Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i love basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

embiid really made 59 points lmao wow

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

isn't half of the reason you'd take a low salary as the star player to free up salary cap for managers to get you enough help to win a ring? that seems more believable than just oh i like boston its great, love dunkin

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

defense is nice but the most important basketball stat is Getting Buckets as always

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i dont know which person on the nuggets is responsible for this but they have held the grizzlies to less than 90 points up until the final two minutes which seems like an indication that their defense is pretty good

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

all the other players on the nuggets are more fun to watch than jokic. they got this kid named Bones that is always shooting goofy rear end 3s on terrible looks and sometimes he misses them and goes 1/12 in a game and sometimes he hits six in a row

jamal murray was playing out of his mind yesterday too

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

he's a pure streetball player, could probably be called for a carry every dribble, and by some metrics he's the worst defender in the entire NBA. he owns completely and he's my favorite player after jokic.

i mostly like saying lets go bones every time he touches the ball

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

jokic has like 3 times as many points but AG is the mvp of this game

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

drat this game is sick finally some good basketball

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SGA isn't even playing I don't know what's going on
these midseason games are just weird

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

GAME WINNING SHOT BY FOX. 22 POINT FOURTH. LAURI MISSED GAME WINNING SHOT BY .1 LIGHT THE BEAM

refs should've let lauri have that shot it was a completely sick play

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TDepressionEarl posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks if the balkans wanted to they could put together a basketball team and dominate the NBA.

yugoslavia had to be destroyed before they developed the institutions to dominate olympic basketball for a generation

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

sixers were shilling their team brand NFTs during the game yesterday which feels more embarrassing than naming your stadium after bitcoins

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i like that jokic is objectively uninteresting to watch and has no style or grace but puts up insane numbers every single game he's in and also has a funny face

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

Magic are way more top heavy. They have a +17.5 net rating with Fultz/Harris/Banchero/Wagner/Carter Jr. which is 2nd best for all lineups with more 100 minutes played https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?dir=D&sort=MIN

Isaac and a few other viable bench players would make the Magic extremely viable. Their future is super bright

i dont know if he is any good but i like to both watch and say Bol Bol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Hopefully LeBron finds his way to a fun team at some point before retirement.

lebron moved to LA to make movies, I don't think he's going anywhere. man wants to transition to multimedia

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

one downside (among very many) of having so many loving regular season games is its impossible to tell if a team is good or not until they're trying to clinch playoff spots because they're all performing some advanced calculation each game for if they want to actually try to win or not

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

euphronius posted:

mvp is easy to determine. you use what I call the Jokic factor. “jokic” stands for Jumping? overrated. Keep It Caucasian.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

that's an impossible to test hypothetical. you are isolating yourself from ever being wrong. be brave. here, i'll start, Feel Free To Laugh if i'm wildly off base: the Nuggets will make the NBA finals and lose, and the Sixers will make the ECF and lose.

are they both losing to the celtics in this scenario

or the Dark Horse Orlando Magic

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

how many centers would you say are currently playing in the NBA

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

loquacius posted:

Last night LeBron broke the lifetime regular-season scoring record

in a loss

to the Oklahoma City Thunder

don't sleep on the thunder those guys are gonna be a menace in the west the next few years

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

dunks per minute as a metric is one of the funniest euphremisms yet

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

it was shotgun willie’s

I have a hard time believing it's illegal to wave a gun around at Shotgun Willie's

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this kings game is high comedy they just keep letting the knicks miss and get their own rebounds to miss again

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

denver is about to lose to the San Antonio Spurs

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I didn't even put on the nuggets game until the 4th assuming it was going to be noncompetitive. kind of looks like jokic also assumed that and just didn't attempt any defense

there was a moment with about 5 minutes left in the game where it got kind of close and then the spurs hit like 5 straight 3 point attempts, those boys just wanted it more

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the most important stat is dunks

the moneyball bullshit of the last 10 years strikes me as an attempt to be able to Solve another actually interesting problem with Computers and this is anathema to watching and enjoying a sports competition so you should be actively contemptful of it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kawhi dribbled the ball for a full 20 seconds as the clock ran out, never attempted to pass or shoot until the buzzer already went off

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

fart simpson posted:

76ers only lost by 5 points too lol

the system works

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nuggets in the 4th running one of the funniest box scores I've ever seen

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

falling down and getting back up takes a lot out of a guy

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The mavs going from 4th in the west to not even making the play-in is so loving funny lmao first year since there's been 3 teams in texas that all 3 missed the playoffs

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if the nba didn't want individual late
season games to be so meaningless that teams will arbitrarily decide not to play them maybe there shouldn't be 82 games with multiple back-to-backs in a season

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

loquacius posted:

it is if nothing else funny that a team with Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving on the roster is still tanking somehow

kyrie is good but kyrie and whatever second string guy replaced dorian is probably less valuable in total than the 2 starters dallas traded to get him

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I also don't know what any of the numbers there mean is a higher number good or bad

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

still loling that ja broke his whole hand trying and failing to jump over anthony davis

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I think the wolves only scored 14 points that whole third quarter

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

warriors strategy appears to be just kicking and punching sabonis and they're still losing at the half

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

is putting your man in an arm bar proper boxing out technique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

I believe in my Kings. I think they have a legitimate shot of making the finals

They might actually kill sabonis first