Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

was it a big nob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Chalk the Police

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the cum car park

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
About 50 meters worth of smiley faces

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I saw a video once about an Abandoned Cum Carpark

2/10 would not recommend

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

15m-high snow sculpture helped build 'powerful' relationship between Tasmania and Japan

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

WA at the bleeding edge of anti-nang laws

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

That’s unaustralian

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1772393219512324587

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

That’s unaustralian

Restricting poo poo or outright banning it?

Sounds totally Australian to me.

Was in the peak of poo poo Canberra this weekend, Garema place, spent nangs were everywhere. Just a short 1 minute walk up from the chugger street.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Put 10¢ deposit on the nangs and then children can make pocket money cleaning up their local parks and schools.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

~Coxy posted:

Put 10¢ deposit on the nangs and then children can make pocket money cleaning up their local parks and schools.

Capitalism is beautiful

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

They haven't said why yet but this years Splendour has been cancelled.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
They forgot to water so there's no grass

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
byron is an infected dickhole

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hmm, seems like the target market paying 70% of their income towards some boomer’s mortgage might not be ideal

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

webmeister posted:

Hmm, seems like the target market paying 70% of their income towards some boomer’s mortgage might not be ideal

Something something bootstraps, we had 18% interest blah blah bullshit.

But yes. Pricing basically the entirety of Byron locals out tends to decimate your local 'vibe' for people who want to go to concerts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

her loving hands are huge

All the better to slap you with a fine, my dear.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Whoforthenwhat posted:

But yes. Pricing basically the entirety of Byron locals out tends to decimate your local 'vibe' for people who want to go to concerts.

pretty sure the vibe of Byron these days is braindead influencers

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

webmeister posted:

pretty sure the vibe of Byron these days is braindead influencers

If I walk up to the top of the hill I can see Cape Byron Lighthouse flashing 45km to the South.

That's about as close as I wanna get to Byron these days...

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
My Dad grew up in Bangalow and moved down to Newcastle in the 70's. By the 80's he was already highly critical of what a "shithole" Byron Bay was getting turned into with getting overrun by "dole bludgers" and the like, so he refused to go back there because it made him too cranky. He died in 2010 but if he could see what it's like these days his head would have probably exploded.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I was one of the dole bludgers
the dole owned
weed & surf & pushys
thanks uncle bob

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Whoforthenwhat posted:

It was happening when I left the Northern Rivers 30 years ago. It settles down a bit when the place is no longer a celebrity hotspot but it never returns too its previous affordability. It's just even more expensive the next time it gets trendy.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Carlos Lantana posted:

the dole owned
weed & surf & pushys
thanks uncle bob

mo dole, no problems

It was all a dream, I used to read People magazine
Smokin weed and Winnie B usin’ my Centrelink
Sinking tinnies in the mall
Every single day, sittin’ back, blasting Chisel out the car
I hit the surf, rock till my board drop
Time to get paid
Spend up on the first day

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

the dole owned
weed & surf & pushys
thanks uncle bob

Yeah man, that was the good Byron. Surfies, dole bludgers and hippies. Was such a chill place to go.

Same for the Hawksbury region, was fishing and chill artsy people.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Carlos Lantana posted:

the dole owned
weed & surf & pushys
thanks uncle bob

Same, but in Newcastle instead of Byron :xd: Went doofing instead of surfing
Life was simple for just that little while

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
professional student was nice while it lasted

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a long video about dozens and dozen of old Australian films and TV & radio shows which have been partially or completely lost (some of which have now been rediscovered)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cFU6s4XS_E

Lots of stuff I remember watching back in the day like Alexander Bunyip's Billabong, SBS's Eat Carpet, The New Adventures Of Blinky Bill, Professor Poopsnaggle's Steam Zeppelin, etc

Apparently the radio interview where Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers threatens to bash TISM is lost media

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently the radio interview where Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers threatens to bash TISM is lost media

White people destroying white peoples own culture. Colonialism is a joke.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a long video about dozens and dozen of old Australian films and TV & radio shows which have been partially or completely lost (some of which have now been rediscovered)

Eat Carpet! many hours wasted there watching arty rubbish in hopes of seeing some nudies

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Chrpno posted:

Eat Carpet! many hours wasted there watching arty rubbish in hopes of seeing some nudies

SBS late night movies was where all the good stuff was.

Also holy poo poo I totally forgot about eat carpet.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
EAT
CAR
PET
a sticker I had on the kombi in 1995

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I used to tape cool animations from Eat Carpet to VHS. I wish I knew where that tape was.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I had this tape of trent reznor hosting rage in June 2000 for years
favorite rage ever I think

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_Q0xSCNSV-uhfMupkcYdeTmRW6pGSJzc

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Whoforthenwhat posted:

SBS late night movies was where all the good stuff was.

I have fond teen memories of coming home after work at pizza haven and watching the cult movie with des mangan. then the 1am rerun of S1 of 24, phwoar what a time to be alive

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

• License suspended
  • BAC .107
  • 4 kids, including 1 x toddler

Get in kids, we're going to go 171 down the highway. Lady, you can put the toddler on your lap so it's not scared.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Inceltown posted:

• License suspended
  • BAC .107
  • 4 kids, including 1 x toddler

Get in kids, we're going to go 171 down the highway. Lady, you can put the toddler on your lap so it's not scared.

Extra Adrenaline Mode - doing it during Easter, more cops to avoid!

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Double demerits and people still driving like idiots. Just boggles my mind.

My first thought was, was it a BMW X series or a Commo being driven at that speed while poo poo faced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kid in the lap is definitely bogan not cashed up bogan vehicle.