Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
donovan mitchell is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i like the grizzlies but they are really outmatched here and brooks and jonas getting in foul trouble early really curtailed their chances

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao the lakers used their challenge after 15 seconds

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hate watching the Lakers because it's nothing but bad reffing and Anthony Davis acting like he's been murdered.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

how rude

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
brad stevens looks like pete buttigieg

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Harden's signature move is to jump into the defender while shooting a three and get the foul every time and I hate it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it's been really sad watching the heat, I loved their playoff run last season and seeing basically the same team minus Jae Crowder just collapse has been depressing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Suns demolishing the Lakers again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Lebron James
Pluses: GOAT, still best player in the league, on a good team (3 seed but 3rd best record in the NBA), 36 dunks at age 36, has lead team to an impressive #1 drtg despite being on somewhat cruise control coming off a NBA championship. Also Coach of the Year. The coaching job Lebron has done I have not seen mentioned much, but what he has done to get the Lakers playing together after a short off-season and with lots of changed faces has been remarkable. He could be in the HOF just as a head coach. He also plays tons of minutes.

Negatives: none. He's perfect.

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
steph curry changed the game because now everybody shoots threes, even centres, since it turns out three points is more than two points

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
russell westbrook was the best player in the league the year he won mvp and his team finished like 6th because it turns out you can have the best player in the league and still not win games sometimes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if you wanna talk wins and only wins, the warriors went from a 57-25 season (3rd in the league, 1st in the west) with thompson, durant, iguodala, and curry to a 15-50 season (worst in the league) with none of them and then to a 39-33 season and what would normally be a playoff spot with only curry back and the rest of the team just as bad as they were in the 15-50 year, so i guess leaving aside the stats that you love to hate that means curry was worth 24 wins on his own

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

There's years upon years of data showing Klay's shooting % without Curry in the lineup dropping like a rock whereas Curry's percentages consistently remain the same regardless of how the lineup is composed, because teams double team Curry or cover him way beyond the normal range since his threes are so ridiculously deep. Even in his less effective games the other players' shooting all improves with Curry in the lineup

Plus klay cannot pass. He was a turnover machine and mostly good for spotup shots not dribble drives or pullups

yeah, if you watch the warriors play you see curry getting double teamed on every play, the problem is the player left open by the double team usually can't score a basket to save their life

put thompson back in the team with curry so that somebody else can shoot when curry's defended too tightly and that team would be in the playoffs easily, but just replacing curry with thompson you'd have the exact same problem of all the offence going through one player and everyone else playing like garbage on offence

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

dads think Curry is the mvp

I’m thinking about basketball in a new way. the old heads are the ones who care about scoring titles and leading a team to the lottery with style

I’m concerned with actual truth

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

hey euph remember when you were hopeful that jamal's injury meant that Embiid had a better chance of being MVP because the Nuggets would move down the standings lmao

embiid had 39 points today and the sixers still lost lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this is relevant NBA content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSbLUv7WSXE

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i love kawhi leonard

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Reality Protester posted:

finals mpvs who play defense are in fact the opposite of soft

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

the true power of Friendship Ball revealed

more like Fredship ball

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

new win share stat: the number of games you play in that your team wins.

New new stat: net wins. The number of games you play in that your team wins - the number of games your team loses.

Steph Curry would be a .... plus 5 net win shares.

Rudy gobert would be plus 32.

But lets compare Curry to a point guard to be fair. Christ paul is net plus 30 win shares. Jokic was net plus 22.

Joe Harris went from -2 net wins last season to +24 net wins this season. Wow, Most Improved Player!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
thinking steph curry is bad is reactionary because it's a backlash against him making small ball popular instead of having five giants headbutt the rim on every play

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
double post

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
steph curry democratized the game of basketball by showing that small but talented players can be better than genetic freaks, and it drives authoritarians who just want a strong daddy to envelop them in his enormous wingspan mad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i still hope for a hawks-jazz final, a showdown to determine who gets to keep the name bogdanovich

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

They did sweep Miami after getting absolutely destroyed by them last year. Then again the Nets might be so good that it doesn't matter

Miami were dire in that series, they looked like a shell of the team from last year's playoffs. I guess Jae Crowder was the glue holding it all together.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

oh so now we’ve moved to everyone needs to be healthy for Jokic to play well

man this guy needs a lot of help!!

it turns out anthony davis needs to be healthy for lebron to play well

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

this is the ugliest game i've ever seen. it's like every other shot is an air ball or over the backboard

giannis taking 15 seconds to airball a free throw really encapsulated this game

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

highest percentage of points by a duo in nba playoff history: 68 of 85 points from giannis and middleton and exactly 80%

they gotta keep playing ugly and get help to win

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Most Violent Player

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

if donovan mitchell is healthy jazz are winning the championship. if kyrie/harden are healthy nets win the championship. if none of the three are healthy then who the hell knows

kawhi is going to put the city of los angeles on his back and carry it to the title kicking and screaming

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

bubble doesn’t count. no one even remembers the bubble

cool that means lebron has as many rings as wardell stephen "steph" curry II

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
harden confirmed as a bigtime fraud who just got his first field goal after 27 minutes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the nets played better in this series when harden was injured

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it turns out it doesn't matter if harden is dead weight when you can just have godlike KD play all 48 minutes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

well, that's the jazz through

absolutely terrible news, kawhi is one of the best players in the league

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

if only the sixers had acquired an elite point guard who was available before the trade deadline with championship experience, good defense, excellent playmaking, and the ability to make comebacks in series and games.

the only thing that could possibly be better would be if this hypothetical point guard was also a Philly native who would love to return home and be extra motivated to play for the team

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
legendary sixers defence just allowing unlimited alley-oops

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
trae young is crazy good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
In the Heights: The Manute Bol Story