Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just wondering what the climate is around here, since I don't think we have a thread like this. What do you watch regularly, and what do you dabble in occasionally?

Regular:
AEW - Weekly TV and all PPVs, almost all of their Youtube shows other than some vlogs.
Dragon Gate - I'm currently catching up after missing over a year. Once I do, I'll probably watch weekly.
NJPW - I do a binge to catch up about once a month, but I'm usually not current unless it's Wrestle Kingdom.
GLEAT - Really like the mix of styles they're doing. It took a couple shows for UWF to grow on me but I'm following the promotion closely now.

Occasional:
Impact - I don't follow it, but I watch the AEW-related stuff and some of the Knockouts matches.
MLW - The shows are sporadic enough that it's pretty easy to follow, and I'm curious about the Azteca Underground stuff.

Rarely:
Joshi - I don't really follow promotions because there are like 8000 of them, but I follow a few individual wrestlers.
DDT/NOAH/AJPW - Same as above. I see a few big matches when I can, which isn't often.
Lucha - For AAA I usually catch Triplemania, but I watch almost no CMLL.
ROH - A match here and there, mostly for Flamita & Rey Horus.
WWE/NXT - Almost none for the last few years. I usually catch RR/EC/WM for the big matches, but I didn't see Mania this year. Last I watched was NXT Vengeance Day.
NWA - I've seen maybe two matches in as many years that weren't part of AEW's working relationship.

I don't usually have time during the week for more than AEW/DG/NJPW, so the rest I'll either binge on a day when I have a lot of downtime, or catch if they have a big PPV. Otherwise there just isn't enough time for all of them.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised less people are into DDT, especially among people into Tokyo Joshi, because I know if I could pick only 1 of the 2 it'd be DDT.
I'm into DDT when I can catch it, but I think it's a matter of wealth of content nowadays. If I wasn't following a promotion already, and don't know who most of the people are, there's more of a curve to learn everyone's names and get the gist of the storylines. It's the same kind of thing as "Have you seen these several amazing shows on Hulu/Netflix/Amazon/Disney+/HBOMax? You'd love them!" And yeah, I probably would, but going in cold is hard when I have limited time AND a backlog AND other types of media I'm also trying to keep up with AND a personal life.

Is there some sort of aggregate website with a bunch of wrestling shows in a calendar, or can filter out the ones you don't want to see? Your schedule posts in the Puro thread are really helpful, but I think if I had something similar that includes every promotion I'm potentially interested in, I'd check out more stuff. I just have trouble keeping track of it all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I guess Cagematch's results and upcoming shows pages are the closest thing to that. It's not really sortable for filtering out promotions you're not interested in, but it's not bad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

Speaking of cagematch, if you do the natural thing and click the name of an event instead of remembering to slide over and click on card it takes you straight to the results, making Cagematch kind of a pain in the rear end for looking up older events that you might want to watch without being spoiled.

Thanks for that reminder because I almost just spoiled King of Gate for myself.