Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Regular:
AEW - Dynamite, Dark, Elevation, BTE, and Sammy's vlog, plus PPVs
DDT - Live events live when I can. Most events on catchup through Wrestle Universe. Plus Ganbare and their other weird spinoffs.
TJPW - That's JPW twice weekly, live events when they have them, VOD shows if I get time.
NJPW - Strong weekly. Big shows live. I tend to miss out on the billion Road Tos even though I'm sure that Tekkers and Douki vs GoD and Jado will be entirely different this time.

Occasional:
Noah - I try and fail to keep up. Watch big events live, especially with English commentary. Tend not to get to smaller shows
Beyond and associated indies - watched Uncharted Territory when it was weekly, am a bit behind apart from that. Continually pondering whether I get my $10 a month out of my IWTV subscription

Rarely:
AAA - when they put a show on Youtube, I watch it. If I have to do more digging than that, I fail to
ChocoPro - I really want to watch more and I almost always fail to do so
Impact - watched a couple of the PPVs recently, almost never watch the weekly show. It's fine, but my time is full.
UK indies (Fallout and Riptide adjacent): If they put up shows, I will watch them. They haven't put up shows in a year, because of reasons.

I would probably be deeply into Dragon Gate if I took the time to get immersed. But I'd have to work out what to put down to pick that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

What I really like about this thread is how different people's viewing habits are. Sure, there's some commonalities, especially with the bigger companies, but everyone's got something that's definitely their thing and either unique to them or select to a smaller group. That's a pretty good sign of a healthy community and gives the lie to the idea of wrestling fans as this amorphous blob.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

Regular
TJPW - Kind of a recent qualifier for this along with DDT. Subbed to Wrestle Universe a month or so back and it's become regular viewing since.
DDT - See Above
AEW - It's competent, easily accessible wrestling :shrug:

Rarely
NJPW - despite my continued subscription to World, I barely watch at this point. The wrestling itself is still fine but the last ~year has just destroyed most of my interest. I use it for Shingo matches at this point.
NOAH - It's there with Wrestle Universe but I just can't make watching it a remotely consistent habit.

With NOAH I found I needed a way in, a guy who I enjoyed and I could always look forward to. Inamura was that for me because he's a giant violent baby.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If it helps, the 900 yen per month for Wrestle Universe is easily the most bang for your buck of any subscription service. Including upcoming shows, their May releases have included:

• 9 episodes of That's JPW, the world's cutest 15 minute English language wrestling show, hosted by Akki and Brookes from ChocoPro
  • 8 full length TJPW shows, including the re-release of their March pay per view
  • 7 full length shows from Pro Wrestling NOAH, including the upcoming Misawa memorial show.
  • 7 full length shows from DDT including the entirety of their Ultimate Tag League
  • 2 DDT-adjacent shows: one from Ganbare Pro Wrestling and one produced by Onita that included an electrified ring

Even discounting the 15 minute shows, that's 24 wrestling shows in a month, or less than 40 yen a show, and most of it's really good. DDT have been on a roll lately, TJPW have upped their already good game by a lot over the last few months, and providing you don't mind the juniors switching factions every 5 minutes and the champ being a bit old, NOAH is excellent as mainstream Japanese men's wrestling.