Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Those thieves Moxley and Kingston need to be arrested immediately. Grand theft is not a joke, no matter what your video games may say. Then they need to atone, and follow the lead of the bucks, Christian AF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vandar posted:

The main event ruled.

The Blondes got screwed. :argh:

Julia is great and I'm glad they seem to be high on her, because putting her with the Blondes was a great idea and I think that was the last bit of the puzzle they really needed to click together.

Deeb / Velvet was fan-loving-tastic.

She is the element that brings the whole faction together. Like bunny she elevates the whole thing just by being there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I don't want Mox and Kingston to win; I imagined some other "official" team would get the rub from beating the Bucks later on.

Jax and Yoshitatsu will be managed by Billy Gunn and take the titles as the new bullet club hunters.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m so happy Eddie Kingston is a title contender on TV. Go kill the Bucks King.

The Bucks are gonna put him out to pasture. That training job in NXT is still waiting though :smug:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Twin Peaks: The Return ruled

One one nine. One one nine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Max's entire thing is crossing lines. The Renee jab, for instance. Max has two write at least two, sometimes three of these every week, too. So he's walking a razors edge where he needs to do something that will offend the opponent and is edgy but isn't over a line on a societal level, has to be funny, has to be specific to whoever he's facing that week, and he's got a couple days at most to write them. I think that is a big reason he often goes for cheap jokes in them, and doesn't always hit the mark on the whole finding the line thing, while his longer more produced stuff has none of those issues. He's a human being working under time crunch with really difficult restraints. But nah, let's instead all just assume the absolute worst about the guy who in his free time does message songs about gay rights and suicide prevention.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spears as an insecure psychopath who takes everything as a personal slight against him and reacts... Poorly... Is the best idea they've had for him since he showed up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cams posted:

the biggest problem with the miro/lance short promo segment was that, after miro thanked jesus christ for making him big and strong, lance archer did not come out and tell him that jesus christ actually made HIM the biggest and the strongest

Lance should have thanked Satan for sending another delusional believer into his den.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

here's the problem with eddie and mox being "wild thing": tone loc "wild thing" exists and is better

He's even more problematic then Castor. The forum would explode if they paid the man who wrote Funky Cold Medina!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vandar posted:

Someone post the TNA parodies please.

Requesting the all Star one.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

All Deeb has needed for a while now is a character. And a no nonsense woman who will viciously take you apart piece by piece, limb by limb, like she's trying to really rub a match of No Mercy or something is fantastic for her.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh my God I've never heard anyone actually try to sing it to the real song before lmao

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It would be weird if they filmed a TV show the airs on Friday before the one that airs on Wednesday. They wouldn't be able to reference anything the happened on Dynamite on Rampage because it wouldn't have happened for the live crowd yet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

wouldnt hurt her a bit. having those abs and being a mom just makes her more impressive

The abs helped in child birth. Just flexing the right way shoots the baby out like a drat canon. No one ever tried it before Jade, she's a genius.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

With two more days to wait until Dynamite I can only imagine the arguments in here by Thursday evening

Cavauro will be the last person alive in here.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

nobody can replace anna jay

Who?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also there's plenty of connective tissue before the formation. Spears and MJF were on screen gambling buddies for months. Tully is tied to Spears and FTR. It's very obvious how the connection happened.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't think Omega ever poo poo in anyone's bag either.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bucks are keeping the belts until best friends or Lucha Bros take them, then those two feud.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Grem posted:

I'm concerned because I have all of the same beach gear Nick Jackson does.

It means you're super cool.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Kenny is going to have a two-year long reign, lose it and then immediately retire from wrestling.

Real theory: I think this might actually be what happens with the Bucks. They've said a lot that they plan on retiring way sooner than people think, so I honestly wonder if this bullet club reunion is like, a victory lap and then they're done.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Bucks are going to retire first, but I genuinely think The Elite is done and gone as soon as they get this title reign done, just so that people aren't waiting for that shoe to drop forever. Like, Kenny might stick around for some reason, but dude is going to go into the sunset and scrap and claw with TBS for tv time for the joshi become a full time suit.

I think Kenny retries against Kota. I don't think it's too far in the future either though, just maybe not right at the end of this run.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

I'm down if Mox/Kingston retire the Bucks. I'd even allow a couple Terry Funk retirements where the Mox/Kingston retire them again and again.

There's zero chance Mox/Kingston even win this match let alone retrie anyone here. It's gonna be in the future and it's gonna be to Private Party or Top Flight or another up and coming spiritual successor team. Passing the torch in that manner is a total bucks move, I feel.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

of loving course cody has a master chief helmet in his room

Is it the one that came with Halo 3? Cause I still got that too.

Also I expected Uno to be bald for whatever reason. Like shaved head bald, not Nick Jackson bald.

E: It's absolutely the helmet that came with 3.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Kenny is 37 years old, so unless he's a lot more busted than he lets on he should have a good five to ten years left in him. In other words, unless he really wants to sit at home and play video games for the rest of his life I think we'll be seeing him wrestle in some capacity for a while yet.

I know for sure the bucks have said as much as they are going to retire young, but I'm unsure if Kenny was on the record as being in the same boat.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I understand the leaving the money on the table when you can still go thing, but the bucks and Kenny are EVPs of a major company now in addition to at least the Bucks being millionaires just from their merch. They also have very strong "get security for our families then spend as much time as possible with them" energy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cody and Darby have also said that they want to retire young, and I assume they're not going to either.

Darby will because he's going to have to. Cody is a lifer.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dwayne will probably be president around that time with the trajectory the US is on so it'll be wrestlers holding every level of office.

Cesaro for UN Secretary General

I don't think the Rock really runs. He seems to well balanced and sane to want to be president, which is something only total lunatics or monsters are actually desirous of, which is why no one who wants the job should be allowed to have it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Just make Politics Cody AEW’s version of Hollywood Rock. Cutting pretape heel promos from backstage at a rally 15 people are attending

They did this on BTE already a couple years ago. He did a fake Senate run.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The way he was selling it, I bet he goes with "what could I have possibly done other than get my rear end kicked?" as his reasoning.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm glad Shida finally has a good shirt.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Mox would play Full Throttle but never get out out of the bar at the beginning.

Didn't know I was Mox. Just kidding, I could get to the water tower then had no idea what to do. I was somehow able to beat Kings Quest 2 though...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Heel Deeb is going to lift Riho above her head and rip her in half like the incredible hulk.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

Riho met with Corgan's people, several bloody noses later, she got a title shot.

Someone should do a thing where they kidnap one of the other smashing pumpkins and refuse to set them free if they don't get a title shot. Just like, Slice Boogie holding James Iha by his wrist off of a roof.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

D'Arcy should lead an invading faction on NWA

What's Zwan doing in the Powerrrrr zone?!?!?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

Some good shirts today. Shida's is probably the standout but I loving love this old-school design on the Pinnacle shirt.

https://www.shopaew.com/pinnacle-always-on-top.html

Can't get down with this philosophy. Sometimes it's better to let the other person be on top.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I put the wrestling thing along with all my other faults right out on front street on a first date. If they have a problem with any of that poo poo I don't wanna date them anyway. Yes, I'm single.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've always liked Eric as an on screen character so I'm fine with him showing up in AEW to look like a smug rear end in a top hat every few months.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thank Christ it was not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

For a second I thought he had ALF on a leash there. That's also my favorite Korn song.