Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shammypants posted:

People have been unnecessarily harsh on Square Enix. They released a lot of titles like Hitman 3 and Outriders (a decent enough game with a bad launch) before E3. They did actually show some of the bigger titles across all platforms, Life is Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy etc. They released a weird but decent enough Final Fantasy Origins trailer (CHAOS). Babylon's Fall was the only flop, but some people vibed with it.

They have a team of 200 people working on Forspoken which will only be on PS5 so they didn't even talk about it at E3 and another rumored PS5 exclusive as well. All things considered it wasn't a terrible showing for them.

Hitman 3 was self-published by IO Interactive, Hitman 2 was published by WB Games. IO somehow managed to buy themselves out from Square Enix and were able to keep the rights to Hitman in some form. Square Enix still publishes the Hitman mobile games, which they showed a new one for this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shammypants posted:

People have been unnecessarily harsh on Square Enix. They released a lot of titles like Hitman 3 and Outriders (a decent enough game with a bad launch) before E3. They did actually show some of the bigger titles across all platforms, Life is Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy etc. They released a weird but decent enough Final Fantasy Origins trailer (CHAOS). Babylon's Fall was the only flop, but some people vibed with it.

They have a team of 200 people working on Forspoken which will only be on PS5 so they didn't even talk about it at E3 and another rumored PS5 exclusive as well. All things considered it wasn't a terrible showing for them.

You're forgetting Guardians of the Galaxy though, that 30 minute showing of it was annoying and no one liked it, plus Avengers content, no one plays that game, why were they bothering to talk about it?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Square-Enix got what it deserved.:shepface:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
All Square had to do to get fans pumped was release a 10-15 second teaser of FF7R2 with a release date they can later delay from.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Life is Strange True Colors is gonna be dope.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

punk rebel ecks posted:

Who's "any pronouns" pussy?

I assume SMTV Protag

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Rolo posted:

I didn’t know they hadn’t continued the Metroid 2D story since Fusion.

I’m already caught up, drat.

other m was a direct prequel to fusion but i think they're just pretending it never happened now lol

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
I love Nintendo just preemptively going "Adam does not give orders to Samus. He points out opportunities, and Samus can make her own decisions about where she goes and when."

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Capcom didn't announce anything really either, just showed more stuff to things we already knew were coming out.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Hell yeah they are showing Metroid Dread live now

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Metroid Dread looks really pretty, I like what they're doing with the pre-rendered backgrounds.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Shammypants posted:

It's cool that they're working on other stuff, but if that other stuff wasn't part of their presentation, it's not really a mitigating factor. If anything, it makes giving a full presentation for the leftovers look worse. Honestly if the announcements from the DQ presentation had been part of their E3 presentation that alone would have made it a good one imo.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Euphoriaphone posted:

What? MS has a ton of stuff coming out this year. There's not much exclusive to Xbox/PC, but if you only have an Xbox you'd have plenty of upcoming games to play this year.

I couldn't find a good list of all of the upcoming games announced at the Xbox/Bethesda conference, so I made one.

Many of these were first-time reveals. Every single game below is new/upcoming and will be available day one on Xbox Game Pass -- several in 2021, almost all of them by the end of 2022 (well, I mean, LOL delays).

- Starfield (November 2022)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (April 2022)
- Back 4 Blood (October 2021)
- Contraband (TBA)
- Twelve Minutes (August 2021)
- Psychonauts 2 (August 2021)
- Party Animals (2022)
- Somerville (2022)
- Halo Infinite (Holiday 2021)
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (2022)
- Slime Rancher 2 (2022)
- Shredders (December 2021)
- Atomic Heart (TBA)
- Replaced (2022)
- Grounded (2021-ish, Early Access now)
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (2022)
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (2023)
- The Ascent (August 2021)
- Age of Empires IV (October 2021)
- The Outer Worlds 2 (TBA)
- Top Gun expansion for Flight Simulator (Fall 2021)
- Forza Horizon 5 (November 2021)
- Redfall (Summer 2022)

Also some existing games coming to Game Pass:
- Hades, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and a bunch of old Bethesda games. And probably some other stuff.

Maybe people are super-picky about games, but saying Microsoft didn't reveal/show anything exciting at their conference is just silly.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I really want the Metroid Dread special edition, but I can't tell if I've been botted or if the preorder pages just aren't live yet.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the pages aren't live yet, on the official website it says pre-orders for it are 'coming soon'

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

They put up a more in-depth video of Dread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afUI8nIrGgI

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

FPzero posted:

I really want the Metroid Dread special edition, but I can't tell if I've been botted or if the preorder pages just aren't live yet.

Best Buy sold out in 10 minutes, Amazon isn't up yet.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

metroid dredd looks really drat good, redeemed e3 for me singlehandedly

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Why did S.T.A.L.K.E.R have like four imitator games this year? Was just it just the same game being in different shows?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Augus posted:

metroid dredd looks really drat good, redeemed e3 for me singlehandedly

Yeah looks awesome. She just better not be taking orders like she did in Other M, or there's going to be some :toughguy:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Caidin posted:

Why did S.T.A.L.K.E.R have like four imitator games this year? Was just it just the same game being in different shows?

Nah there's like 3 stalker games. Part of that is because the devs that made stalker ended up one place and the IP ended up another place. Another reason is :ussr:

Its funny how the industry had such major themes, this year's main themes were

- Russia
- Vampires
- Left4Deads

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Caidin posted:

Probably a combo of there not having been a Stalker game since Call of Pripyat and Escape from Tarkov and Metro being pretty successful with somewhat similar aesthetics, the market is primed for another good Stalker game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Good Sphere posted:

Yeah looks awesome. She just better not be taking orders like she did in Other M, or there's going to be some :toughguy:

the presenters turned to the camera and basically said "no it's not like Other M, the computer's just giving some lore, he's not telling you what to do, you're in charge, seriously it's not like Other M don't get mad at us" lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I just realized something.

Even though Metroid Dread was never officially announced back in the day, Sakamoto confirms in an interview that there have been several iterations of the game in development in the past. It was also listed in the March 2006 issue of Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK. https://archive.org/details/official-nintendo-magazine-uk-1-march-2006/page/n20/mode/2up

So, just for fun…

Duke Nukem Forever:
Announced April 28, 1997
Released June 10, 2011
14 years 1 months 13 days

Metroid Dread:
“Announced/Listed” February 16 2006 (magazine publication date)
Released October 8, 2021
15 years 7 months 22 days

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Show us more Elden Ringgggg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

infraboy posted:

Show us more Elden Ringgggg

lol this is the energy from twitch chat that will be completely disappointed

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i don’t think ill be seeing anything about digimon survive today :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The title of the Event is literally "Bandai Namco Presents: House of Ashes"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_RHdp-nTw

Bandai Namco Presents: The Dark Pictures: Chapter 1: The House of Ashes

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

for a good chunk of the day it just said Bandai namco lol this sucks

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

House of Elden ring?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
a big thing about the AW remake is it will also, assumedly, have multiplayer that isn't off that jank rear end site

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And that's E3 baby

Edit: oh wait

3:20 p.m. Yooreka Studio
3:35 p.m. GameSpot Play For All Showcase
4:45 p.m. Official E3 2021 Awards Show

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

ErrEff posted:

I just realized something.

Even though Metroid Dread was never officially announced back in the day, Sakamoto confirms in an interview that there have been several iterations of the game in development in the past. It was also listed in the March 2006 issue of Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK. https://archive.org/details/official-nintendo-magazine-uk-1-march-2006/page/n20/mode/2up

So, just for fun…

Duke Nukem Forever:
Announced April 28, 1997
Released June 10, 2011
14 years 1 months 13 days

Metroid Dread:
“Announced/Listed” February 16 2006 (magazine publication date)
Released October 8, 2021
15 years 7 months 22 days

How long was Mother 3 in development hell?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

capcom had a better presentation :kstare:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

PenguinKnight posted:

capcom had a better presentation :kstare:

And all they did was show footage for stuff already announced!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

more like house of asses

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Caidin posted:

GSC Game World went bankrupt like 10 years ago. My best guess is that a bit after that studios started to take notice that there was a potential niche for them to fill: no one could ever fathom that GSC would ever release another STALKER title. I think it's just happenstance that these titles are all coming out now. Metro had a chance to fill the void but the linear gameplay didn't quite scratch that itch.

As someone who has played most of the games that have released since STALKER: Call of Pripyat, literally none of them even come close to how good it was.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I think we can rest easy knowing that there could never be an E3 presentation as bad as Take-Two's. The worst is behind us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

I couldn't find a good list of all of the upcoming games announced at the Xbox/Bethesda conference, so I made one.

Many of these were first-time reveals. Every single game below is new/upcoming and will be available day one on Xbox Game Pass -- several in 2021, almost all of them by the end of 2022 (well, I mean, LOL delays).

- Starfield (November 2022)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (April 2022)
- Back 4 Blood (October 2021)
- Contraband (TBA)
- Twelve Minutes (August 2021)
- Psychonauts 2 (August 2021)
- Party Animals (2022)
- Somerville (2022)
- Halo Infinite (Holiday 2021)
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (2022)
- Slime Rancher 2 (2022)
- Shredders (December 2021)
- Atomic Heart (TBA)
- Replaced (2022)
- Grounded (2021-ish, Early Access now)
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (2022)
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (2023)
- The Ascent (August 2021)
- Age of Empires IV (October 2021)
- The Outer Worlds 2 (TBA)
- Top Gun expansion for Flight Simulator (Fall 2021)
- Forza Horizon 5 (November 2021)
- Redfall (Summer 2022)

Also some existing games coming to Game Pass:
- Hades, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and a bunch of old Bethesda games. And probably some other stuff.

Maybe people are super-picky about games, but saying Microsoft didn't reveal/show anything exciting at their conference is just silly.

man it's kind of a bad look for Sony pricing their exclusives at £70 when you're getting new releases on game pass