Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Budzilla posted:

Double The Fist - won best comedy at the Logies when no one watched it, beating out Kath and Kim. The first episode is slow but picks up after
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6aRauSEf5s

I'd completely forgotten about this show and it's kind of hard to deal with the fact that it's almost 20 years old now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I had a Golliwog when I was a toddler. My grandmother knitted it for me. She was very racist.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Out of all the people on Fat Pizza how is it that she's the one to become an international star? I stopped watching network tv and paying attention to the broader culture sometime around the mid 2000s so I totally missed how she blew up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's amazing that to this very day nobody knows who was in TISM or if they survived the bus crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yZOhkaVsZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYwQ9wOOLxA

This clip is the perfect microcosm of late 90s Australia.

I'd totally forgotten about 28 Days and I don't want to suggest that Limp Bizkit basically stole their act but they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfSHhWo4eyY

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 16, 2021

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Ron Hitler-Barassi Peter Minack Vocals
Humphrey B. Flaubert Damian Cowell Drums, vocals
Jock Cheese John "Jack" Holt Bass, vocals, guitar
Eugene de la Hot-Croix Bun Eugene Cester Keyboards, vocals
Tokin' Blackman (first billed as Tony Coitus) James Paull Guitar
Leak Van Vlalen Sean Kelly Guitar 1982–1991

Who are those guys? Were they in a band or something?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I only learned two things in school: That the teachers never checked for smokers behind the tennis courts and who crewed the Japanese submarine that kidnapped Harold Holt.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
One can only hope that video was fake from start to finish because otherwise that guy filmed himself committing attempted murder from several different angles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait so does that mean that penne pasta...?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What the hell was happening in Australia in the 80s that the government felt the need to put out a massive campaign to convince the public to do something. T-shirt printing? Cross country skiing? Sit down? Do some knitting? What the gently caress? We're people just sitting around staring at the wall for 16 hours a day? No wait they had to have been standing because they specifically advise people to sit down in the ad.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 23, 2021

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Me too but I remember it being more health and fitness oriented in the 90s. That one has a line that is literally "sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit".

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I can never find a decent chicken salt at the supermarkets. I've probably tried every band at Coles and Woolworths over the past few years. They're okay, but nothing really impresses me.

Go the Asian section of Coles and get the "chicken powder". It's basically chicken salt with extra msg.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Do you mean this stuff:

That's the stuff. It's a pretty big container full though. I can't imagine you'd need to buy more for a decade.

The Lone Badger posted:

MSG is the important part of chicken salt.

It is, but if you check out what's sold as chicken salt almost none of it has msg or very much msg.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People of a certain age and cultural background hate grass that's longer than 2 inches for some reason. If you have a lawn consider ripping it up and replacing it with anything else/nothing at all.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Do you think real estate agents know that everyone hates them?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're real estate agents of course they're awful but do you think they know that everyone thinks that? I don't think they do. I think all of their friends are either in real estate or marketing or property development and they have no idea how universally hated they are.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

sarcastx posted:

like the time some gently caress mentioned the words "peter combe" and I got a song stuck in my head for a month that I genuinely can't possibly have heard for 34 years

God dammit! Don't forget to brush your teeth.:argh:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And is only going to get worse and worse. Imagine how hosed the drought that will follow in the next few years will be?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's just 'cause this year government busy bodies made them put the seats back on.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

dr_rat posted:

Is no one going to save that person that it is clearly eating? No?

okay.

Yeah nah this time of day old Tommo Bombaroo is up at the cricketers arms playing the pokies. If they're still there after closing I guess he'll sort 'em out.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

webmeister posted:

Don’t worry, old Tommo knows the perfect song for this guy

*rip rip wood chip turn it into paper*

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What happened to Yahoo Serious? He came out of nowhere, made those two movies, and then vanished. Where did he come from? Where did he go?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What a magnificent enigma.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well which is it? Two laws or three movies? Make your mind up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

2g of coke over 15 days is absolutely no excuse for that sort of behaviour.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You're probably too young to remember the time she personally busted a dole bludger skiving off at the pub instead of looking for work. Or the time she confronted a single mother with children by different fathers as she was picking said children up from school.

Show some respect for a great journalist.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why would anyone ever poo poo talk an ibis?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What they could find any blue jelly? Or use jelly babies? I would not make this recipe as is.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Of course blue jelly existed back then. I can't remember what blue aeroplane jelly was called. Not blueberry or anything obvious. It was like cumquat or.. I can't remember.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 8, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I didn't remember what one was until I looked it up just now. It's not a word I've heard outside of a packet of aeroplane jelly.

It's a native Australian fruit that I think only grows in the desert. You can't buy them anywhere except maybe speciality "health food" shops or something.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jestery posted:

!?

they grow everywhere, I had them over my playground in inner city Brisbane, and they are in the Botanical gardens and rainforests everywhere

:shrug: Maybe. I don't think there are any around here though. Is it a hot climate plant?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does that penis design mean that it shoots jizz in 4 different directions at once or are those suction caps?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
oh thats a shame

i wonder if our media will try to redeem him now that he's dead

lol never mind I just read that he called it sad news. It took hours or less.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There was definitively a noticeable split between those that agreed with his policy of covering up systemic child abuse and thought who disagreed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My cousin was named after that cyclone. You shouldn't name people after cyclones, it's just tempting fate.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Not as often as she did.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What hits me is not much the differences but just the same everything looks besides the car models.

50 years later and that bit of Parramatta Road is still a lovely bit of strode where small businesses go to die.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm not sure if it was that fire and/or different fires in the Ku-ring-gai and Lane Love happening at the same time but that was the year it rained ash and half burned leaves on inner city Sydney.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I saw Carl Baron once at UNSW and I have no further comment to make. I suppose it was a decent enough night as I have no memory of it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Apparently that Appliances Online blimp is/was the last one in the entire southern hemisphere.

I think there's only about 10-20 in the whole world now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What if it were 4 jatz?