Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
the Reddit comments are nuts about it being a bug… nah dude, that’s a bird if I ever seent one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

bird thread: hmm thousands of miles per hour underwater :hmmyes:

also bird thread: a barrel roll??? in a plane???????????????

real land of contrails

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Google Butt posted:

what's more likely, a perfectly executed Cessna barrel roll or a uap??? quit playing.

I’m certain of nothing other than them both being true

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Andy Pandy posted:

Interview with Kirkpatrick on ABC news tonight.

"Extraterrestrial 'technical supremacy' is a top concern, Pentagon UFO investigator says"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/extraterrestrial-technical-supremacy-top-concern-pentagon-ufo-investigator/story?id=101218299

quote:

Many reported phenomena are later attributed as likely balloons, drones, debris or animals, such as large birds, he said.

:hmmyes:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

the only issue I take with the distraction narrative rn is that as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem remotely necessary.

ime people reject that poo poo [climate doom, biosphere destruction, etc] out of hand just as easily as they’ll reject two pilots and an intelligence officer going in front of congress as cranks. I’m biased but I gotta say them three got the true believer stink on them that only comes with decadal bureaucrat careers meaning they believe what they’re doing and saying, even if it’s all unverifiable

the internet and r/NothingEverHappens have done a great job of successfully closing people off to any new information or concepts and it’s very funny

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

mags posted:

that’s the thing with the two pilots, they have evidence with them besides their eyewitness testimony. we have tons of UAP evidence, video, and multiple witness events (Brazil, Japan, DC). the pilots I believe saw what they said they saw and their testimony is far more compelling than grusch

no argument there, and whatever the deal is w/ grusch I can’t separate myself from the idea that whatever whistleblower paths exist for non-intelligence people in government are already effectively hypothetical, so whatever was going on there is hard to believe wasn’t vetted if not approved for release

all bread no aitee

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm surprised at the lack of general reaction to blocking the SCIF. That's a smoking gun surely.

it’s certainly not good news, but Congress could presumably create a work around. it’s their SCIF after all and if they treat it like a deposition and subpoena him to debrief on the subject that should cover the liability he’d have from NDAs. pretty sure they can rules lawyer their way into their own SCIF if they want to

It’s not insurmountable, so if it continues to be an issue then it’s letting a lot of air out of the balloon

also not a verifiable statement, I guess

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

citations needed did an episode recently on Havana syndrome and that was the first I heard anyone really going on about it being fake

I never paid much attention to it in the first place because it seemed unverifiable but I expect those guys and those that agree with them also agree that CFS and fibromyalgia are fake too right

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Turpitude posted:

'Fake' isnt the right word for fibromyalgia. More like a diagnosis of exclusion because they cannot figure out what is wrong with you. Plenty of sane people who have misc autoimmune or nerve issues end up under the fibromyalgia umbrella and it is not cool how doctors and random people judge people who suffer for years being accused of drug seeking etc.

With havana they are channeling paranoia from and about their actions as spooks into a fake illness. Their symptoms may be real but there is no evidence of the supposed long range headache beams. That poo poo is 100% spook paranoia and it is hilarious.

can’t see any parallels here

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

intel post was written by shimazu from gip who I believe still posts as Lt. Col. J. Krusinski who was himself a usaf Intel guy or something

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Hmm I never go in GIP but it would be interesting to get a goon with that background to come in here and give his thoughts on all this

to a degree that any of them with that background would likely comment I’d guess they’d conclude it was an op or bullshit (or a combination)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

what’s the backstory on the disclosure of this NROL capability and WSPRnet?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

hey I’m stupid as hell and don’t really pay attention to air disasters but how often do plane parts wash up after a crash

I guess to clarify my question: how many parts are buoyant enough to make the trek to a remote beach

would a flaperon float, is what I’m saying? also not a loaded question, I don’t actually know if some part of the construction lends to it doing the whole message in a bottle thing

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

flaperon isn't a real word

yeah okay but if I say aileron some nerd will teleport from zeta reticulum to own me

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

is this guy’s barnacle based analysis crank poo poo? can we get a goon marine biologist on the case???

https://sqr.ohw.mybluehost.me/2015/10/09/the-flaperon-flotation-riddle/

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Google Butt posted:

this is more of a reach than anything portal related

idk, maybe. I’m neither a barnacle expert nor a flaperon expert but I’ve spent a lot of time at sea and while I’ve seen some weird poo poo floating around thousands of miles from nowhere it’s always boring poo poo like mooring balls, buoys, errant shipping containers etc and it always shows the barnacle pattern.

I mostly think the vid is probably fake and have no solid opinion on the flaperon disposition beyond being generally inclined to doubt it would float for that long but who knows

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Mr. Barnesworth posted:

this MH370 business has me longing for the simpler times of balloon week

we are all just bored waiting for the next congressional thing. bring back tarot chat

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

I guess I’m mostly of the mind that if there are family members still trapped in 2014 so hard that they’re getting down on MH370 UFO poo poo, they’d be here with us anyway

but I agree it’s definitely too soon to talk about it

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Sleekly posted:

grief doesnt expire and for a case where theres no definitive knowledge it must be even worse not even feeling ok to mourn because that feels like giving up hope

i cant imagine how itd feel to be offered hope when you are shattered via various theories over the years in an online world but time would not dilute it. may even magnify it

that’s right

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

I’m okay with whenever really

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

the best argument is actually hand-wringing about hypothetical grief attached to the subject because of false hope attached to abduction scenarios

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

hmm I think that guy plays too many video games and think that video works the same way

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

the ndt brains are making a real push again, did something happen?

re: the earlier quote from/allegedly attributed to Comer: probably the most realistic end to all of this is that congress stonewalls it on the basis of reputation damage to DoD which probably sounds very funny to the average birder but ngl DoD takes itself and it’s image very seriously, even if that’s undeserved.

imo the worst crime you can do internal to DoD is that which embarrasses the organization and that they cannot walk away from, so no shock that they’d go hard on that. if that quote bears out, it’s also extremely telling about something being rotten in pentagon city

could someone do a tarot pull for me to ward off ndt types???

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

you have a question in mind or that you want to share ?

sure:

what can I/we do to help ndt types understand that while their standard of evidence differs, the problem as pointed out way upthread is a question of ego?

idk if that’s a good tarot question but it’s mine

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Because it's a problem of ego it cannot be dealt with frontally or it will be seen as an attempt to make them betray their own beliefs and values. It seems that only an authority they respect planting the seeds of doubt in them will result in them pausing, retreating and reevaluating their beliefs and corresponding framework of reality.

Basically we need the real NDT's help on this one

ty, extremely cool deck

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

No one knows what's going on or has it figured out welcome to the thread

I know what’s going on and figured it out, the secret is: it’s all real and it all owns

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

thank you, I've gotten into trying new stuff for canvases
this one was taking an old tshirt and soaking it in glue and gesso to harden it and the rest just happened

and here's this guy after today's work

this owns

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

drat man sabado gigante reboot wild as hell

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Speaking of nuclear power plants, I'm starting to think that Plant Hatch in Baxley, GA is the common denominator in the multitude of UFO sightings from family and acquaintances around the Altamaha River. My wife's mother and grandfather both had distinct sightings decades ago (multiple witnesses). My BiL's girlfriend has seen them. Her father has seen and recorded them. And now I've come across this guy who lives right off the Ohoopee River. He's posted a number of videos like this and is in talks with Ross Coulthart. Garry Nolan follows him on Twitter. He has some really far out stories too.

https://twitter.com/RangerH338/status/1676168443601768453?s=20

hell yea

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

in the night vision version they’re making some cool flashes, wonder what that’s about

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Am I remembering incorrectly or has Grusch always been very careful never to use the word "alien" or "extraterrestrial" ?

he says NHI a lot and iirc won’t touch ET/alien etc.

one of the reasons I find the op story plausible is that NHI sounds exactly like the kind of term that would survive intense scrutiny by general counsel and public affairs staffers to ensure no specific information or concept is confirmed

but that’s probably just my bias. it’s also what lends some credibility to him as well because he absolutely sounds like a guy who lived inside the system for 20 years

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

strongly interpreting the earlier pink dot rn

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

idk what’s going on at all other than “a lot of real weird poo poo in the highest halls of government”

I’ve never tied one specific hope or expectation to anything because you can only play chess w/ the devil and win if he can’t change the rules

I’m just along for the ride

it’s all real tho

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

the admiral there running his mouth should be pissing a lot of the mil nobles off — has anyone tried to discredit him yet?

otherwise what he’s saying about people staying [in their] lane because they’ll get shitcanned otherwise as well as how the powers and authorities flow from the President to DoD etc is accurate

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

let’s crank call ET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

I agree w/ nasa’s mission to kill the sun