Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you don't have time to get your knife out, you can rifle butt people with mmb. Useful in niche situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If you don't have time to get your knife out, you can rifle butt people with mmb. Useful in niche situations

I've had a lot of awkward rifle butting fights. you both suprise each other and miss and then whop whop whop

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I'd say the Moscow campaign is faster for getting to reasonable parity with the average player. 90% of the players will be on bolt action rifle. What you are really missing is the lack of engineer, which you can hit in an afternoon.

For T60, your cannon produce no shrapnel and needs multiple hits to destroy component so pay attention to the Xray graph to make sure you are hitting something worthwhile. Against Pz2 there's a couple places on the hull that's flat you can pen, and you can always go for the turret as long as you don't hit the gun mantle. Against anything else you have to go for side shot at flat angle. German ammo rack is usually just above the middle roadwheels.

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 21, 2021

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Being a German sniper on the Normandy map is one of the best stress relief things I've had in 2021.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mans posted:

Being a German sniper on the Normandy map is one of the best stress relief things I've had in 2021.

That map is really difficult as the allies if the german side is at all decent.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That map is really difficult as the allies if the german side is at all decent.

it honestly blows my mind that germans ever lose on it but they seem to very often

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How do I get better at pixel hunting because the time till death is so little and usually I’m getting popped by dudes I never see.

I guess this has been a growing problem for me since battlefield 3 as games have more shadows and become more complex looking.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
If you snipe out the MGs on the first couple points and focus on getting good rally points up (I focus more on getting them on a good flank over having them as close as possible) its really easy to win D-day as the allies. I have a radio squad with an engy and a sniper in it that I use as my first spawn on most maps and almost never lose on D-Day by doing that. Tanks are probably even better at clearing the MG nests id imagine.

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

buglord posted:

How do I get better at pixel hunting because the time till death is so little and usually I’m getting popped by dudes I never see.

I guess this has been a growing problem for me since battlefield 3 as games have more shadows and become more complex looking.

Check hills and other likely sniper spots, and watch for movement in the bushes. You'll also want to check for the tracer rounds coming in if they've not one hit you. Q and E are your friends in buildings to check rooms with just a portion of your body as well.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I dunno if its because my team just didn't go for the secondary objective balloons, but I feel like the new airfield map on normandy sucks

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

pedro0930 posted:

. Against Pz2 there's a couple places on the hull that's flat you can pen, and you can always go for the turret as long as you don't hit the gun mantle. Against anything else you have to go for side shot at flat angle. German ammo rack is usually just above the middle roadwheels.

Also the Pz2 effectively can't damage a T-60 from the front and has trouble from the side. While the T-60 can shoot through the Pz2's front, the T-60 also works against planes it's a pretty good starting tank.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

punishedkissinger posted:

If you have a premium account it's like 3-5 hours to get your starting squads setup to full manpower. at least that's my experience.

edit: VVVVVVVV this is all true as well. map awareness and good squad placement go a long way.

If you want help levelling join the discord and we can carry some matches for you!

Thanks, just hearing that it’s the single digit realm and double digit hours are largely out of the question puts my mind at ease. I am far from a head clicking god but I have definitely topped a few charts on battlefield games in my day so I’m not super worried about being able to acquit myself.

I’ll likely be around the discord end of this coming week or so to hang out.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I dunno if its because my team just didn't go for the secondary objective balloons, but I feel like the new airfield map on normandy sucks

The airfield map is really rough for the attackers, at the start there's way too little cover or easy avenues to advance, while the defenders have an easily defended hangar with lots of verticality to take cover and shoot from. The other new map in Moscow has the same problem to a lesser degree, with the forest giving just visual cover. I've resorted to driving tanks to open areas and waiting to get destroyed and turned into more cover.

Btw, does anyone have any tips on dealing with absolutely useless sniper teams? You know, the players who stick in one spot, never advancing on empty capture points or helping defend them, just plinking away at the enemy and restocking from their own personal ammo container. I've tried gently encouraging them with some friendly artillery support on their heads, to no avail.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Coolguye posted:

Thanks, just hearing that it’s the single digit realm and double digit hours are largely out of the question puts my mind at ease. I am far from a head clicking god but I have definitely topped a few charts on battlefield games in my day so I’m not super worried about being able to acquit myself.

I’ll likely be around the discord end of this coming week or so to hang out.

hell yeah! hop in and say hi.

Also, you get a 1.5x experience bonus for winning so it behooves you to play with all of us tryhards. Not to mention, you dont want to be one of the sorry bastards who has to fight us. Posigniat said if he was on the other team and had a match against us he would just quit and uninstall the game immediately.

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 23, 2021

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Flannelette posted:

Also the Pz2 effectively can't damage a T-60 from the front and has trouble from the side. While the T-60 can shoot through the Pz2's front, the T-60 also works against planes it's a pretty good starting tank.

You can shoot through the turret face, that's it. If you hit him first and kill the gunner, by the time you reload his driver will usually have moved into the turret and you can kill them both.

Pz2 is definitely one of the worst tanks in the game tho.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You can fly away on an airplane, so that's fun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lord Hypnostache posted:

The airfield map is really rough for the attackers, at the start there's way too little cover or easy avenues to advance, while the defenders have an easily defended hangar with lots of verticality to take cover and shoot from. The other new map in Moscow has the same problem to a lesser degree, with the forest giving just visual cover. I've resorted to driving tanks to open areas and waiting to get destroyed and turned into more cover.

Btw, does anyone have any tips on dealing with absolutely useless sniper teams? You know, the players who stick in one spot, never advancing on empty capture points or helping defend them, just plinking away at the enemy and restocking from their own personal ammo container. I've tried gently encouraging them with some friendly artillery support on their heads, to no avail.

I find the airfield map a 50/50. Its rough getting in but as soon as the allies set up good rallies you can't peek without getting murdered. That'll change once I start running constant bombardment arty squad again though.

Sniper teams are just part of playing any BF like game. People think the two or three kills they get every minute is as good as dumping a squad on a point and murdering everyone and its infuriating when I don't play with a full stack. I walked into a bunker, murdered 20 dudes and we still lost it because I was the only guy doing it, was really annoying. Did give me a newfound respect for the Breda .30 though.

Also I don't know if its just the lack of artillery and mortar spam, but holy gently caress the Berlin maps are so much more fun. Going through giant buildings with a ppsh will never get old. People also seem to use grenades more, I walked my squad into a hallway and we got hit by five grenades, which was hilarious.

E: I'd like to make an addendum to the earlier "You can compete at any level" thing.

This does not apply to tanks.

Later level tanks will unashamedly poo poo on lower level tanks. The M5A1 gets racked by pretty much any shot from a pzIII. The Jumbo will absolutely poo poo on the PZIII from the front, etc.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 26, 2021

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

punishedkissinger posted:

hell yeah! hop in and say hi.

Also, you get a 1.5x experience bonus for winning so it behooves you to play with all of us tryhards. Not to mention, you dont want to be one of the sorry bastards who has to fight us. Posigniat said if he was on the other team and had a match against us he would just quit and uninstall the game immediately.

Can confirm, playing with a competent team is the way to play this silly game. We're sitting at a 29/30 win loss right now and that loss was because we dicked around trying to snipe dudes.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Our W/L has to be higher than that. at least the games i've been in have been like 90% win.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

dogstile posted:

Sniper teams are just part of playing any BF like game. People think the two or three kills they get every minute is as good as dumping a squad on a point and murdering everyone and its infuriating when I don't play with a full stack.

I know :( I'm just looking for a suitably passive-aggressive way to let people know they're being useless

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So on the cap/defend maps, theres 1000 reinforcements for the attackers. Is it just one point per member of your squad that spawns? Like, if you use your basic infantry squad of 9 does it go down by 9 if you pick them?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So on the cap/defend maps, theres 1000 reinforcements for the attackers. Is it just one point per member of your squad that spawns? Like, if you use your basic infantry squad of 9 does it go down by 9 if you pick them?

Reddit says 1 ticket= 1 soldier. I have not confirmed this myself though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/nbu4md/does_1_ticket_1_soldier_if_so_is_it_more/

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I think I have a good handle on this game

We still lost because this map sucks. Moscow Campaign, Pokrovskoe City (Assault).
The first cap is a joke, the second one is almost impossible. And if you manage to get the second cap you're not going to have enough reinforcements for the last one.
Won this map maybe once or twice but it comes up all the time.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Malefitz posted:

I think I have a good handle on this game

We still lost because this map sucks. Moscow Campaign, Pokrovskoe City (Assault).
The first cap is a joke, the second one is almost impossible. And if you manage to get the second cap you're not going to have enough reinforcements for the last one.
Won this map maybe once or twice but it comes up all the time.

I love defending that map. It's pretty difficult for the bad guys to take C.

PPD go brrrrrttttt

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

The map itself is awesome, I really like it. I don't even think getting B or C individually is difficult, I personally find C even easier to take and hold alone. It's just whenever one is taken and your team tries to take the other one all the Russians flock to the one you already had.

I'm not sure what the issue exactly is with this map, maybe the Russian spawns are a bit too close? No idea. But to me it's the only map that feels "off".

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

In my experience I have no problem hiding a spawn near C. If the Germans dont have a strong hold on C its nearly impossible to hold B since you can easily cut down any reinforcements from inside C.

i wish they allowed both teams to attack/defend in every map.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Cant wait for berlin to fully unlock, I really dislike how open some of the maps are and it looks to be mainly city maps. Airfield and Swap are especially awful.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I dont mind the airfield map as long as you dont get a team of passive players. For the first time since map was released i had a game where the germans actually managed to take off in one of those biplanes.

E: Tried joining the discord linked to squad with goons but seems link is dead

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 28, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Had some guy get offended that I was using the mortar. Spent the entire game breaking my ammoboxes and trying to build sandbags on top of me while talking about how "i'm the problem with passive players in this game".

anyway I had 100 kills to his 3 so I guess yeah sure i'm the issue :v:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Mortaring was my jam in Battlefield 4, I should get to unlocking one, but I keep jumping around campaigns too much

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

TwatHammer posted:

I dont mind the airfield map as long as you dont get a team of passive players. For the first time since map was released i had a game where the germans actually managed to take off in one of those biplanes.

E: Tried joining the discord linked to squad with goons but seems link is dead

Sorry about that. I've updated the link to never expire.

https://discord.gg/54CEedv4kS

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, I was considering maybe getting a premium vehicle to mix things up a bit, but holy poo poo the monetization for that is crazy. They want the equivalent of 40 bucks for a single tank in a single faction in a single campaign :suicide:

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Not even sure if the Pz III M for the axis is any good either on the normandy campaign, still going to get loving slapped by any M4's rolling around.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah the Jumbo needs to be brought down a peg. I know i'm supposed to flank it but it can sit in the death area for me and still snipe through. At least let me shoot through the machine gun holes.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Funnily enough, I got murdered frontally by a Pz-4H, no idea where the gently caress he shot me but he was able to reliably do it and completely hosed me. Wish i knew where and how, would make my axis games against jumbos hella easier

Tried the tanks on the moscow campaign and man they're a league different.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

dogstile posted:

Yeah the Jumbo needs to be brought down a peg. I know i'm supposed to flank it but it can sit in the death area for me and still snipe through. At least let me shoot through the machine gun holes.

the problem with the pzIII is that it is absurdly good against the low tier american tanks but terrible against the jimbo

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Naval squads when?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
More like when is Berlin progression getting turned on?

I can't loving wait to be able to play more mostly indoors maps.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

dogstile posted:

More like when is Berlin progression getting turned on?

I can't loving wait to be able to play more mostly indoors maps.

Probably Friday.

https://enlisted.net/en/news/show/143-upgrades-to-the-battle-pass-in-enlisted-en/#!/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Aaand it's out! BOB is fun, I encourage everyone to try it.

https://enlisted.net/en/news/show/145/current/#!/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_lzK7x034k