Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah that had me thinking back to some of the more gruesome knee and leg injuries I've watched in hoop, thankful it wasn't worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
having a great lil chortle at this deranged "jokic is not a center" take

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Saying he's the best passing center seems like a perfectly normal and reasonable observation. Normally true centers are not great playmakers, and it's what makes his game distinct.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
euphronious just wants to minimize jokic via d&d hairsplitting of ball

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
jokic rules

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
al Jefferson

oops poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
no go on

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Westbrook with LeBron lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
maybe iguodallala from 7 years ago

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

Gotta be a better way to phrase that man

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
If this game is in Milwaukee where's Kyrie?? :xd:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

not sure if this is the right thread for this but I figure a bunch of basketball fans would have some people who would know

I recently bought a working NBA Jam SNES cartridge and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. everyone when I was a kid talked this game up but it kind of sucks imo

every time I take a shot my guy barely jumps and usually misses. I don't know if there's something wrong with the game or what but I'm about ready to see if eBay will issue a refund

you gotta hold turbo then press shoot while running at the basket

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yes I know euphronius doesn't hold the right button

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
6ers are frauds

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
time for the nugs to just pack it in imo, too much ground lost, no jokic/mpj/Murray is :rip:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that's smart tho

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
on a hyper efficient 9-21 from the field!!!! (so far)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
if Lillard isn't ulting they don't really have anything

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Congrats to Jokic on the first 2,000/1,000/500 season ever, as well as his forthcoming MVP award.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's going to be great if the Nets get bounced tonight 👍

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Jokic played 200 more minutes than Embiid? Lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ok well that series is over

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

If Harden and Maxey (feel free to substitute your preferred equivalents for Murray and MPJ) were out the Sixers sweep would very likely be going in the opposite direction. It's a team sport. Maybe if you're peak LeBron you can skate by with only three of your top five guys, but it's a death sentence for most teams in a playoff environment. We don't get to find out if the Nuggets would have been a contender-level team this year because they didn't have those guys. If you think you can say definitively that they would or wouldn't have been contenders you're just lying to yourself.

Regular season basketball achievements are overrated anyway. I think Jokic was a solid choice for regular season MVP, but that doesn't mean much on its own. Playoffs are different, and individual players can be schemed against. Teams play actual defense (unless you're the Jazz). Just a different, and IMO better, measure of player quality all around.

good post

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
7 TOs for jokic yikes :barf:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I love how they're calling Jeff Green dunking hard at 36 the "geriatric jam" and he's 36 :corsair:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
sad. another case of JDS

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol jokic jfc

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that was one of the sickest passes ever seen

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I mean it was a no look self nutmeg to a teammate for a dunk. lol globetrotter poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
KCP seems like a good get

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I think it's really great that jokic is such a mvp to the point that he induces prodromal schizophrenia in philly and boston fans

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 21, 2022

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it must be bugging monkeu so bad that he can't post

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

John Turturro could not miss a loving shot

lol

game ruled

merry fuckin crimmus

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
nuggets

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
why does embiid take so many 3s

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's not a secret

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
does AG have pepperoni tattooed on his shoulder

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

Jokic is arguably the greatest passing center in NBA history. According to Second Spectrum, Jokic leads every player in the NBA in passes over the past three seasons (including this one) by a lot, with 15,236 total passes that are almost four thousand more to the group of point guards in the second-through-fourth slots (Luka Doncic 11,510, Chris Paul 11,499 and Russell Westbrook 11,161).

quote:

During the past three seasons, Jokic is shooting an outstanding 52.6% from the field from 16-feet to the 3-point line, and over 36% from behind the arc.

In other words, Jokic is converting the now frowned-upon long midrange jumper at an efficiency that rivals what most of the league can generate from the more coveted locations near the rim and behind the arc. To put it in perspective, arguably the greatest frontcourt shot maker of this generation, Kevin Durant, is in the same neighborhood with a 54.2 FG% from 16 feet to the 3-point line and 40.0% from behind the arc during that span.

quote:

And, when you pair that historic passing with the historic shooting from a big man, we see how Jokic is making history. According to Second Spectrum Jokic's passes lead to incredibly positive results for the Nuggets, a whopping 1.23 points per possession that is among the best in the league. And his passing ability makes his shooting even more effective, helping Jokic generate an eye-popping 1.43 points per possession when he shoots.

Put it together, and it's understandable that Jokic led the entire NBA in Real Plus Minus last season, and is in the top-3 again this season. And it translates to his box score stats (read fantasy basketball impact) as well, with Jokic leading the league in fantasy points scored (by a lot) in each of the last two seasons and trailing only Doncic thus far this season.

:eyepoop: :gowron: :crenshaw: :trumppop: :bernpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
holy gently caress that ja dunk