as recounted and not just the CIA dosing a town with LSD or whatever, I feel like it almost becomes way more probable that the entities involved are extra dimensional homies and not interstellar ones, but maybe at a certain point that's a distinction that doesn't matter.

:tinylue:

Or they're biomechanical drones designed to seem familiar to us dumb monkeys

Or they're not really there and are just induced hallucinations for similar reasons

Or the abductions don't actually happen inside a space ship or w/e and the whole thing is a monkey brain attempt to explain the incomprehensible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is there an English explanation of whatever the gently caress this is about?