Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Acclaimed: ones a rapper. The other is the rapper’s friend.

Genuine lol from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Is Caster's rap the thing people are going to be weird about this week? I just want to make sure i'm up on "AEW weird posting" for this week's discussion thread.

I hope Caster's openly gay tag partner and friend is okay with the "Valentines" line. I hope he isn't hurt.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Things I liked (That was not the BASTARD Caster's rap)

- This version of Wild Thing is so much better
- The Pinnacle promo was great. I like that Spears is leaning into the boiling heat of not amounting to anything yet and it's making him insane.
- That women's match was TIGHT and like that Deeb is going for more of an aggressive heel style now.
- I cannot wait for Archer vs Miro, and them both knowing they are just killer monsters.
- OC sllllooooowwwwlllyyy tearing the contract and Don's face the whole time he does it.
- "The human urinal, Don Callis."
- Julie with the Varsity Blondes is the thing that makes this team finally completely click.

and also pretty much everything else. I'm a weirdo who likes good wrestler promos, and making the show a good mix of fightin' and talkin' works very well with me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
oh yeah, and Wardlow downing a whole bottle of wine in one go was pretty funny.

and seeing Dean Malenko and Jericho on screen together was nice.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

explosivo posted:

Tully throwing the wad of cash to the waiter as they continued the promo afterwards was just so good.

Which make Tully the first Boomer I have ever seen tip well.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
If Archer wins the belt off Miro, I can only imagine how unhinged Miro would be. And that would be great.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe by the end of the match they'll understand the importance of friendship and sharing and be the inaugural TBS Hearts of Joy Co-Champions. The belt is extended so that both can wear it at once.

make it like a heart necklace where they each get one side and can combine it when they are together to show they are BFFs

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Spears as an insecure psychopath who takes everything as a personal slight against him and reacts... Poorly... Is the best idea they've had for him since he showed up.

Does he post here?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I know I am alone on this, But Ogogo is still just not working for me at all. Not as a person; he seems like a good dude, but in the ring.

This weird America/Britain feud is dumb, and I am still not sold on his Tummy Punches. Like, I know in real life that a punch like that would hurt and wreck my poo poo, but on a show where people are thrown off cages, have their legs crushed with steal chairs, and then put through tables, a punch to to tum tum doesn't impress me. People kick out of power bombs, piledrivers, and slams onto a stack of steal chairs, but one Belly Boop makes people's inside explode, it seems.

I know that's just me and my weird hang up and suspension of disbelief and all, but still, every segment he is in leaves me so cold. It doesn't help that he hasn't actually...you know, wrestled yet, but we are still going to get an overly long Cody match out of it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Rarity posted:

There's 6 of them

The waiter was Envy

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

heel turn posted:

Someone post the Max Caster "I'm a virgin" video again

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARjATg_JghU

There was a time, when The Acclaimed first started, that I found them to be kinda lame. I was wrong. Very wrong. I can admit that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Next Wednesday is going to be weird without Dynamite

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pylons posted:

So I guess with Rampage's announcement we have a good idea of the format of Dark and Elevation after the pandemic. Elevation is probably going to be taped before Rampage and it'll be longer than Dark because nobody is going to buy tickets to a one hour wrestling show.

I was under the impression Rampage will be filmed before Dynamite. But I don't think we know anything solid yet.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

jesus WEP posted:

i can’t believe max would twist renee’s perfectly innocently named podcast into something rude, she is probably very upset :smith:

THEY JUST WANT TO BE ON THE PODCAST!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Hook is just a serious-faced Marko Stunt

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
AEW will be moved to POP channel after this.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
apparently Dynamite is preempted and showing on Friday for like the next 3 weeks. I mean, at least it's not for a dog show but still gently caress that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
now how am I going to act like it's Friday when it's really only Wednesday? It will really be Friday!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

smarxist posted:

wait what's today then? Tuesday? this has got me all hosed up! :mad:

If there are no new comics for me on a Wednesday, I will have zero idea what day of the week it is.
Thankfully I will be on vacation for 2 of those Wednesdays, so my days will be hosed up anyway.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

"you know this is a rear appearance"

:stare:

gotta sell those remaining tickets

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope that's not a typo and she is referring to Penta.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Mox would play Full Throttle but never get out out of the bar at the beginning.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
There were not new comic books I wanted today, and AEW is not on, and my wife will be out so we can't even do our normal Wednesday date night thing. Also, I woke up feeling like this was Friday for some reason, so I legit have no idea what day it is anymore.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

graph posted:

does the ppv start at 7 for the buy-in or is the buy-in youtube only and the ppv starts at 8

Buy in is 7:30 I think, it would be free on Bleacher Report, Fite, and Youtube (I think all those places), then the PPV proper at 8:00.

Which means the pizza and drinks start at 7:29

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

...a whole room dedicated to cigars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

CobiWann posted:

Microwave burgers are pre-cooked well done.

You're a monster, Rarity.

'well done' just means 'actually cooked', and that is better than any 'i like my meat uncooked to some degree because I am an animal'; microwaved or not.
microwaved burgers sound just fine. If anyone here as ever had a burger at a fast food place, those are pretty much the same thing.

also, i do not eat meat so don't tell me how wrong I am because I don't care.