Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Starch based so you’d start brewing beer down there if you didn’t clean up thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Stronger than Fent. Bloody hell. Fent was terrifying enough.

So I was curious what the hell is up with it. So here's what I found on The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners websiteabout them..

quote:

Nitazenes are similar to the drug fentanyl, which has led to unprecedented deaths in North America.

Fentanyl is the prescription opioid that caused Prince’s death in 2016. Some are similar to fentanyl in strength, while others can be up to 50 times stronger than fentanyl.

However, there are concerns this new class of drugs, the nitazenes, may be different. Nitazenes were developed and tested in the 1950s by pharmaceutical companies, but unlike fentanyl, did not proceed to therapeutic use due to their poor safety profile.

In contrast to fentanyl, where medical use has led to a good understanding of its effects, there is comparatively limited research on nitazenes.
... hmm okay, so not great stuff to mistakenly ingest is what i'm hearing here.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Stronger than Fent. Bloody hell. Fent was terrifying enough.

if its stronger than fent then it should take out any cop that gets within 3kms of it

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
There's a girl in Sydney who once topped HSC for Biology for NSW one year, and she used to consume UHU glue sticks by using a ruler to slice off bits and eat them, there must be some magical stuff inside it!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yoy can still get pregnant from.pre clag

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

gay picnic defence posted:

I remember when glue sticks started taking over from clag, they didn't taste as good as clag except there was some purple one I think which wasn't too bad

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

‘It’s not about where you were conceived’: how a giant Chiko Roll reignited a feud among Australian towns

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I've got friends who are obsessed with tourist trap "big things" and you can bet they'll be complaining about this amd how it's not big enough to count as a 'big thing'. They're members of Facebook groups about Big Things and there'll probably be dumb arguments about this on those pages

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I hope you call your friends "size queens"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

The Peccadillo posted:

I saw a movie on sbs at a sleepover where the actors were soft core fuckin' and singing opera about it. I haven't found that movie since

Was there a holy baby or something?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Elissimpark posted:

Was there a holy baby or something?

Maybe. It was twenty five years ago. Pretty sure it was german

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

dr_rat posted:

So I was curious what the hell is up with it. So here's what I found on The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners websiteabout them..

... hmm okay, so not great stuff to mistakenly ingest is what i'm hearing here.

In addition to putting a warning on their social media accounts, NSW Health has issued a warning through MSM as well.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

That's so awful that Scott Morrison could have come up with the campaign.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
The Chico Roll is definitely something that could do with having a range.

Like a burrito one or something.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Inceltown posted:

Turns out it was just a mentally ill dude from Queensland but Aussies gonna Aussie.

This is straight out racism.

"He wasnt one of those filtgy foreign mislims. But he might have been. Eh?"

And to change the subject entirely...

I have lived throughmultiple earthquakes. The last one requiring me to evacuate outside in my undirs whilst the bemused old couple who lived next door looked qizzically at the weird Australian.
But I have never been in a flood. That poo poo scares me. The worst i have been in was when I was in Chennai dueing monsoon season, and the gutters backed up. And that was bad enough.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

The Chico Roll is definitely something that could do with having a range.

Like a burrito one or something.

Weirdly enough they went in the opposite direction and tried selling a vegetarian Chiko roll a few years ago, which their typical fan base apparently hated because sales were terrible so dropped it pretty quickly.

They got bought out by US mega-corporation Simplot about 20 years ago, that corp also own Bird's Eye, Chicken Tonight, I&J, John West, Leggo's, etc etc etc.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Weirdly enough they went in the opposite direction and tried selling a vegetarian Chiko roll a few years ago, which their typical fan base apparently hated because sales were terrible so dropped it pretty quickly.

They got bought out by US mega-corporation Simplot about 20 years ago, that corp also own Bird's Eye, Chicken Tonight, I&J, John West, Leggo's, etc etc etc.

I remember that veg version, it was....very slimy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait you people actually eat those? Those are for show. They're just there as as part of a rich cultural landscape.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
wait i thought a chiko roll was vegetarian? i thought they were big spring rolls

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wait you people actually eat those? Those are for show. They're just there as as part of a rich cultural landscape.

I'm halfway convinced they're an urban legend we created to fool tourists, like drop bears

I've never eaten one and I can't ever recall anyone I know talking about eating them. Pretty much every rundown fish & chip shop I've ever visited had a Chiko Roll poster on the wall but I never saw anyone order one

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Regular Wario posted:

wait i thought a chiko roll was vegetarian? i thought they were big spring rolls

no, that's a big spring roll. full of gray cabbage and salt and a marvellous crispy end

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I like them. Chicken salt and a bit of hot sauce.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I like them. Chicken salt and a bit of hot sauce.

qft

Although I'm getting a hot chip roll w/ gravy over this if it is on offer.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Never understood the Chiko hate, it's an elongated dimsim

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's nowhere they sell them where that's what I'd pick off the menu. Any fish and chip shop is gonna have fried fish, crab claws, seafood sticks, scallops, prawns, calamari - they'd have to be the shittiest little fish and chips shop in Broken Hill for a Chiko Roll to be the best thing on the menu.

They're a bygone product from a bygone era.

That and they're gross.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 26, 2024

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

Never understood the Chiko hate, it's an elongated dimsim

I've had one ever, and it was probably thirty years ago, but I thought they were mushier inside than a dimsim

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I have em with soy sauce, they’re great. Been a decade tho.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The ones I've had were unpleasantly mushy inside, wasn't a huge fan

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's nowhere they sell them where that's what I'd pick off the menu. Any fish and chip shop is gonna have fried fish, crab claws, seafood sticks, scallops, prawns, calamari - they'd have to be the shittiest little fish and chips shop in Broken Hill for a Chiko Roll to be the best thing on the menu.

They're a bygone product from a bygone era.

That and they're gross.

Yeah pretty much, whenever I see them for sale there’s about two dozen things on the menu I’d prefer

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

webmeister posted:

Yeah pretty much, whenever I see them for sale there’s about two dozen things on the menu I’d prefer

You get the 2 dozen other things and a chiko roll :btroll:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
chiko roll is for the ride home

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Battered sav all the way

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Get me a potato disc please

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery posted:

Get me a potato disc please

Ban yourself unicycle boy

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

The Peccadillo posted:

Battered sav all the way

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
golden fleece was a nice brand
there were plastic rams that lit up on the tops of the bowsers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
protect
your car
ALL THRU
ANAL ROTER

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Carlos Lantana posted:

golden fleece was a nice brand
there were plastic rams that lit up on the tops of the bowsers
Growing up we had golden fleece map of Australia on the bathroom wall. It wasn't till me teenage years I finally got around to asking what the hell golden fleece was.

My parents also had a world map that was brought when the USSR was still a thing, it remained at my parents house also on the bathroom wall till like two years ago'ish.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 27, 2024

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Pretty sure the atlas I grew up reading still featured Rhodesia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

webmeister posted:

Pretty sure the atlas I grew up reading still featured Rhodesia

You can probably still buy that map - or at least one exactly like it - on Amazon.