Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That Little Demon posted:

i got true demon on my first playthrough in highschool just by playing the game and not knowing anything, you will get it naturally by just doing everything... id say just play thriough how you normally would

cool will do, ptsd from Persona 4 where you would never ever get the true ending without multiple guides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got it on Switch, gonna do raidou and go for true demon

My SMT shame is I never finished Nocturne lol. True demon should go for physical builds right? Do you start aiming for that right away?

not really unless you're planning on playing it on hard from the get go. just equip your dude with freikugel or w/e the magatama at the end of the game is that has pierce ez pz. and then spend 20 hours menuing back and forth to get pierce to pass on to at least one of your end game damage dealer demons [unless you can select what skills you inherit now like in the new ones]

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Yeah you can choose which skills to inherit now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im levelling up magic and vitality .

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

every one else playing + seeing imps stream this but since i preordered the regular version it doesnt let me upgrade lol. i got owned

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

pog boyfriend posted:

every one else playing + seeing imps stream this but since i preordered the regular version it doesnt let me upgrade lol. i got owned

It’s almost time.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

you also got owned by paying 60 dollars to the scamartists at atlus for a unity game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

cool will do, ptsd from Persona 4 where you would never ever get the true ending without multiple guides

there's some hidden "Reason Points" calculated in the background but iirc all you have to do is complete amala before the final dungeon (as previously stated), even if you hit 10 points for an ending, doing that will override it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

at least that's how I think it works, it's been a few years

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

there's some hidden "Reason Points" calculated in the background but iirc all you have to do is complete amala before the final dungeon (as previously stated), even if you hit 10 points for an ending, doing that will override it

yeah, you have to finish the last kalpa before you enter the final dungeon, once you enter your ending is locked in iirc

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

at least that's how I think it works, it's been a few years

That’s pretty much it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

you also got owned by paying 60 dollars to the scamartists at atlus for a unity game

i paid 70 dollars

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

:slick:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i paid 70 dollars

lol this

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
trying to pwn me punk? actually i paid more. face to foot style. how'd you like it??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got my first game over bc an Angel in the wild landed a Hama on me. Looks like that's the end of the Demi-fiend's journey, good luck putting the world back together all

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i paid 70 dollars

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i paid 70 dollars

Hizke posted:

lol this

and my axe.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

trying to pwn me punk? actually i paid more. face to foot style. how'd you like it??

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol matador kicked my rear end pretty soundly

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

In Training posted:

lol matador kicked my rear end pretty soundly

hell yeah. Matador still got it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmfao that you need to do a hex edit to get actual 4k. It looks great now though

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Hizke posted:

My nipples look like milk duds.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:negative:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't remember dying but clearly I did.. wtf. Probably those masked monkey looking guys

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man I'm just in the hospital basement and not even to the actual gameplay yet but this game is so cool and moody. I played a TON of PS2 RPGs back in the day, but I can't believe I skipped this.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
ended up over preparing for matador due to ptsd and instead of debuffing, i just raised my own party hit/evasion and he didn't use any physical attacks on me, just magic.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got closer on my second attempt and then he landed 2 crits in a row with the all physical move and I couldn't fuckin DO nothing I swear was blocking!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

labyrinth of amala is cool, like a smt1 dungeon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i installed the uncompressed music files and it's so much better god drat. and jesus christ atlus would it have killed you to do that yourselves

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
got the demi fiend steam card off the bat

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
does lowering enemy accuracy affect insta spells like mudo and poo poo, because I spent like 8 turns maxing out my party's dodge and minimising a boss's accuracy and then he just cast mamudo and I got an instant gameover

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

CountryMatters posted:

does lowering enemy accuracy affect insta spells like mudo and poo poo, because I spent like 8 turns maxing out my party's dodge and minimising a boss's accuracy and then he just cast mamudo and I got an instant gameover

It does, you must've just been very unlucky

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The Milkman posted:

got the demi fiend steam card off the bat

God this is sick

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

CountryMatters posted:

lmfao but also rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

If I've never played this before is the remaster worth getting?