Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

ugh that's such a good price but I prefer digital and I'm holding out for the theoretical improved rerelease

It’s not happening. Buy it now!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

bees x1000 posted:

ugh that's such a good price but I prefer digital and I'm holding out for the theoretical improved rerelease

that is why you fail

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

Buy it now and buy a theoretical improved rerelease when that comes out too

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Getting that boxed set of uncompressed music has been a wild ride

first they charged a token amount for the pre-order, and my card got suspended for suspicious activity

then on the day of release they charged the full amount and my card got suspended a second time

finally I got it today but the deliverer seemed to have no idea if I paid customs on it or not so I had to take it back to the post office myself to pay duties on it

the music is good though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

this dungeon is loving rear end!!!!!!!

ive been stuck in this wind maze forever. i pick it up and run in circles in the 3rd strata until I get pissed and give up. i will break through at this tattoo parlor, pain guide me

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

literally just figured it out imp zone magic LFG

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wonder when the next smt game is gonna be...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

ive been stuck in this wind maze forever. i pick it up and run in circles in the 3rd strata until I get pissed and give up. i will break through at this tattoo parlor, pain guide me

lol what?? Bob getting a stretched aspect ratio castlevania screenshot tattooed on his rear end while screaming at his switch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol what?? Bob getting a stretched aspect ratio castlevania screenshot tattooed on his rear end while screaming at his switch

Lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Wonder when the next smt game is gonna be...

I really thought we'd be getting a SMTV: Apocalypse for some reason

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
are there are good smt shows. i was watching a mini movie that was maybe like 45 minutes where a guy was having sex with a computer and summoned some evil poo poo and he had to go kill it. it was really loving cool. is there naything else like that? smt has one of the dopest worlds..

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

insane anime posted:

are there are good smt shows. i was watching a mini movie that was maybe like 45 minutes where a guy was having sex with a computer and summoned some evil poo poo and he had to go kill it. it was really loving cool. is there naything else like that? smt has one of the dopest worlds..

it was this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYI_YmxBfv4&t=464s

----------------

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

insane anime posted:

there's a raidou manga that's good. the only other media is all persona poo poo

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mbt posted:

im not going to read a manga lol. i have a wife and kids dude

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mbt posted:

apparently theres a live action thing that was like 2 seasons? looks decent

----------------

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

insane anime posted:

i was watching a mini movie that was maybe like 45 minutes where a guy was having sex with a computer and summoned some evil poo poo

the jeffrey of yospos story

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Something called SMTV: Vengeance showed up in one of the ratings boards so we may be getting a side game or enhanced edition

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The description said it’s a “complete edition of Shin Megami Tensei V with improvements and additional content.” I guess it depends on how substantial the additional content is, assuming it’s not something really big like the new content in Persona 5 Royal compared to base P5 that sounds a lot like the kind of thing they put out when a previously-exclusive game comes to other consoles, like Dragon Quest XI S, for example. Thats just me speculating of course but it would be hype to play it again higher res and with better frame rate on pc, even before thinking about the new content.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

ahhhh YEAH I’ve been waiting years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Would be disappointed if it's basically the port they shoulda put out like 2 years ago but hell. I'll probably play it again on the Cinco in 60 frames.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll take more SMTV sure. Hopefully it comes to gamepass since I already paid an absurd amount for the omega version and I'd rather not buy it again

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

Would be disappointed if it's basically the port they shoulda put out like 2 years ago but hell. I'll probably play it again on the Cinco in 60 frames.

i can't believe it came out in 2021. it's taken too long for them to put a port out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8UmNSghMg

Still don't know if this is DLC or a rerelease but it's coming to all platforms

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It has the patented smt 2nd release girl so I'm going with it's a rerelease + new content

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

It has the patented smt 2nd release girl so I'm going with it's a rerelease + new content

lol very true

there's also a live event happening on that channel rn

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 21, 2024

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol very true

there's also a live event happening on that channel rn

Just saw a Heehobino lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Just saw a Heehobino lol

lol yeah

Well I didn't understand any of that but there was a mention of having a switch save file, so I hope it's nothing special so I'm not tied to the switch version

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance: Forge your path through a post-apocalyptic world in this definitive version of Shin Megami Tensei V. Two complete story paths await, including a brand-new storyline with new locations and demons, and where your choices will determine the fate of all existence. Navigate conflicting and tragic moral decisions and confront a dramatic tale of revenge or explore the original Shin Megami Tensei V saga. Which path will you choose? Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance launches on Nintendo Switch June 21.

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/live/P4pcUK6_-dg?si=zqTzEdCYMcvf9p8D

Subtitles here starting at about 8 minutes. Time to slack off at work

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can swap 3 compendium demons into the new game with a switch save file, uhh okay thank god lmao

Also new lvl cap of 150 sounds insane

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I would like to put this on my Steam wishlist now, please

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This should probably have come out 2 years ago, but hell, I'll slurp it down like a greedy big anyway. I hope there's more than one dungeon now and that any new ones are good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Apparently at the start of the game you’ll pick if you want to play the original story or the new one, the new one will be similar to the old one at first and kind of built on the same bones but will start diverging more and more starting in the middle of the game, and then there will be totally different endings for each path. Badass, more than just a dlc chapter by the sound of it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Well you choose the original or vengeance story at the start of the game and they mentioned vengeance will have major changes in the mid and late game as well as a new dungeon/area.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beaten.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wonder what the midpoint pivot is. I don't remember the story much at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe after your class mate gets abducted and you kill the tentacle guy. In my mind that's halfway through

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Maybe after your class mate gets abducted and you kill the tentacle guy. In my mind that's halfway through

I’ll bet this is it, since the whole thing is apparently going to be a revenge plot, the part where demons enter the real world and attack the protagonist’s classmates seems like the easiest place to start changing things to get your character motivated for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

Apparently at the start of the game you’ll pick if you want to play the original story or the new one, the new one will be similar to the old one at first and kind of built on the same bones but will start diverging more and more starting in the middle of the game, and then there will be totally different endings for each path. Badass, more than just a dlc chapter by the sound of it.

tjaml god lol, i loved 5 but the story didnt fuckin exist. hopefully this is better