Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's actually kinda bonkers to have 2 entire games together lol. If it's your first time playing SMTV I have to imagine you'd be playing for like 140 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SMTV barely had a main plot but what it did have was a lot of interesting side stories involving individual demons or groups of demons which was a nice change of pace imo. Great side quest game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

SMTV barely had a main plot but what it did have was a lot of interesting side stories involving individual demons or groups of demons which was a nice change of pace imo. Great side quest game

Yeah, Apocalypse was the same

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

a lot of thaht largely explained or fed into the main conflict anyway. i liked the way it did that stuff + its focus on demons/deities/religions over humans to the point the ones in tokyo were literal npcs and ur classmates were turned into puppets was cool as hell

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

playing this at (assumed) not sub-30 fps is gonna own. ty atlus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

playing this at (assumed) not sub-30 fps is gonna own. ty atlus

The port will run at 10fps to hold all the new content + overclock the game engine to support 50 extra levels.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The port will run at 10fps to hold all the new content + overclock the game engine to support 50 extra levels.

This. And we're thankful for it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

thats cool

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wonder what the midpoint pivot is. I don't remember the story much at all

only thing i remember is you have to go against like 5 gods from mythology who are trying to take down the good Christian God

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

In Training posted:

Maybe after your class mate gets abducted and you kill the tentacle guy. In my mind that's halfway through

tjat feels early as shnit

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane anime posted:

tjat feels early as shnit

I thought so too but idk

Someone said there's new stuff in the old storyline to see too, so I might go full autism and spend 150 hours playing this game depending if that's true or not

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I thought so too but idk

Someone said there's new stuff in the old storyline to see too, so I might go full autism and spend 150 hours playing this game depending if that's true or not

I wish the ng+ was as good as strange journeys where you could specifically pick what carries over. I don't want to be level 100 but I also don't want to redo everything completely. strange journey rules

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

smtv kind of does tho it has the mode thats just all your compendium etc and miracles but sets you back to lvl 1 w no items. not as good as sj but most of them only have the fully op option

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only played like 5 hours of SMTV for some reason. The ADHD gamer stays winning

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Feel like I beta tested SMTV watching this new preview lol. Game looks crazy expanded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjEDe31lkE

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Feel like I beta tested SMTV watching this new preview lol. Game looks crazy expanded

poo poo that looks way better lol. hopin the writng doesnt suck, that was my problem with 5

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

They’re not fooling me again. I’ll just replay 4 and 4a tyvm.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

que sera sera posted:

They’re not fooling me again. I’ll just replay 4 and 4a tyvm.

As someone who just finished a replay of 4.. yeah maybe lol

4 has aged like a fine wine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna wait and see.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They've successfully tricked me. I'll buy it at a high price.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

poo poo that looks way better lol. hopin the writng doesnt suck, that was my problem with 5

I don't think Atlus have a single competent writer any more but I can make my peace with that, this looks great

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

:hai:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mastema spotted. i will be buying two copies.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

day 1, just h ope they didnt get the wrong message and are making the human characters talk tons. only want to haer from demons and deities

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope I can date both of my little sisters

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I hope I can date both of my little sisters

SMTV: Fates: Conquest

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Evil Eagle posted:

whoa lol exactly. drat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjEDe31lkE&t=148s <-- this part freaked me out 2) it looks like they nerfed the snake womans looks?

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wzYcVG7owQ

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTipKec6Jno

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

thats why hes the goat man lol

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
W O R L D . R E C O R D ##

LUCIFER MURDERD IN 3 MINTUES HAHAHAHAAAA

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

N O C T U R N E

- True Demon Ending -

Team who mudredrd him:

• SMT: Nocturne - MAH ULTIMATE DEMON TEAM

WORLD RECORD TIMES AGAIN BITCHES HAHAHA. OH YEAS THIS IS NOW FOR SHIN MEGAMI TESNI: NOCTURNE. THIS IS LSITERALLY THE MOST DIFICUCLT SMT GAME EVERY MADE AND THAT CANNOT BE ARGUEED ALTHOUGH I"M SURE IT WILL WITHIN VARIOUS YOUTUBE COMMENTS. THE TULTIMATE BOSS IN THE GAME--LUCIFER--ON HARD MODE IS SHOWN TO YOU HERE KILLED IN 3* MINUTES B O O Y A. IN CASE YOU WERE WANDONERING WHICH YOU WERE--YES, THIS IS THE WORLDWISE RECORD ARCHIEVEMENT (IN THE WORLD)

Before 300 million idiots start posting comments like "HUR I"VE SEEN LUCI KILELD IN LIKE 1 MINUTE--THIS ISN"T THE WORLD RECORD!!!!!!", let me responds:

POST LINK TO VIDEO OR SHUT THE FARK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 凸[◣_◢]凸

WORLD

WISE

FREAKING

RECORD

*actual time = 3 min 10 sec

######################################

WE DID IT! WE FFREAKING DID IT. THE WORLD RECORD!!!!!! WOU"DN"T BE HERE AT THIS POINT WITHUOT MY GO*DA*M PERSONA BROS. BIG FARKING SHOUT OUTS TO LL MY NIGGAS:

Melon Bread

Brendle

Cool Buff Man

Dinosaur Jerk

Dans

Lain Wave

SexHaver1981

Mrs. Badcrumble

Ozz Factor

The Young Homer

Capnpayne

NOTSKORN

German Joey

microfetus

Fairport

S E M P E R . G A M E S

Night Crew bi0tch

----------------

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

insane anime posted:

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

N O C T U R N E

- True Demon Ending -

Team who mudredrd him:

WORLD RECORD TIMES AGAIN BITCHES HAHAHA. OH YEAS THIS IS NOW FOR SHIN MEGAMI TESNI: NOCTURNE. THIS IS LSITERALLY THE MOST DIFICUCLT SMT GAME EVERY MADE AND THAT CANNOT BE ARGUEED ALTHOUGH I"M SURE IT WILL WITHIN VARIOUS YOUTUBE COMMENTS. THE TULTIMATE BOSS IN THE GAME--LUCIFER--ON HARD MODE IS SHOWN TO YOU HERE KILLED IN 3* MINUTES B O O Y A. IN CASE YOU WERE WANDONERING WHICH YOU WERE--YES, THIS IS THE WORLDWISE RECORD ARCHIEVEMENT (IN THE WORLD)

Before 300 million idiots start posting comments like "HUR I"VE SEEN LUCI KILELD IN LIKE 1 MINUTE--THIS ISN"T THE WORLD RECORD!!!!!!", let me responds:

WORLD

WISE

FREAKING

RECORD

WE DID IT! WE FFREAKING DID IT. THE WORLD RECORD!!!!!! WOU"DN"T BE HERE AT THIS POINT WITHUOT MY GO*DA*M PERSONA BROS. BIG FARKING SHOUT OUTS TO LL MY NIGGAS:

Melon Bread

Brendle

Cool Buff Man

Dinosaur Jerk

Dans

Lain Wave

SexHaver1981

Mrs. Badcrumble

Ozz Factor

The Young Homer

Capnpayne

NOTSKORN

German Joey

microfetus

Fairport

S E M P E R . G A M E S

Night Crew bi0tch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

N O C T U R N E

- True Demon Ending -

Team who mudredrd him:

WORLD

WISE

FREAKING

RECORD

Melon Bread

Brendle

Cool Buff Man

Dinosaur Jerk

Dans

Lain Wave

SexHaver1981

Mrs. Badcrumble

Ozz Factor

The Young Homer

Capnpayne

NOTSKORN

German Joey

microfetus

Fairport

S E M P E R . G A M E S

Night Crew bi0tch

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

why i been trying to tell yall not to gently caress w/night crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)