Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Snooze Cruise posted:

when is the "only visual novels - just visual novels" direct

We can't have one because someone who made a game with visual novel like elements got upset when classified as one by a passer-by on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

For what it's worth, proceeds from that and the nft are going to small business and non-profit organizations

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

LLCoolJD posted:

Hah. That's quite an exaggeration.

They're pretty bang on, sorry. Even with companies still working during the pandemic, it was all WFH, which comes with problems outside of pure productivity. Hell, some companies actually gave a poo poo about employee mental health for a bit and didn't try to crunch.

Couple that with devs working on games that straddled the line of Gen 8 and Gen 9, and there you are.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 13, 2021

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

TheLoneStar posted:

New rule for next year. If you don't have a brand new game to show off, you don't get an invite to E3.

E3 is practically an obligation for any game company, otherwise people flip their poo poo that [game] is totally vaporware now. And they still do that. As soon as January hits, everyone remembers that they need an E3 plan, and the dread sets in, even if you work somewhere with cool poo poo.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The 7th Guest posted:

watching the gamespot thing after the fact. I guess Unsighted managed to sneak into e3 right at the end haha. i was ready to write it off. i feel like humble should have maybe shown it in a larger event but that's just me. and a fall date, nice

Demo out on Steam and Humble’s site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Xbox is doing an "extended" showing tomorrow - https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1405178379578396676
Their demo portion of the Summer Game Fest has also kicked off - https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/15/idxbox-summer-game-demo-fest-showcases-40-games/

Steam Next Fest has an absurd amount of demos now, too - https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nextfest