Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nice, gonna peel myself away from chivalry to do some berlin. Think I'm gonna level Germans this time since I've done allies for the other campaigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Playing as the Germans kinda sucks because most of the time your team is actual bots vs full teams of actual allied players. Typically if i'm playing Germans i'm playing them in a 4 stack and even then all of us need to get around 50+ kills with multiple caps for it to be even close.

That being said, thank the lord they nerfed artillery into the ground. Now all they need to do is work on the radius of plane bombs because right now if the enemy team has a bomber they'll just repeatedly hit the point, killing you from inside buildings. We're hitting them with flak but even when we score multiple hits a lot of the bombers just shrug it off. I've moved over to using fighter planes to try and kill them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:laffo: of course they gave the Germans a Panther that can trivially bounce everything to its front hull. Very cool when one of those just shuts down one third of the map from within its spawn, and your only option is trying to pixel-hunt for vulnerable spots on its turret before it can casually blast you apart.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

IRL they got stuck in their spawns because the transmissions all failed

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
https://enlisted.net/en/news/show/150-operation-battle-summer-en/#!/

On July 9th at 13:00 GMT a new event window will appear in the lobby. All rewards are unlocked for completing the required number of tasks.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Thanks for the heads up, i'd given this game a break but this seems fun

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh dope, so there was a thread for this game after all.

gently caress bombers

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Nah bombers are cool and good, except when they're on my team and hog the aircraft slot and they're completely useless which is like 70% of the time.

Finally unlocked the lvl 2 gunner squad and consequently the MG34 for axis on moscow and oh my loving god this thing is a monster, deletes everything at any range with a 2-round burst and a shitzillion ammo thanks to the large ammo pouch.

Side note, I desperately hope that we get more robust squad command options soon, I'd really love to give individual soldiers orders like "go there and build a rally point" or "mortar this area until you run out of ammo" or "sit behind cover and stop dying you loving idiot". And maybe a bigger range on the order-cancel radius - can't count the number of times I've parked my guys in a house outside the cap zone, accidentally strayed a metre too far away and have them all tumble out of the building clown-car style and run directly into death.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
New update is out! https://enlisted.net/en/news/show/156-update-0-1-26-21-0-1-26-15-xbox-playstation-en/#!/

Enlisted Devs posted:

Greetings, soldiers! Welcome to the newest update, in which we introduce greater diversity in missions and continue to upgrade the AI soldiers. Missions in the ‘Invasion’ mode have been transformed, creating different route options and strategic points, so it’s time to learn some new tactics! Improvements include an improved interface that will make it easier to navigate the Campaign tab, new cards which will help you manage squads and their weaponry, and the ability to switch to any desired soldier of your squad, at any time, without cycling. We have also added the option to forgive squadmates for accidental kills in the ‘Lone Fighters’ mode. And, of course, we are fully focused on improving the AI: your soldiers will be better at following your orders, will react faster to close targets, and will be smarter when choosing their targets. These are just some of the things this update introduces, so let’s take a look at all the other changes.

The list of full changes:

Missions and locations

Added a new mission ‘Fortified district (Invasion)’ with different attack paths in the Moscow campaign.
Added new variable paths in missions Airfield (Invasion) in Normandy, Wilhelmstrasse (Invasion) in Berlin, Monastery (Invasion) and Forestry (Invasion) in the Moscow campaign.
Added new covers in missions Airfield (Invasion), The Kroll Opera House (Invasion), Monastery (Invasion and Conquest), and Fortified district (Invasion and Conquest).
Balance changes in Conquest mode missions: increased the amount of time needed to capture strategic points, and also changes to reinforcement numbers.

Graphics and Interface

Improved campaign window: added new progress indicator, squad cards, and weapons.
Added a pie-menu to select the soldier you are swapping to during a battle (by long pressing the ‘change soldier’ button).
Added a mid-screen message when leaving the battle area.
The targeting circle when controlling a cannon from the commander window is now smaller.
The damage indicators (which turn the sides of the screen red) will now be more informative, representing the amount of damage received.
Improved blood rendering on torn-off limbs.
Increased game performance.
Improved some light sources.

Gameplay and other changes

AI-soldiers will now react faster to new targets appearing in their view:

Improved the efficiency of AI soldiers over short distances. Now, close targets will be considered a priority.
AI-soldiers are now better at planning their movements and shooting, not making long stops outside of cover.
AI-soldiers now detect barbed wire better and try to bypass it when possible.
AI-soldiers are better at following orders and will consider highlighted targets a priority.
AI-soldiers will no longer try to shoot through burnt vehicles.

An option to forgive other players for occasional friendly fire has been added in the ‘Lone fighters’ mode. This option is available when clicking the player’s name in the player list during the battle.
In the Lone Fighters mode, the penalty for repeated attacks on the same allied player has been increased.
In the Lone Fighters mode, if a player respawns near an ally, they will have a 1 second immunity.
Light tank engines now have a larger zone to get damaged by flamethrowers or molotov cocktails.
Players no longer need to stop crawling when they want to aim. Aiming will automatically stop the crawling cycle.
Screenshots will now be saved as .PNG without any loss in quality.
Some currently unused resources have been removed from the game files.
HUD messaging about your achievements in battle can now be turned on or off in the settings.

Fixes

Fixed a bug which sometimes prevented players from throwing grenades.
Grenade will no longer be doubled when thrown.
You will no longer be able to set up mobile rally points in attics if they may result in soldiers spawning within solid objects.
The camera will no longer jump when mounting your weapon on bipods while prone.
Fixed a bug which would cause the crosshair to appear when operating a mortar.
Fixed a delay with doors opening when playing with high ping.
Fixed the incorrect effect of the ability to increase a soldiers' stamina.
Soldier appearance is no longer changed when upgrading equipment or weaponry.
Fixed some interface bugs causing incorrect text or icons.
In the Contacts menu, you will now see the correct number of friend invites, rejects and requests.
Fixed reflections that were too bright.
AI-soldiers in the Practice mode will no longer bump into sandbags.
In Practice mode (in Normandy) the missing gunner in the allied tank has been fixed.
In Practice mode (in Moscow) the training target has been changed from T-34 to T-50.

I'm really glad to see some AI squad improvements and the new variable-route invasion missions in particular. Oh, and the new method for swapping to specific squadmates, that's a godsend.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 20, 2021

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

definitely going to get back on with this with the new update. looks great!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The new Moscow invasion mission is insane. Just played a 48 minute match where we clutched the win with 48 tickets left. 181 kills, 325 assists, 14870 score before 1.5x win and premium bonus :getin:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Do you guys use grenade pouches for your bolt-action/semi-auto rifle-users, or do you take an ammo pouch? And if you take grenades, do you double up on smokes/explosive packs, or do you give them one of each? I've got a 100 or so bronze tickets waiting to get spent, and I've been wondering if it'll be more effective if every rifleman had a smoke grenade *and* an explosive, or if it's better to double up so I can just spam explosives once the smoke grenadier goes down.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I take large ammo packs for gunners and assaulters, grenade pouch for everyone else and pretty much exclusively run dynamite in every slot. I toss dynamite constantly, it's great. I've been toying around with having one person in the squad with a large backpack and 4 healthpacks and having them heal/revive me but the AI struggles to actually do it. This is Moscow campaign however, smoke probably has more application in Normandy and Berlin since there's more areas they can work well in.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah they should really make hand grenades 1 bronze order or something to make up for the fact that dynamite just does everything better. It clears rooms just fine, but also kills tanks. I'll always have them on my guys.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Enlisted Update 0.1.26.24 posted:

Fixed a bug which would allow players to kill allies with an air bomb in the ‘Squads’ mode.

Aww man that was the best part. Guess that means suicide divebombing is going to get worse lol

Speaking of planes, anyone got an opinion on the (Moscow) Bf 110 C-7 versus the Ju 87 R-2? Specifically the difference between 2x250kg and 1x500kg bombs, I already feel like the 250s oneshot any tank I bomb, or at the very least kill multiple crewmen with a miss, and regularly nuke multiple squads for 15+ kills per run. Does the 500kg make much of a difference? I'm close to unlocking the Ju 87 R-2 so I'm wondering if I should switch.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 21, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
500 is "I don't need to aim" territory.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Some of the new invasion paths have some interesting bugs, one such being that there's a few buildings in Vysokovo where small patches of the floor is fake and you can drop underneath it, letting you clip into the geometry and shoot through the floor, mowing down people coming in and they can't hit you even if they figure out where you are, even with grenades lmao

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

toasterwarrior posted:

Do you guys use grenade pouches for your bolt-action/semi-auto rifle-users, or do you take an ammo pouch? And if you take grenades, do you double up on smokes/explosive packs, or do you give them one of each? I've got a 100 or so bronze tickets waiting to get spent, and I've been wondering if it'll be more effective if every rifleman had a smoke grenade *and* an explosive, or if it's better to double up so I can just spam explosives once the smoke grenadier goes down.

I usually use 1 backpack (usually on a guy with +vitality) and 1 grenade pouch per squad, rest ammo bags. Not sure if it's really worth using backpacks and stuff over the large ammo pouches, double ammo is so good.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I seriously don't get why people don't build more rally points. Almost every non-vehicle squad can take an engie, yet more often than not I go the entire round being one of the few who bothers doing it. It's really frustrating on invasion defence maps because any semi-competent attacking team will just overrun the objective before defenders can get back and fortify. I get the whole "only score matters" mindset but hey if we WIN we get a 50% bonus and maaaaaybe that might offset getting a slightly lower score because you spent a minute swapping to an engie and throwing down a rally somewhere, literally anywhere.

That being said, I had one round where someone placed a spawn point in the ceiling of a 2-story house and it caused your entire squad to spawn in clipped into the ceiling all stacked on top of each other, with no escape other than suicide. So, be careful what you wish for I guess.

fake edit: They nerfed mortar some more by capping ammo replenishment, rip.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 22, 2021

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oh yeah, I prefer playing the engineer squad and have engineers in all my squads to ensure that there's at least one player in my team who builds spawn points :D

Also, I learned the hardway not to build/spawn at points on roofs and other hard to reach areas. They're good for the sniper team camping there, but everyone else is in trouble when the AI squaddies' pathfinding just breaks and they're stuck there.

Another trick I'm honestly quite surprised I haven't seen anyone else do, is to fill the bridge on the monastery invasion map with barbwire and hedgehogs. I'm starting to see people building hedgehogs on the earlier capture points to hinder tanks, but that bridge is one point that just absolutely stops any tanks from getting to the monastery.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I try to be pro-active about building rallies, but my issue with them (particularly in Normandy) is that sometimes I just can't find a spot that doesn't lead to them getting destroyed by some loving bomber or trigger-happy artillery after one spawn.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

yeah you definitely want them on the flanks and not behind the objective inside helps a lot too.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

nightwisher posted:

a slightly lower score because you spent a minute swapping to an engie and throwing down a rally somewhere, literally anywhere.

You actually get nice points income for building one. People just don't know to throw them out there I guess

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm sad they patched out the ability for me to break my allies dumbass rally's by throwing a nade at it.

So many people sticking the AI in a roof.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dogstile posted:

I'm sad they patched out the ability for me to break my allies dumbass rally's by throwing a nade at it.

So many people sticking the AI in a roof.

this pisses me off so bad. i get the ide but holy gently caress im trying to cap points not play COD

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I actually played a round a few hours ago where some sadistic arsehole kept putting down rally points but would cover them in barbed wire and place them out in the open, so spawning on them was a guaranteed massacre for the enemy team. In hindsight, an extremely good troll, but at the same time I could only hope that the offender's PC would explode from the sheer rage they caused our team.

edit: that reminds me, god I hate it when someone puts a rally point in a house and covers literally every exit with barbed wire, sandbags and tank traps. Good job soldier, now nobody can get out and that bomber just flew past and I hear a whistling noi-

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 27, 2021

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Pro tip since I'm usually the only person I see doing this,

If you have a machinegun or a flamethrower in your hands, you get a -10% speed debuff. Everything else you can have in your hands (rifle, smg, pistol, knife, grenade, etc) is neutral.

Except, if you have a landmine in your hands. Carrying a landmine gives you a +10% speed buff. So if you put a landmine on your main guys in a squad, you can take it out to sprint with. It helps you reach the point before anyone else. And if you put a machinegun away for your landmine that's a 20% move speed increase! This also stacks with any speed perks the trooper has.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

NickBlasta posted:

Except, if you have a landmine in your hands. Carrying a landmine gives you a +10% speed buff. So if you put a landmine on your main guys in a squad, you can take it out to sprint with. It helps you reach the point before anyone else. And if you put a machinegun away for your landmine that's a 20% move speed increase! This also stacks with any speed perks the trooper has.

This is like the stupidest and also best way to get me to buy landmines with my bronze tickets

But then again, what else am I spending them on :v:

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

https://enlisted.net/en/news/show/173-boosted-progress-and-custom-battle-rules-en/#!/

The logistics will be arranged simply and under one rule: the weapon you want to transfer from one campaign to another must be available in the campaign you are sending it to. As an example, an MG 34 can easily be sent from Moscow to Berlin.

Open the inventory, select the weapon you want and click "Transfer". The transfer of each item is paid in Bronze Weapon Orders and can be done both ways, in case you want to return a weapon that has already been sent.

The transferred weapons will appear in the inventory in the new campaign. Hand them out to your soldiers and off to battle!

Boosted Progress

Another nice bonus for soldiers ready for the new Enlisted campaigns! Now with the introduction of new campaigns in Enlisted during the OBT phase, active players will receive a temporary bonus to experience in the battles of the new campaign!

The first steps in the new theatres of war will become even easier.

Custom Lobby

Set your own battle rules with the new room creation mechanism. Choose your mode, location, available weapons, participating sides, and even create scenarios in an alternate history. How do you fancy a battle between the Americans and Germans on Hermann Goering Strasse?

You can also see the rooms created by other players, their settings, the number of participants, and you can even join the battle at any stage of the battle.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to be honest I was not expecting a lot for my gaijin entertainment game, but this has been pretty fun to play and especially considering it’s F2P. I mean I can totally see where all the monetization is plugged in to encourage you and such; but even if not buying anything it’s still drat fun and I love the scope and scale you get. That said they do need to figure out a way to make tanks better at spawning or just easier to move around, because they can feel kind of useless on certain maps.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Normandy hasn't ever been the most balanced campaign but holy poo poo adding the loving Panther to Axis has led to some of the worst stomps I've ever seen. The Jumbo Sherman was an issue, yes, but giving Axis a tank that's pretty much loving invulnerable to anything short of multiple suicide dynamite throws or direct bomb hits is ridiculous. Ver-sur-Mer's first invasion point is one of the worst I've ever seen in an FPS but I had a game where an enemy Panther just sat on top of the cliff with perfect vision on the entire attacking force and just sat there destroying everything while we could do gently caress all.

I think I've pretty much given up on high-level Normandy play because of it and a multitude of other factors (air dominance, Axis machinegunner spam, wide swathes of open fields with gently caress all cover), and if anything I find myself significantly more interested in just staying in Tunisia lol

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think the allies need like, 3 months of getting loving pounded by the Panther before it gets nerfed, mostly because the jumbo was dominant for so long.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

I am ready

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I keep meaning to get back into Enlisted but man so much has changed since I last booted up

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Every time i think about getting back into Enlisted I remember that it was mostly people sitting out of range in their end tier tank/bombing the point over and over again with end tier weapons and it just got really unfun due to all the explosion spam. So then I don't play it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So how impossible is it to get some basic shootmans fun out of this if i'm coming in now and refuse to spend any money at all?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShootaBoy posted:

So how impossible is it to get some basic shootmans fun out of this if i'm coming in now and refuse to spend any money at all?

Not too bad, now I did eventually get stuff, but I know it’s not too bad at all and it’s not like say you can’t get tags unless your premium or something. It’s pretty much the same model for a world of warships or world of tanks if I’m not mistaken.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You'll be doing a lot of bolt-action work for a while. Fortunately, bolt-action honestly feels real good in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

i'm not sure how i managed to do it, but i didn't notice/realize that this was gaijin until it was already done. id have gotten into this way earlier, war thunder was exactly the level of multiplayer that i want, i just got bored of planes after like 600~ hours and tanks weren't a thing yet. its a little annoying to have to buy each bit of kit, but orders seem to come in waves in such a way that a bit of saving up can let me do whole squad upgrades in one go, which feels very satisfying, just like the shooting.