Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

AEW is my “main” promotion but right now only Dynamite and PPVs, with BTE and Sammy’s vlog as extra material. Not sure if I’ll keep up with the extra hour, it’ll depend on what’s on it.

After that it’s GCW where I watch everything because it’s a lot easier to keep on top of 3-4 hours every month or so than 5-6 hours every week.

I watch NJPW’s big tentpole events and I’ll look up the smaller shows if there’s a lot of buzz about specific matches.

Other than that I’ve really gotten into death matches after seeing so much of it on GCW shows so if I’ve got nothing new to watch I start going through old BJW, CZW and IWA:MS shows.

I used to go to my local indie every month without fail but NXT UK, COVID and nonces have killed britwres completely dead.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Speaking of cagematch, if you do the natural thing and click the name of an event instead of remembering to slide over and click on card it takes you straight to the results, making Cagematch kind of a pain in the rear end for looking up older events that you might want to watch without being spoiled.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

If it helps, the 900 yen per month for Wrestle Universe is easily the most bang for your buck of any subscription service. Including upcoming shows, their May releases have included:

• 9 episodes of That's JPW, the world's cutest 15 minute English language wrestling show, hosted by Akki and Brookes from ChocoPro
  • 8 full length TJPW shows, including the re-release of their March pay per view
  • 7 full length shows from Pro Wrestling NOAH, including the upcoming Misawa memorial show.
  • 7 full length shows from DDT including the entirety of their Ultimate Tag League
  • 2 DDT-adjacent shows: one from Ganbare Pro Wrestling and one produced by Onita that included an electrified ring

Even discounting the 15 minute shows, that's 24 wrestling shows in a month, or less than 40 yen a show, and most of it's really good. DDT have been on a roll lately, TJPW have upped their already good game by a lot over the last few months, and providing you don't mind the juniors switching factions every 5 minutes and the champ being a bit old, NOAH is excellent as mainstream Japanese men's wrestling.

See, for me on the other hand that’s just way too many shows for a month even if you only look at a single promotion under the umbrella. I’d feel overwhelmed trying to keep on top any of it.

Being old and married and having a full time job gets in the way.