Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Five hundred Gigabyte hard drive. Full. Backwards. Compatibility.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The GameCube prototype isn't a cube.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

take it back.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

here's my exciting jason alexander story: i sent him a lot of emails for work-related reasons for awhile and when we finally met in person, after my boss introduced me, i said "it's good to meet in person, we've been emailing so much," and while he shook my hand, he said "i'm sure we have, i'm sure we have. excuse me," and then went into my boss's office and never spoke to me again.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

here's my exciting jason alexander story: i sent him a lot of emails for work-related reasons for awhile and when we finally met in person, after my boss introduced me, i said "it's good to meet in person, we've been emailing so much," and while he shook my hand, he said "i'm sure we have, i'm sure we have. excuse me," and then went into my boss's office and never spoke to me again.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lol

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

lol, goddamn

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv9_AlimsiQ

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Bicyclops posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

American McGay posted:

Bicyclops posted:

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Kinda wish they went this route with the switch even though I understand why they didn't

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WombatCyborg posted:

Kinda wish they went this route with the switch even though I understand why they didn't
a friend of mine swears by these, they look kinda ridiculous and lack some stuff like 3d rumble and amiibo support but they're bigger and grippier

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly I would’ve preferred the dev style ps5

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1372699975906250753

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

The Kins posted:

a friend of mine swears by these, they look kinda ridiculous and lack some stuff like 3d rumble and amiibo support but they're bigger and grippier

Thanks for the heads up, ordered one. The joycons are just really like a controller for ants to me and I don't even have that big of hands. Considering I exclusively use my switch handheld it makes sense to me.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I remember a goon live posting from e3 back then, and he took pics of the bagels at the Phantom booth and they were actually fake. Like they didn't bother buying real bagels for their booth, they were plastic ones you'd use for like a store display or something.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

Yes, these are so good. Aside from being bigger and grippier, the analog sticks are way more accurate than the little nubs on the joycons. You get a proper d-pad too.

They are huge and it does cut down your portability, but if you’re just playing at home it’s 100% worth it unless you truly can’t live without gyro controls or rumble. I really only bust out my joycons these days for playing Mariokart with friends on the TV.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
What happens in games like breath of the wild where gyro controls are needed for some of the puzzles?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

What happens in games like breath of the wild where gyro controls are needed for some of the puzzles?

The Switch itself has an accelerometer/gyroscope on the PCB

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh cool I didn't know that, thank you. Must go shopping

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mods this guy is playing Switch games on his PC like the hosed up freak that he is (do a search for "bulldozed" in the retro gaming forum if you don't believe me).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Am I imagining this or does the GameCube have a gyroscope in the console too.

I'm 90% sure I saw someone playing Super Monkey Ball using the console...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You're probably thinking of Kirby's Tilt-n-Tumble which is a GBC game that had an accelerometer in the cart. They played it via the Gameboy Player adapter and then tilted the whole console around.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

CyberPingu posted:

you're probably thinking of someone playing an accelerometer/gyroscope GBC or GBA game with the Gameboy Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOBMOiA36I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBhJvnERukE

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Probably that then..I was fairly sure it was Super Monkey Ball

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

CyberPingu posted:

You may be thinking of someone playing Kirby’s tilt & tumble on the game boy player

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

You're probably thinking of Kirby's Tilt-n-Tumble on the Game Boy Player.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

CyberPingu posted:

Probably that then..I was fairly sure it was Super Monkey Ball

The only smb games with motion controls were the Wii one and the phone one

Probably kirbys tilt N tumble

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Man, I miss that weird rear end hardware poo poo handhelds did. Like Boktai.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I still have my boktai cartridge. It was a cool concept but actually a pain in the rear end so I played like two hours of it

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Bicyclops posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

I still have my boktai cartridge. It was a cool concept but actually a pain in the rear end so I played like two hours of it

Yeah trying to play Gameboy games outside in sunshine was almost impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011