Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Philez
Feb 11, 2005
Drinking, Driving, Thinking of You
I have owned my Wagner Furno 750 LCD Heat Gun for a while, but I've never really understood which temperatures are ideal for speeding up jobs for with thawing frozen pipes, drying paint/mud, etc. The current job I'm needing it for is in fact drying mud/paint. I don't want to wait 24 hours between each coat. The manual really is not helpful as it just says low/med heat for drying paint. Well, the gun operates from 125°F to 1300°F.

I know that I should not leave the heat gun in one spot for too long, and to me low/med is a huge range. Medium heat to me is 712.5°F, but since you cannot select that I'd go with 710°F. From 125°F (low) to 710°F (medium) is a huge temperature range. Let's say I take the average of those 2 temperatures. That is about 420°F. I don't know if it makes sense to use that temperature, and if it does how long can I heat up the area that I am trying to dry?

Feel free to really school me on everything heat gun related if you're a pro with them! Thank you so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU