Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The tinny battle music is REALLY noticeable though, considering how all the rest of the game’s music sounds normal. Hopefully someone sets up a fix soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not giving money to atlus and just playing this again on pcsx2 wins again. die atlus!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The tinny battle music is REALLY noticeable though, considering how all the rest of the game’s music sounds normal. Hopefully someone sets up a fix soon.

they didn't bother to fix the lovely translation of the game that outsold all their other games by a factor of 20 when they re-released that game with 10 minutes of new content for 60 dollars 4 years after it originally came out on the same system it was originally released for :twisted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The map packs are identical to the SMT4 xp/money maps. Just a zone to farm items. The xp items act the same way as well, with the rare ones automatically leveling you up no matter the cost

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook posted:

yeah i'm thinkin it won't be too long before someone has a mod to replace it. not like there aren't higher quality versions fuckin everywhere

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The map packs are identical to the SMT4 xp/money maps. Just a zone to farm items. The xp items act the same way as well, with the rare ones automatically leveling you up no matter the cost

go figure

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i doubt there'll be an official fix but iirc the remaster's all done in unity so it won't take too long for people to hack it to pieces

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm enjoying it even though the port is pretty rough since Nocturne is one of my favorite games of all time but the characters mouths stop moving midway through dialogue sometimes and it bugs me....

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just now learned after all these years that higher AGI makes you go faster in the tunnel minigame in the Labyrinth..what the gently caress

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

How's the VA? I thought the silent dialogue added to the atmosphere in the original.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I’m kind of okay with long load times in handheld mode, can’t explain why. This will be a good late summer patio game on the switch and will probably be $20-30 then.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Kins posted:

i doubt there'll be an official fix but iirc the remaster's all done in unity so it won't take too long for people to hack it to pieces

lol no wonder its a steaming turd

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I’ll buy it on Swinch.

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Big Bizness posted:

How's the VA? I thought the silent dialogue added to the atmosphere in the original.

I'm not a huge fan of Chiaki's voice but hopefully it changes as the game progresses

Other than that they've all been pretty drat good. Talking Gouto threw me for a loop lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_529R06DCg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the beginning of this game is so cool...can't wait to finally get more than a few hours in and experience the entire journey

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So is there ever really a reason to choose to NOT open containers when you see them? Or let demons level up/learn new powers? I don’t need a full Games post style walkthrough here I’m just curious

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
chests sometimes have better items if you open them during a full moon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

All mystic chests have a chance to have a rare item inside, but if you open them on a full moon you're guaranteed to get it. Only reason to stop a demon from changing a skill is if you already like their setup or need type coverage

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thanks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Demons get 8 skills max and active/passive ones take up the same slots, so you might want to save some resists/voids/repels that are on demons that aren't getting much use out of those skills to put on demons that you fuse that might have those weaknesses later. But really it's up to you with demons, you need to be more careful with deleting the main character's skills than them

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Magatama will sometimes react when you level up, I almost always let them since the benefits outweigh the cost of healing any curses. I've gotten 2 str ups already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About to fight Forneus. Cool visual of it just chillin in the hospital plaza windows like an RE1 shark

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hope the hypest jogging montage in gaming is intact in the remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXjxLUDq1Uc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing on PlayStation 2, so yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the intro video when you first boot up the game shows Dante, from the Devil May Cry series, before it shows a SMT demon I think lol.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dante is a demon

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Magatama will sometimes react when you level up, I almost always let them since the benefits outweigh the cost of healing any curses. I've gotten 2 str ups already

4/5 times I did this it just gave me some healing QQ

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i've been so hype to finally play this and now i'm drowning in work and have no time to game. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
all the voices just feel weird but they aren't bad... just not used to it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

all the voices just feel weird but they aren't bad... just not used to it

I didn’t play the original but I kinda understand how they clash with the dreamlike, ethereal, spiritually post-human vibe. No VA just seems like it fits more

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's super weird to fall back into this game like i've played it just a few weeks ago. The last time I played it was when I bought that stinky chinese ps2 controller years back.. like 2015 or so?? I've instinctively found the bird spot to level up quickly early on and already made the matador easy mode demon. I just want.... a few more skills first >.<

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My pixie friend turned into a high pixie. Look out Tokyo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

My pixie friend turned into a high pixie. Look out Tokyo

Haha blaze it :420: 😝

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Joshua890Smith/status/1396231306657239042

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that rules.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

holy poo poo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got it on Switch, gonna do raidou and go for true demon

My SMT shame is I never finished Nocturne lol. True demon should go for physical builds right? Do you start aiming for that right away?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got it on Switch, gonna do raidou and go for true demon

My SMT shame is I never finished Nocturne lol. True demon should go for physical builds right? Do you start aiming for that right away?

i got true demon on my first playthrough in highschool just by playing the game and not knowing anything, you will get it naturally by just doing everything... id say just play thriough how you normally would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
saw a link to a music mod today, don't have the game to check it myself so hopefully it doesn't suck butts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/nivfut/mod_release_smt3_nocturne_hd_hd_audio_for_hd_ears/