Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So in order of what I'm most likely to watch
Dragon Gate - Right now my main focus as a promotion, I have seen every show they've broadcast in 202q except the Fukuoka double header from last month and I have still catch up with the 3rd night of King of Gate from Sunday.
All Japan - Maybe because I'm hyped coming off the Carnival which was so good. AJPW is weird because the roster is pretty thin but what they have I like a lot. With a couple of exceptions.
SEAdLINNNG - I love this little group and watch whatever I can get my mitts on, every Tag & singles Title Match is absolutely must watch. Especially every Korakuen shot.
DDT - I pick & choose a lot with DDT, we're also getting into my backlog as the last show I saw 18/4 so that's why it's so low
NOAH - I am not as in to NOAH as last year, and I'm about a month behind but I'll get caught up before the Cyber Fight supershow.
Ice Ribbon - Ice Ribbon run a lot of shows and so I don't see everything, but any show with a title match is one I catch, or stuff like Suzu Suzuki's hardcore trial series which has been great.
New Japan - I am pretty down on them right now. Big shows are still awesome but I'm not watching Road To shows which just had no effort put into them anymore. Not when I could use that time to watch wrestling shows where people actually put in some effort.
Freedoms - I'm at about 1 show a month. Basically if the Tag or King of Freedoms belts are on the line I check in, or if a show has something otherwise highly touted.
2AW - I'm at about the same place with them, about 1 show a month, mostly shows with Title matches on them. It's a sneaky fun group.
TJPW & Stardom - I check the highly touted stuff but I dunno, as joshi groups go I just prefer people like Asuka, Nakajima, Fukimoto, Yoshiko, Suzuki, Sera to the TJPW & Stardom rosters.

After that, well, there's not much time left so don't watch much else, but I will check highly pimped matches from Mexico & the US, I might catch a handful of ZERO1 & Big Japan in a year, the occasional BASARA, and Walter's 6 matches a year all are usually worth checking in on despite everything else in WWE not being worth the effort. And I think I like the idea of ChocoPro more than the reality, I've really fallen off with them. And AEW is just not my bag.

Or to look at it another way, here's the full shows I've watched from this year

Gatoh Move - 5
AJPW - 22
YMZ - 1
Freedoms - 4
NJPW - 20
DDT - 18
NOAH - 11
ZERO1 - 1
Dragon Gate - 22
Big Japan - 2
TJPW - 4
SEAdLINNNG - 4
Diana - 1
Stardom 6
Ice Ribbon - 6
Colega - 2
BASARA - 1
2AW - 2
AEW - 3 (but it was just the women's tournament stuff
GCW - 1 (my entire Wrestlemania weekend viewing, Acid Cup Night 1, what a loving let down that was)
And there's a couple of produce shows in there too.

In conclusion, if this pandemic ends I am going to have an extremely hard time cutting wrestling promotions out of my life.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, I'm surprised less people are into DDT, especially among people into Tokyo Joshi, because I know if I could pick only 1 of the 2 it'd be DDT.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

[b]Regular:
WWE - I catch all 3 shows and every PPV. Don't be like me. It's not worth it

Why would you do this to yourself? You deserve better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

See, for me on the other hand that’s just way too many shows for a month even if you only look at a single promotion under the umbrella. I’d feel overwhelmed trying to keep on top any of it.

Being old and married and having a full time job gets in the way.

If you aren't sure what to watch, because yeah there's too much for normal adults, I generally look for shows with title matches on them, which is only maybe 2 a month for DDT.

Either that or just check the puro or MOTY threads for recs. A lot of the shows are basically house shows that are very much inessential viewing albeit fun entertainment if you have the time.