Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Do not gently caress pigs for the any reason please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

~Coxy posted:

The absolute disappointment whenever you would go over to someone's house and they had one of these under the bed gathering dust and you couldn't believe they didn't play with it all the time and you got it out and set it up for...
Dad was a mad F1 fan in the 80/90's so we had the European set with the track stapled onto 2 enormous pieces of plywood. The Marlboro of Senna was the one me and my brother would both just sit there and hold the back wheels off the track then drop to make it do 'burnouts'. loving good times.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Jesus gently caress, I had 7.30 on in the background tonight while I was chatting to my wife, and happened to glance up while there was footage of a guy smashing a piglet into the concrete like he was smashing a cockroach with a thong. That's gunna haunt me for a while.

I know working in places like that you get kinda desensitised to animal death, but loving hell that was full on.

quote:

Mr Hawkins said it was only after submitting the photographs to a mining related Facebook page and seeing the public reaction that he realised it was "extremely risky".

lmao
I haven't been there (obviously), though I've been to nearby Karijini and it's amazingly beautiful country out that way. But loving hell, going past all the warning signs and thinking "she'll be right mate" is just insanity. And given the visit was supposedly in 2021, I'd be willing to bet money that the PPE he was wearing was just a covid-era surgical mask.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

No Thunder Loop Thriller?

has this bad boy

jammiesjammer
Feb 14, 2023

Christ all loving mighty. I heard some mates mention the david cameron episode of Black Mirror in regards to this but I didnt know it really happened and was this bad jesus. .

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/michael_of_melb/status/1769994426288574932

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My mates dad had a Fairlane with those lighters
I thought it was because Fairlanes were considered cars you might chauffeur people around in

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

My mates dad had a Fairlane with those lighters
I thought it was because Fairlanes were considered cars you might chauffeur people around in

my first car was a beat up old fairlane and it had five cigarette lighters; one in each door (including rear passenger doors) and one in the centre display

wish i smoked back then, what a waste

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Back in the day you used to be able to measure how luxurious a car was by how many lighters and ash trays it had in it.

Now you measure it by how many stupid bullshit layers of touchscreen bullshit you need to go through to adjust the 78 way power seats and the rear window defogger.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

drat, my old man had Commodores and we only got two cigarette lighters, on in the front console and one in the rear.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
when the lighters not glowing so you test it with your thumb and it leaves a brown coil of burned flesh and a tiny whiff of cooked fingat

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Carlos Lantana posted:

when the lighters not glowing so you test it with your thumb and it leaves a brown coil of burned flesh and a tiny whiff of cooked fingat

Literally still got the burn mark in my left index fingerprint, nearly 40 years later from my dad's Suzuki jeep lighter.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I spotted a leech crawling over the console in my car so I got it with the lighter, the smell of charred leech is not one I’ll forget for a while. Still better than bleeding like a stuck pig for hours on end if it bit me though

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The family car is driving past the Bauer Media Group offices.

Kids: Can we get The Australian Women’s Weekly Children’s Birthday Cake Book?
Mum: We have Children’s Birthday Cake Book at home.
Children’s Birthday Cake Book at home:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
if you wanted to mull up in an HR holden you could either use the little indent on the inside of the glovebox or unclip the interior light shade

Only registered members can see post attachments!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

gay picnic defence posted:

I spotted a leech crawling over the console in my car so I got it with the lighter, the smell of charred leech is not one I’ll forget for a while. Still better than bleeding like a stuck pig for hours on end if it bit me though

One time my wife and I went hiking in the Blue Mountains, it had been raining on and off, so the track was pretty muddy. Noticed a few leeches but no big deal, just flick em off.

Got back to the car, my wife takes off her gaiters and boots, then realises there’s a massive leech on her calf, at least an inch long and a couple cm in diameter like a tiny cocktail frankfurt. Never seen one that big.

She screamed loudly and violently, I managed to scrape the leech off and she was so upset she smashed the leech with a hiking boot - so blood exploded all over the carpark. Anyway someone
called the cops because of the screaming, who then wanted a lot of explaining for why a woman was screaming and bleeding, and for why there was a large pool of blood on the floor

That’s my leech story

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

My parents had a Fairmont Ghia back in the late 80s / early 90s and it had a fully digital dashboard which I thought was just the ducks nuts.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

I lived there for a couple of years as a kid. My lung scans all look good, hopefully they stay that way.

There are heaps of amazing places to go in WA, even other abandoned mining towns if that's your kink. No need to get hosed up by asbestos.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 21, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

webmeister posted:

One time my wife and I went hiking in the Blue Mountains, it had been raining on and off, so the track was pretty muddy. Noticed a few leeches but no big deal, just flick em off.

Got back to the car, my wife takes off her gaiters and boots, then realises there’s a massive leech on her calf, at least an inch long and a couple cm in diameter like a tiny cocktail frankfurt. Never seen one that big.

She screamed loudly and violently, I managed to scrape the leech off and she was so upset she smashed the leech with a hiking boot - so blood exploded all over the carpark. Anyway someone
called the cops because of the screaming, who then wanted a lot of explaining for why a woman was screaming and bleeding, and for why there was a large pool of blood on the floor

That’s my leech story

why'd you cut your wife

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I learned very young to carry salt when hiking. Always had one of those tiny Saxa salt bottles.

Gets the fuckers off without any mess and doesn't leave their mouthparts in your skin so you keep bleeding.

Also, I'd occasionally put salt on my tongue as I went along. Even 40 years later, whenever I walk any distance I can still taste the memory of salt in my mouth.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I got a salty snack for ya :heysexy:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chrpno posted:

cum?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chrpno posted:

?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Capt.Whorebags posted:

My parents had a Fairmont Ghia back in the late 80s / early 90s and it had a fully digital dashboard which I thought was just the ducks nuts.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

Preferred the old school Digital dash over all the touch screen menu nonsense. That blue-green hue still exists in my mind.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sydney Royal Easter Show time mother fuckers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inceltown posted:

This kicks rear end.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Whither the Holden Precision Driving Team?

in Toranas

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Just spent a week working on that Fred Again gig at the Domain. A day spent in the rain directing trucks to pick up fridges and demountables has me with a fuckin cold... Feels bad man

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Inceltown posted:

they should get eaten by truckasaurus

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I regret to inform you that Mount Gambiers Human LEGO Man has been cancelled.

ACAB means you too Human LEGO Man

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
police exhibit
sample bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwJY4unaLc

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Inceltown posted:

Apparently a dog mauled him when he was dressed as Lego Batman and it killed the dressing up like Lego dudes vibe for him

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Inceltown posted:

her loving hands are huge

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Apparently a dog mauled him when he was dressed as Lego Batman and it killed the dressing up like Lego dudes vibe for him

Also Human Lego Girl dumped him that same month: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-24/human-lego-man-retires-after-cancer-council-sa-walk/103620046

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Meanwhile the Fitzroy Carrot Man is still going strong

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LEGO Girl knows that ACAB means LEGO Man

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

ABAC

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Not sure if better or worse than the "--cuum" here in our Hammerbarn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I had a real All Cops Are Bemused moment the other day

I was doing a chalk mural on some random wall of an abandoned property cum carpark and the police rolled up , realised it was just chalk and just kinda shrugged their shoulders and hosed off