Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Regular:
NJPW - I'm completely up to date with this, think I missed one show during the Korakuen slog last month but besides that i've seen everything this year.
DDT - Pretty sure i'm up to date, outside of a couple of their smaller shows that don't go up until days afterwards and I forget to check Wrestle Universe
TJPW - See above, also haven't seen this mornings That's JPW show but i'll watch that tonight before I go to sleep
NOAH - See DDT, but also I haven't watched their Saturday show yet
AJPW - I've watched every show since Champion's Carnival started, and plan to stick with it unless they manage to royally gently caress up Suwama/Lee

Rarely
SEAdLINNNG - I watch every match that get's nominated in the MOTYC thread and the odd full show thatI see uploaded to Bilibili, but outside of Arisa Nakajima and Nanae Takahashi I don't easily recognise their roster and don't really follow the storylines
FREEDOMS - See above
AEW - I watched the first couple of events, the first couple of Darks, and the show that had the OC/Jericho pool match, as well as various matches that have been highly recommended, although nothing since KENTA/Kenny vs Mox/Archer. Never gotten into it though, it's just not something that clicks with me.
WWE - I watched the first night of Wrestlemania last year with a friend of mine, and in return she watched the entire G1 with me (and then got her own world subscription, score one for the good guys). Haven't watched anything since then

My thing is, if a show for a promotion I care about is live, i'll make every efffort to see it within a day or two. If it's taped and airing later, i'm liable to forget I saw it on forkboy's schedule when it actually gets uploaded.

e: Also EPW, my local promotion here in Perth. I went to their last show main evented by Robbie Eagles vs Mikey Nicholls, and was really impressed with pretty much everyone on the card. I've since bought tickets for their next show in a few weeks, and will most likely try to go to every show going forward

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

What I really like about this thread is how different people's viewing habits are. Sure, there's some commonalities, especially with the bigger companies, but everyone's got something that's definitely their thing and either unique to them or select to a smaller group. That's a pretty good sign of a healthy community and gives the lie to the idea of wrestling fans as this amorphous blob.

Every time someone new posts it's a stab in the heart that DDT is not required viewing for them. Outside of the NOAH juniors stabbing each other in the back every time they turn around DDT is the most consistently entertaining product in the world for me, there's so much talent on display and outside of Dieno and Honda pretty much everything lands consistently. I wish more people enjoyed the thing I love

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 21, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm happy to see SEAdLINNNG show up as often as they do

It helps that basically every SEAd match you link to in the MOTY thread features Arisa Nakajima who absolutely rules.